BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 JtBlk e92 M3

Really...

I come home today from visiting Ann Arbor Michigan to find this on my hood and left fender...

My blood is boiling.

I have NOT made any enemies I can think of that would do this. Who ever did this is truly a pathetic human being. Karma, divine justice, or whatever you want to call it, I hope it catches up to them quickly. At least before I find them.

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

That really sucks. Why do I think stuff like this is connected to the emotion behind occupy wall street? "Stupid rich BMW guy stealing our money!!"

Anyway, hope it's a smooth and easy fix.

Cheers

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
OerdingE93
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Mineral White E93 M3 DCT

i cringe whenever i see this... the other day a few friends and i from l4p are hanging out in the parking lot of fashion island and noticed a AW comp package e92. We go up to it to check it out and from the front fender all the way to the trunk was long deep key marks. it was a sad sight to say the least.

hope it buffs out ok jj

|ESS VT1-550 510whp|MRF MID|AKRA REAR|CKS COILS|FORGESTAR|CSL TRUNK|GT4 Lip|3D-DESIGN
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #4
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep

I would not be surprised since Ann Arbor has their own lame "Occupy Ann Arbor" going on.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #5
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OerdingE93 View Post
i cringe whenever i see this... the other day a few friends and i from l4p are hanging out in the parking lot of fashion island and noticed a AW comp package e92. We go up to it to check it out and from the front fender all the way to the trunk was long deep key marks. it was a sad sight to say the least.

hope it buffs out ok jj
This is probably the saddest I've ever felt about a car.

I ran my nail across it. I think this is going to need a repaint. Thanks for the kind words Oerding.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Sorry to see this my friend, hope you get it fixed and then put it out off your mind to continue to enjoy your car.

As for who ever did this ... let us hope it is true what they say what goes around comes around ... so soon some day someone somewhere will pay him back for his evil deed.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #7
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

sorry bro... happened to me 2 weeks ago... oh wait last week... LOL

yea it sucks... fawker will get karma...

just let karma get them... well who ever did mine... ill have GOD do the work... after i touch it up it made it a little better. haters will be haters... and soon they will realize that they made some fawked up decision and till they are old... it will haunt them...

OK OK IM GOING TO MUCH ON IT... lol JUST WANTED TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER...

HERE IS MINE...

Last edited by Grail05; 02-09-2012 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #8
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Sorry man. People have no respect.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #9
Giccy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: like he has much to learn

Brutal - sorry to see that dude.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
jcaptain
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3-DCT-Blk/Blk

That is horrible. I will never understand what possesses the mind of the vandal that thought that scratching your vehicle, or any other, is a good idea. Sorry sir and good luck with the repair (hopefully, an easy one).
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

probably dumb kids.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #12
Watercooledind Wheels
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

It really is a shame.. seems like a lot of these threads are popping up now. There was one about someone stealing his stock wheels, keying, etc. etc.

Just a shame someone would do this to someone's property.. the lack of respect is just ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #13
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
That really sucks, sorry to hear and hope you can get this fixed ASAP

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw2331 View Post
This is probably the saddest I've ever felt about a car.

I ran my nail across it. I think this is going to need a repaint. Thanks for the kind words Oerding.
Sorry to see that this happened to you. In my mind this is far worse than someone who isn't paying attention and causes the damage in a rear-ender. True, you could be injured that way, and the person really needs to respect the fact that they can kill someone with their inattention, but that person didn't intentionally decide to ruin your day by being an A&& bag.

This sort of thing really pisses me off. I've fortunately only had one scratch like that put into a car-the hood of my S2000. I've never had my doors keyed, etc. I have had three people hit and run various vehicles in parking lots, leaving significant rear quarter panel and light damage.

I don't believe in karma. If it really happened we'd see dozens of people dying each day when hit by the frozen toilet waste that airplanes dump before landing. You can hopefully at least get a bit of solace form the fact that you aren't the only one to cross the path of one of these morons.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #15
///My5UV
Lurker
Rep
Drives: YMB F80, SS E90

Hard to tell how big that is but it's possible somebody just fell on the car or dropped something on it and ran. I guess I must be in a good mood because I'd rather believe that than somebody going out of their way to damage something for no reason.
      02-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #16
Mike van D
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

Sorry to see...hope you get her fixed soon.
      02-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
Doctor J
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

At least it wasn't an axe....

02-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #18
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

That is an odd angle, or lack their of, are you sure this wasn't there before or caused by another incident or event? That type of scratch doesn't really look like a "hey f*** you', it almost looks like damage from an ice scrapper, poor carwash method, just not somebody walking by keying your car. Looks like a north south motion, not a traditional east west movement...

Not to get too CSI with it, but wen people key cars, they usually do it in areas that you will see, or to get back you, certainly it could be a lot worse - if it was a 'key'ing' event, it certainly looks half assed.

Good luck with the repair, fortunately, a good hood repainting is always a bonus!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #19
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watercooledind Wheels View Post
It really is a shame.. seems like a lot of these threads are popping up now. There was one about someone stealing his stock wheels, keying, etc. etc.

Just a shame someone would do this to someone's property.. the lack of respect is just ridiculous.

