BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

07-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none

Eating My Own Excrement

The other morning I got up and I had to have a heaping, fat, gelatinous bowl of fresh excrement straight from myself.

And I was HAPPY about it!

Dipping the spoon in, the taste was beautiful….

You see, I have been ranting about the disappointing M3 reviews and I believe, I even referred to it as a piece of sh*t….. I did leave “wiggle” room by saying numerous times, I hoped I would be proven wrong, and that I hoped that I would ending up eating sh*t later on when more judicious tests were run.

Enough tests have been run, and in the mean time I have been studying the Audi and C63 hard…. The tests have made me into a raving imbecile. Meaning, I was wrong!

Sorry, I was fu**ing WRONG! God bless my tortured soul!! Forgive me people… I have seen the light. I’m back in the M3 saddle. I like the sedan pic at http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51646

And that’s for ME! (the coupe’ is too boy racer for me… just too “age 29” for my tastes) The M3 is respected on the street. Here in Newport Coast, the C Class gets you the “oh my, my, my… you couldn’t afford an E Class?” look.
The M3… is an M3. It’s on its own. And the bottom line? NO MAINTENANCE costs and it looks 20,000 times better then the MBZ.

I don’t give a rats sh*t about an Audi being .000000000000002 quicker or the C63 for that matter.

1. THAT would be all in the race
2. THAT would be subjective to that test, on THAT track, at THAT ambient
temp
3. And in the real world, it would be the driver.
Sigh. Me sorry. Never say no-thing about de’ M3 bad o-gain….
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #2
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I am glad you are convinced and have left the hater's ilk.
I still need solid convincing before shelling out $70k. Some of these reviews get me down. But I know there is more to come.
Let me know what info you conjured about the C63 AMG.
      07-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #3
MisterBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Its Ok mate!

No you don't have to eat no S**t. Be cool :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 09:01 PM   #4
dilsere2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

I think new M3 is going to be like SH**T <i would never pay 60grand for m3> I think price should be around 54k +options
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsere2 View Post
I think new M3 is going to be like SH**T <i would never pay 60grand for m3> I think price should be around 54k +options
Wrong thread brotha.
      07-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #6
Caravello
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3

I can rest easy at night b/c in my mind a Porsche will always be a dentist's car, a Benz will always be a rich guy's wife's car and an Audi will always be -- how shall I say -- a car for swarthy unibrow people who spit when they speak and wear a lot of cologne and live in Glendale, CA -- if you know what I mean.

A BMW is never out of style, and that's why I like them. So even if it isn't the fastest, I just know deep down in my bones that I like it and that people 25 years down the road will like it too while the Benz's and Audis are long forgotten. Benz used to be, like BMW, a car with a lot of style, but they went too "mass market" and now most look like $hit. Some Audis look okay too, but an Audi is an Audi. Porsches are beautiful, but expensive and the people who drive them are Yoda-like bald fellas. At least in L.A. Ha ha ha!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #7
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhouseEnt View Post
The other morning I got up and I had to have a heaping, fat, gelatinous bowl of fresh excrement straight from myself.

At least you are man enough to own up your actions. I didn't bother responding to your messages because you were on a rampage. Welcome back to sanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy
I still need solid convincing before shelling out $70k. Some of these reviews get me down. But I know there is more to come.
I am leaning more towards the 1 series now even though I consider it to be ugly but it's good bang for the buck.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #8
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
I am leaning more towards the 1 series now even though I consider it to be ugly but it's good bang for the buck.
That car is sooo ugly. How would you be able to get in it every morning? I guess once you're in, you'd be fine...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #9
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Well we can all play the pick and choose which review to go with game.

That being said I havnt read anything worse than the new M lacks some tactile feel in the steering. And that the steering feels "light".

To me these are the same things they said about the E46 M when it came out.

From Autoexpress about the E46 M:
"...But we get the feeling BMW's M division could have gone one step further. In faster bends, there's a tad too much body roll, and a safe and secure nose-led stance which won't get you into trouble. The steering could also be slightly sharper and do with more feel, while the chassis would benefit from being set up to be even tauter and more agile to combat the inertia of this 1,570 kg machine. These are all 'ifs' and 'buts', though. BMW has sought to build the ultimate all-around super coupe, and to that extent it has succeeded, as the M3 is an eminently usable everyday car despite it's fantastic performance potential. What seems to be needed is some sort of stripped-out 'RS' or 'Club Sport' pack, like Porsche offers, with less toys, less weight and more focus to tighten everything up for serious enthusiasts who may like to take their pride and joy to the odd track day or two. ..."

