BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Mporium BMW

12-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #265
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
question is Blake whether he ran the wrong route or did tony get mixed up
on the plays?
witten didnt even look back that one play at the end. he fucked up 2 key plays that pretty much cost them the game. the communication between romo and witten was weak.

TO was fucking pissed at the end. I LOLed pretty hard

im not a steelers fan. i actually hate roethlisberger. its just cowboys games are always eventful

Last edited by MMMazing07; 12-08-2008 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #266
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

^ The question is, how many times has Witten EVER f'd up like that before? Something was not right. Him not looking back on a possible game ending final play?
      12-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #267
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

he is a good player. just having a bad day at the wrong time. whens barber going to be back
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #268
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
question is Blake whether he ran the wrong route or did tony get mixed up on the plays?
i think witten ran the right route, based on what it looked like, witten was concentrating too much on getting free from his defender instead of the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
In the post game interview Tony said it was his fault for the loss. Witten acted like it was his fault at the end of the game, but that is just the kind of player he is.
i could blame any number of people, but it doesn't change the fact that we lost. romo made too many mistakes, so i'd probably have to put the biggest amount of blame on him. if he didn't throw that pick that sealed the game for the steelers, we wouldn't be bitching right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Everyone can say what they want about the Texans, but that was a great game overall by both the Packers and Texans.
clash of the titans
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #269
yu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
so what's going to be the redskins excuse when they fail to make the playoffs again?
Again? We've been to the playoffs two out of the past three years... and we've WON a playoff game. More than the Cowboys can say. You guys should be thinking of drafting a quarterback who doesn't cost you the big games and getting rid of T.O. who can't catch and just cries every time he doesn't get thrown to. You have a future with Felix Jones though once he gets healthy.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #270
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
clash of the titans
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #271
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuBimmer View Post
Again? We've been to the playoffs two out of the past three years... and we've WON a playoff game. More than the Cowboys can say. You guys should be thinking of drafting a quarterback who doesn't cost you the big games and getting rid of T.O. who can't catch and just cries every time he doesn't get thrown to. You have a future with Felix Jones though once he gets healthy.
you must have water on the brain. the only reason you want to piss and moan about TO, romo, and anyone else is because your jealous your busted ass team doesn't have such weapons. that's the only reason why anyone ever pisses and moans about the cowboys. people are jealous of our swagger when it's there, it's something that other teams loath for. enjoy mediocrity bitches, i'll take all the weapons in the world.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 02:39 PM   #272
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
sorry, that was a little harsh. honestly, i wish the texans all the best of luck. i'd like to see them become a great team, and as previously stated in this thread, i would love an annual cowboys/texans regular season game. it's a shame schaub got hurt, i think the texans would be right in the wild card race if he didn't have that knee injury. another thing that doesn't really help the texans is being in the same division as tennessee and indy.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #273
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
sorry, that was a little harsh. honestly, i wish the texans all the best of luck. i'd like to see them become a great team, and as previously stated in this thread, i would love an annual cowboys/texans regular season game. it's a shame schaub got hurt, i think the texans would be right in the wild card race if he didn't have that knee injury. another thing that doesn't really help the texans is being in the same division as tennessee and indy.
You don't have to appologize. It is what is. We're all sports fans and love our teams.

People can knock my team(s) all they want. I still pull for them, and still see tremendous potential in the making for the Texans. It's been a fun season to watch, even with all the problems and mistakes.