+1

These really have been popping up a lot lately

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #20
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
Anyone else take notice that the color isn't Jet Black??? Or is my phone just really off???

Was this on your M3 or another car? Sucks nonetheless but just curious....

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #21
dhahlen
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e30 318is, e90 335i, e92 m3

man, axe video is awesome
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #22
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Sorry to see this my friend, hope you get it fixed and then put it out off your mind to continue to enjoy your car.

As for who ever did this ... let us hope it is true what they say what goes around comes around ... so soon some day someone somewhere will pay him back for his evil deed.
Thank you sir. I hope this person will learn their lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
sorry bro... happened to me 2 weeks ago... oh wait last week... LOL

yea it sucks... fawker will get karma...

just let karma get them... well who ever did mine... ill have GOD do the work... after i touch it up it made it a little better. haters will be haters... and soon they will realize that they made some fawked up decision and till they are old... it will haunt them...

OK OK IM GOING TO MUCH ON IT... lol JUST WANTED TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER...

HERE IS MINE...
I remember seeing your thread a week ago. lol. I thought, wow that sucks, I hope you catch that jerk. I can't imagine what I would do if that happened to me. Then it happens to me...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Sorry man. People have no respect.
Thanks TECH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccy Gic View Post
Brutal - sorry to see that dude.
Thanks Giccy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaptain View Post
That is horrible. I will never understand what possesses the mind of the vandal that thought that scratching your vehicle, or any other, is a good idea. Sorry sir and good luck with the repair (hopefully, an easy one).
I don't understand either. The repaint should be done by this Tuesday, which is good news so far. I just hope it comes out looking as good as it did before it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkap View Post
probably dumb kids.
Or dumb college students. Yup, the University of Michigan has those too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Assholes.
I concur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watercooledind Wheels View Post

I seem to see vandalism threads quite often these days too. What's more sad is, more of these threads will continue to pop up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m View Post
That really sucks, sorry to hear and hope you can get this fixed ASAP
Thanks j2m!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMA Doc View Post
Sorry to see that this happened to you. In my mind this is far worse than someone who isn't paying attention and causes the damage in a rear-ender. True, you could be injured that way, and the person really needs to respect the fact that they can kill someone with their inattention, but that person didn't intentionally decide to ruin your day by being an A&& bag.

This sort of thing really pisses me off. I've fortunately only had one scratch like that put into a car-the hood of my S2000. I've never had my doors keyed, etc. I have had three people hit and run various vehicles in parking lots, leaving significant rear quarter panel and light damage.

I don't believe in karma. If it really happened we'd see dozens of people dying each day when hit by the frozen toilet waste that airplanes dump before landing. You can hopefully at least get a bit of solace form the fact that you aren't the only one to cross the path of one of these morons.
You're right and I agree. I would have no animosity towards someone who accidentally damaged my vehicle. However, people who key cars for the temporary pleasure of giving me a bad day don't deserve an ounce of my sympathy or understanding. I realized this morning, I won't offer them today as well. Instead, I'm starting to feel sorry for whoever did this since they find satisfaction in ruining people's property. Perhaps their life is sadder than I can imagine. For example, not being able to own and drive an M3 (just joking).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///My5UV View Post
Hard to tell how big that is but it's possible somebody just fell on the car or dropped something on it and ran. I guess I must be in a good mood because I'd rather believe that than somebody going out of their way to damage something for no reason.
I would like to believe that too. But you should visit Ann Arbor. lol. They have various types of people; the good and the bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMoreToyz View Post
Sorry to see...hope you get her fixed soon.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor J View Post
At least it wasn't an axe....

Hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
That is an odd angle, or lack their of, are you sure this wasn't there before or caused by another incident or event? That type of scratch doesn't really look like a "hey f*** you', it almost looks like damage from an ice scrapper, poor carwash method, just not somebody walking by keying your car. Looks like a north south motion, not a traditional east west movement...

Not to get too CSI with it, but wen people key cars, they usually do it in areas that you will see, or to get back you, certainly it could be a lot worse - if it was a 'key'ing' event, it certainly looks half assed.

Good luck with the repair, fortunately, a good hood repainting is always a bonus!
Thanks Nine!

I'm very meticulous about my car. I walk around it frequently when I'm out or at home in the morning or at night. I don't use an ice scrapper since I never drive in the snow or leave it outside on snowy days. I handwash my car each time I wash it using the two bucket method with grit gaurds. Even if I had a piece of grit in my wash mitt, I would have to push really really hard to get a scratch this deep.

In regards to the direction of the scratch, it's hard to figure out why north to south. Perhaps this vandal wanted to try something different? More importantly, the parking garage I was in doesn't really have much to fall on my car.

Cars getting fixed as I write this. I'll show a comparison of shop repaint vs. factory paint to show how little or how great the difference is. Hopefully, I won't be able to tell from 2 ft. away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
Anyone else take notice that the color isn't Jet Black??? Or is my phone just really off???

Was this on your M3 or another car? Sucks nonetheless but just curious....
It's not your phone. My iPhone4 with flash is really off. My M3 is Jet Black according to the color#668 stamped on the underside of my hood.

Yes it does suck.
Appreciate 0