BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

04-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Klasse AIO + Collonite 845 Review

So this past weekend, I completely detailed the car after a track event and it doubled as my 1x every 6 month detail.

The products I use have to be relatively easy to work with, as I don't have time or space to use an orbital - so the solution I came up with was Klasse All-In-One and Collonite 845 based on what I've read in these forums.

Prep

*Two bucket wash
*Tarminator on key areas where tar/goo/rubber marks were

Application

1) Used a moistened microfiber with Meguair's Detailer Spray to pre-lubricate , and applied Klasse AIO as directed. I use more than the directed amount because it seems to work better

2) Using another MF towel and separate applicator pad, applied Collonite 845 with applicator pad. Let haze and shined with MF towel. A little harder to apply than Klasse, but worthwhile, the results were stunning.

Not only did it look great, on Monday when it rained, the beading was so good and protection so solid, that the rain didn't really leave any watermarks or spots! I was so surprised that the car still looked shiny and clean!

If you're looking for a nice combo, that's relatively easy to do and doesn't require an orbital, you might want to give this combo a go.

Name:  IMG_20130428_171442.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  155.4 KB

Last edited by S65V8; 05-01-2013 at 07:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

I used that combo on my trunk lid a week or two ago. I applied by hand and works great overall, but didn't remove some water spots....too lazy to lug out the orbital though.
Appreciate 0