I agree, a yearly Cowboy/Texan match up would be awesome. We'll see yall next season.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #274
yu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
you must have water on the brain. the only reason you want to piss and moan about TO, romo, and anyone else is because your jealous your busted ass team doesn't have such weapons. that's the only reason why anyone ever pisses and moans about the cowboys. people are jealous of our swagger when it's there, it's something that other teams loath for. enjoy mediocrity bitches, i'll take all the weapons in the world.
Of all people I would think a Cowboys fan would be tired of Romo and T.O. I have respect for each and every team (except Detroit). Your team should have went to the Super Bowl last year AND the year before that. You're right, you have ALL the weapons but what do you do with them? Absolutely nothing. So that makes you guys no better than the Redskins. And if you think the Redskins don't have weapons, you need to start watching more of our games. Clinton Portis, arguably the best running back in the league this season. Santana Moss, Chris Cooley, Jon Jansen, Chris Samuels, Jason Taylor, London Fletcher, our WHOLE secondary. Yeah, I'm really jealous of the Cowboys. Just like you should, I get frustrated when we underachieve. You can have all the weapons in the world, but what use are they if you don't win it all?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #275
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuBimmer View Post
Of all people I would think a Cowboys fan would be tired of Romo and T.O. I have respect for each and every team (except Detroit). Your team should have went to the Super Bowl last year AND the year before that. You're right, you have ALL the weapons but what do you do with them? Absolutely nothing. So that makes you guys no better than the Redskins. And if you think the Redskins don't have weapons, you need to start watching more of our games. Clinton Portis, arguably the best running back in the league this season. Santana Moss, Chris Cooley, Jon Jansen, Chris Samuels, Jason Taylor, London Fletcher, our WHOLE secondary. Yeah, I'm really jealous of the Cowboys. Just like you should, I get frustrated when we underachieve. You can have all the weapons in the world, but what use are they if you don't win it all?
The Redskins have weapons, but no QB!

If the Cowboys would have made it to the SB 2 years ago...they would have lost to the Colts!

Tony Romo will always choke!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #276
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Here are my picks for 12/11:
NO Saints vs Chicago Bears - 13
Tennessee Titans vs Houston Texans - 9
Green Bay Packers vs Jacksonville Jags - 14
San Fran 49ers vs Miami Dolphins - 7
San Diego Chargers vs Kansas City Chiefs - 8
Detroit Loins vs Indianapolis Colts - 1
Seattle Seahawks vs St. Louis Rams - 16
Washington Redskins vs Cincinnati Bengals - 6
Denver Broncos vs Carolina Panthers - 4
Buffalo Bills vs New York Jets - 3
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Atlanta Falcons - 11
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Baltimore Ravens - 10
Minnesota Vikings vs Arizona Cardinals - 15
New England Patriots vs Oakland Raiders - 5
New York Giants vs Dallas Cowboys - 12
Clevland Browns vs Philadelphia Eagles - 2
Listed by times
Numbered by confidence

Let's here some feedback and comments
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #277
kabalm18
United_States
Rep

How long before TO is kicked out of Dallas?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #278
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabalm18 View Post
How long before TO is kicked out of Dallas?
Won't be before W. Phillips gets kicked out. Anyone ever think that the cowboys play book maybe to damn complicated for the players and thats why Tony throws so many interceptions and no one ever knows where to line up! I can't believe that Jason Garrett has integrated this system of the so called "Cowboys live and die by the big play" Since when have the cowboys lived and died by the big play? WTF happened to the 4-5 yard plays and wearing down the defense while running all over them the entire game! My opinion, if we don't have a big run in the playoffs then not only will Wade Phillips be gone next year, but so will Jason Garrett, and I doubt TO is going anywhere.

Okay
/Rant

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #279
kabalm18
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Won't be before W. Phillips gets kicked out. Anyone ever think that the cowboys play book maybe to damn complicated for the players and thats why Tony throws so many interceptions and no one ever knows where to line up! I can't believe that Jason Garrett has integrated this system of the so called "Cowboys live and die by the big play" Since when have the cowboys lived and died by the big play? WTF happened to the 4-5 yard plays and wearing down the defense while running all over them the entire game! My opinion, if we don't have a big run in the playoffs then not only will Wade Phillips be gone next year, but so will Jason Garrett, and I doubt TO is going anywhere.

Okay
/Rant

I do agree with a lot of what you said. The only problem is you are assuming the Cowboys are making the playoffs. I still think TO is a cancer, though.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #280
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabalm18 View Post
I do agree with a lot of what you said. The only problem is you are assuming the Cowboys are making the playoffs. I still think TO is a cancer, though.
I'm not assuming their going to make the playoffs, what I was trying to say is they not only have to make the playoffs this year but they need to get deep into the playoffs. Also I don't think TO is the cancer to the team, I think losing is the cancer, because any good player hates losing. Take for example Clinton Portis in Washington, or Roy Williams in Detriot, Jason Taylor with Miami last year, etc. etc. It's human nature to start complaining when your good at something and you continue to fail at it which in this case is TO is a above average reciever with a more then above average team but yet they we continue to lose.

