BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

08-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Eis Race, too much for DD?

Hi
i had a vanguard on my car and really liked it, looked great and sounded great.
near the end i couldve used a little more sound, but only a touch, volume was great by me, not obnoxious but present.

I am looking to try smtg new and keep coming across a lot of eis race and want to know how much louder it really is and where in the rev band, how does it compare, what to look at...i know most of the exhausts for our cars but not intimately or personally, just reading.

I dd and a lot around town with cops, etc. So down low i dont like loud, but at 8k i dont care at all.

thanks guys
      08-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

The drone on the race is really bothersome. Meisterschaft GT, buddy! Come to T.O and I`ll let you drive and then you`ll see.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
SleepyE90
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bavarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
The drone on the race is really bothersome. Meisterschaft GT, buddy! Come to T.O and I`ll let you drive and then you`ll see.
My friend has just the Eisenmann Race muffler in his e92 m3 and you barely notice the drone at all. It is a great exhaust for daily driving. It is a little bit louder when cruising but when you step on it and the revs go high the sound is intoxicating.
Definitely the best sounding exhaust without being obnoxiously loud.
      08-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
MikeM5
Future Classic
Philippines
Rep
Drives: BMW / Porsche

I found the Eisenmann race to be more than bearable for daily driving. Not too loud when you're cruising around leisurely, but puts a smile on your face when you get on it. I have actually even added a Challenge X-Pipe (and soon some Fabspeed HFCs). I have always been a big fan of Eisenmann and have run them on half the cars I have owned (the other two systems being Dinan on an E34 and Bastuck on my previous E90 335).

I have heard a wide variety of systems on the E9x M3 and with the exception of the Akra exhaust, I think the Eisenmann is unmatched sound/quality-wise.

Melbourne E90 M3 | Jet Black E46 M3 | Techno E36 M3 | 997.2 C2S | 958 Cayenne GTS
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

thanks a lot guys
i was hoping that it was as described, meaning if you are soft on it around town it doesnt attract too much attention...when i get on it, id like to hear it ...

the drone is all that worries me - a good friend has warned me quite explicitly about it but i have never heard it...didnt think eisanmann and drone would be a worry personally...

so around town it is more than civil,..
did you guys use yuour stock connecting pipes or buy new ones? what to do.

thanks again guys
      08-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

i say buy a new connecting pipes to avoid cutting your OEM one.

if not, you have to cut your OEM one and snap the muffler right on.
      08-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbb85 View Post
i say buy a new connecting pipes to avoid cutting your OEM one.

if not, you have to cut your OEM one and snap the muffler right on.
same thought as you...couldnt i just buy a used oem stock exhaust and hack the pipes off that one>

thanks
      08-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
lebreeze
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18’c63s,15’macanturbo,14’ 991s

Garage List
2008 e92 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
mmmorish I remember you used to come down to Windsor sometimes. If you still do I would love to hear your exhaust sometime.
      08-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

Compared to C63 exhaust sound, would you guys say Eisenmann is much louder? does it sound better?
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
SleepyE90
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bavarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood07 View Post
Compared to C63 exhaust sound, would you guys say Eisenmann is much louder? does it sound better?
E-race M3 sounds much better
      08-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #11
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

Thanks again guys
Last thing. Do you guys have trouble in indoor lots with alarms etc. Cause then its out. I go from indoor to indoor garage all with picky ppl. And they are easily multistory ones. I won't drive quick thru them but still. Thks
      08-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui View Post
Thanks again guys
Last thing. Do you guys have trouble in indoor lots with alarms etc. Cause then its out. I go from indoor to indoor garage all with picky ppl. And they are easily multistory ones. I won't drive quick thru them but still. Thks
shouldn't be a problem unless you are revving up like a ricer boy, lol
      08-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #13
In Extremis
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i xdrive