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #281
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

i think this, and pretty much all the TO controversies this year, are OVERLY INFLATED by ESPN and the sports media to garner ratings. i'm so sick of espn, they're like nazi germany when it comes to propaganda. i can't even stand to watch that crap anymore. if someone drops a pen in the cowboys locker room, espn claims the cowboys are falling apart, which then perpetuates throughout the entire rest of the media. it's fucking ridiculous. cowboys players and assistant coaches should not even be allowed to talk to the media, then this shit wouldn't happen. most true cowboys fans, like myself, aren't worried about TO ruining our team, because most true cowboys fans don't see it like the rest of the world sees it. everyone wants us to fail so bad because we've got all these big egos. here in dallas, we don't give a shit what you guys think. all these EXTERIOR influences are trying to tear the team apart. i don't think there is much going on inside the team that is too significant...it's the media that gets it and blows the shit way out of proportion. /end rant
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #282
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

oh and playoffs, if we don't make it, i've already accepted that. injuries have absolutely decimated us this year, can't avoid that. everyone can say we choked, but we have not had a lot of the key pieces in place all year long consistently. romo being out that long for some really easy games that were almost automatics killed us. oh well.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:27 PM   #283
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
i think this, and pretty much all the TO controversies this year, are OVERLY INFLATED by ESPN and the sports media to garner ratings. i'm so sick of espn, they're like nazi germany when it comes to propaganda. i can't even stand to watch that crap anymore. if someone drops a pen in the cowboys locker room, espn claims the cowboys are falling apart, which then perpetuates throughout the entire rest of the media. it's fucking ridiculous. cowboys players and assistant coaches should not even be allowed to talk to the media, then this shit wouldn't happen. most true cowboys fans, like myself, aren't worried about TO ruining our team, because most true cowboys fans don't see it like the rest of the world sees it. everyone wants us to fail so bad because we've got all these big egos. here in dallas, we don't give a shit what you guys think. all these EXTERIOR influences are trying to tear the team apart. i don't think there is much going on inside the team that is too significant...it's the media that gets it and blows the shit way out of proportion. /end rant
That is true obviously to an extent but no locker room is 100 percent okay. When I played football in highschool and college, anytime we lost we all felt like someone had to be blamed. Whether it was the coaches, players, etc. there was always drama. I do agree with you that it's blown out of proportion in the media because we would get over it the next practice but thats what the media does, entertain people with bullshit stories right? Nonetheless the cowboys have to start winning or major changes are going to occur regardless of what the media says. Jerry nor the fans (including myself and the insane blake!) are going to put up with this much talent and this many heartbreaking losses year after year.

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:29 PM   #284
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
oh and playoffs, if we don't make it, i've already accepted that. injuries have absolutely decimated us this year, can't avoid that. everyone can say we choked, but we have not had a lot of the key pieces in place all year long consistently. romo being out that long for some really easy games that were almost automatics killed us. oh well.
The shitty back ups is the Cowboys fault. WTF is Brad going to do in place of Romo, lol. If someone sneezes on him he goes down. We should of been better prepared for injuries IMO. Look at our defense, if Ware goes down we have someone else to step up. Newman went down, and we had a rookie step up and do a decent job. Now the rookie is down but we got Newman back

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #285
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
That is true obviously to an extent but no locker room is 100 percent okay. When I played football in highschool and college, anytime we lost we all felt like someone had to be blamed. Whether it was the coaches, players, etc. there was always drama. I do agree with you that it's blown out of proportion in the media because we would get over it the next practice but thats what the media does, entertain people with bullshit stories right? Nonetheless the cowboys have to start winning or major changes are going to occur regardless of what the media says. Jerry nor the fans (including myself and the insane blake!) are going to put up with this much talent and this many heartbreaking losses year after year.
i would give a kidney to just start the season over today with a healthy roster.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #286
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
i would give a kidney to just start the season over today with a healthy roster.
What about your left nut?

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0