In my honest opinion I say go for what sounds best to you and not care what other people think. In the end, you are the one in your car all the time. I have no problems daily driving my 65 GTO. If you're cool with the sound, I say go for it. I've been in this same situation and I'm leaning towards an E Race with xpipe and HF cats.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #14
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

thanks for the input jordan and i agree to an extent...but i also dont want to be the nuisance of the garage or neighborhood, i will drive civil when in the garage and my area, i dont care how loud it is when i open it up, but around town and in garages i dont want alarms going off with regular driving...theyll just revoke my permit and it will piss everyone off...
      08-23-2010, 03:38 AM   #15
Ryne@AEP
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: German

Niqui,

It sounds like you want something unique and different in terms of exhaust. I'd like you to check out our offerings and consider our system when you make your decision on exhausts. We have been building and selling exhausts for 10 years and I have learned first hand what makes and breaks a system.

Our system encompasses all of the positives one could want from a system. Linking class & sophistication with exotic sounds, weight reduction, minimal drone and maximum power. Really - the end all of Stainless Steel exhausts for the M3.

Check out our website and videos, if you have any questions I would be glad to talk via phone or email in detail about making the right decision for your M3.

www.aeperformance.com

Regards,

Ryne O'Donnell

[u2b]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YUaCwcCVbRE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YUaCwcCVbRE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 05:09 AM   #16
IRMthree
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

if you're worried about the Race being too loud, you can always just get their Sport model, which is quieter, and more dd friendly
      08-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #17
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRMthree View Post
if you're worried about the Race being too loud, you can always just get their Sport model, which is quieter, and more dd friendly
yup, i was fine with it until a few members told me it will set off alarms indoors, which i find pretty nuts...
see i want more than the eis sport, but i guess not as much as the race...
gintani sport?

ae, thanks a lot...i dunno, havent heard too much about ur exhaust, ill read up
      08-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #18
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

the easiest way for you is to find out when the next meet is around your area and then go and see what other guys are running. Then once you hear it in person you will be able to make your choice. Everyone on here has different likes and dislikes when it comes to sound so you will never really get the answers your looking for intill you hear the exhaust in person.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #19
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

i think the eisenmann sport yields a bit more flexibility than the race in terms of getting the sound you're looking for. if the sport alone isn't enough punch for you sound-wise, you can easily add an x-pipe/HFC to get it to where you may want it to be.

riding in several E9x cars with the eisenmann race system, i can't report excessive drone in any instance and i personally love the way that they sound. if you are just driving around normally, the race is very civil...but when you get on it the sound is

and like MikeM5 said in an earlier post, the eisenmann is tough to match quality-wise save for the akra system.

here are some real world sound figures:

SPORT-Version:

moving vehicle = 75 db
stationary vehicle = 92 db at 6.225 1/min
25% flow improvement over stock
weight of the muffler = apr. 21 kg

RACE-Version:

moving vehicle = apr. 95 db
stationary vehicle = apr. 102 db at 6.225 1/min
32% flow improvement over stock
weight of the muffler = apr. 21 kg

feel free to PM me if you have any further questions!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #20
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

thks a lot guys
i pmd u by the way...
civil around town and a screamer is what i like. not obnoxious when in town but dirty when ur having fun.
the gt2 is even louder right?
cause i am used to the vanguard volume so i guess this will be like 15% louder down low?
thanks
      08-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #21
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebreeze View Post
mmmorish I remember you used to come down to Windsor sometimes. If you still do I would love to hear your exhaust sometime.
I`m down this weekend. Got a few meetings on Friday in Lasalle and Windsor and then I`m at a wedding on Saturday. This weekend may be tough but the next time I`m down, which should be labour day weekend, I`ll PM you.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #22
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
given that a moving vehicle is 95 db....and the sport is 75...that's QUITE a bit louder. 102 db @ 6300 rpm is insane as well but that should be fun .

It'll probably be louder than Anthony's setup IMO
Appreciate 0