All this being said do we actually have any real evidence for any of the claims being made. All the reviews so far have been worthless "first drives" with no hard peformance numbers. People here knock handling but yet we have no skidpad or Slalom data. Nor do we have any head to head comparo's. So there is no evidence either way except for the fact that some reviewers like the steering and some dont. Hell I loved the movie Transformers but I am sure plenty of people didnt like it. Either way I wouldnt say the reviews on the new M are much different from the E46 M as evidenced above. So, in the end I just dont get what everyone is crying about.

I think the "ring" time is the most telling, but, apparently the sub 8:10 "ring" time ,which is much faster than the E46 M, isnt good enough for this tough crowd. To me, thats mission accomplished.

Finally, I do not believe that it is outside the realm of possibility that the reason we are getting such varying reports on steering is because it is being evaluated in various mode settings. In fact I would be surprised if the steering was evaluated the exact same way by each reviewer. Keep in mind that in many cases the M3 was driven right from the mountain road to the track to show how dynamic the new car is. This, in my opinion and steves from EVO, accounts for why some drivers had brake fade on the track.

Jason
      07-17-2007, 10:50 PM   #10
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravello View Post
I can rest easy at night b/c in my mind a Porsche will always be a dentist's car, a Benz will always be a rich guy's wife's car and an Audi will always be -- how shall I say -- a car for swarthy unibrow people who spit when they speak and wear a lot of cologne and live in Glendale, CA -- if you know what I mean.

A BMW is never out of style, and that's why I like them. So even if it isn't the fastest, I just know deep down in my bones that I like it and that people 25 years down the road will like it too while the Benz's and Audis are long forgotten. Benz used to be, like BMW, a car with a lot of style, but they went too "mass market" and now most look like $hit. Some Audis look okay too, but an Audi is an Audi. Porsches are beautiful, but expensive and the people who drive them are Yoda-like bald fellas. At least in L.A. Ha ha ha!!!
Dude, I've never seen anybody in Glendale like that driving an Audi- usually the swarthy unibrows you speak of are driving Benz's or Bimmers.......
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #11
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:

And I was HAPPY about it!

Dipping the spoon in, the taste was beautiful….

You see, I have been ranting about the disappointing M3 reviews and I believe, I even referred to it as a piece of sh*t….. I did leave “wiggle” room by saying numerous times, I hoped I would be proven wrong, and that I hoped that I would ending up eating sh*t later on when more judicious tests were run.

Enough tests have been run, and in the mean time I have been studying the Audi and C63 hard…. The tests have made me into a raving imbecile. Meaning, I was wrong!

Sorry, I was fu**ing WRONG! God bless my tortured soul!! Forgive me people… I have seen the light. I’m back in the M3 saddle. I like the sedan pic at http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51646

And that’s for ME! (the coupe’ is too boy racer for me… just too “age 29” for my tastes) The M3 is respected on the street. Here in Newport Coast, the C Class gets you the “oh my, my, my… you couldn’t afford an E Class?” look.
The M3… is an M3. It’s on its own. And the bottom line? NO MAINTENANCE costs and it looks 20,000 times better then the MBZ.

I don’t give a rats sh*t about an Audi being .000000000000002 quicker or the C63 for that matter.

1. THAT would be all in the race
2. THAT would be subjective to that test, on THAT track, at THAT ambient
temp
3. And in the real world, it would be the driver.
Sigh. Me sorry. Never say no-thing about de’ M3 bad o-gain….
Newhouse, what color 335i you got?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 10:57 PM   #12
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:

i just want to make sure you understand the sedan in that pic is a photochop and that the real sedan won't look like that. alpine, the guy who photochopped it, took a lot of liberties with it.

anyway, enjoy your bowl of shit.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 11:02 PM   #13
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
That car is sooo ugly. How would you be able to get in it every morning? I guess once you're in, you'd be fine...
Dude stop reminding me of it.

Plus:
Lighter, same engine as a 335i, M sports suspension and it has new 6 piston brakes on front wheels. It has nicer interior, in my opinion, and estimated to be 20k cheaper then the M. (I am planning to buy a house soon. )

Minus:
Ugly and no LSD. Oh yea did I mention UGLY?

I will make an decision when the official US pricing is out. I would love to own a M3 but I think it's wiser for a 20 years old to buy a place first than a fine car. 135i or 335i will do for now.

Last edited by Robert; 07-17-2007 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 12:32 AM   #14
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Crappy evening shot
Titanium

De-Badged
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 12:39 AM   #15
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravello View Post
.......an Audi will always be -- how shall I say -- a car for swarthy unibrow people who spit when they speak and wear a lot of cologne and live in Glendale, CA -- if you know what I mean.
Heeee, heeeee! In my portion of the woods, Audi drivers are very, very tall, pasty white guys with thin, pencil necks.

What's the old Freddie Blassie song?

Back when I was a kid, life was going swell.
Till something happened, blew everything to hell.
That night my daddy stumbled in.... all pale and weak.....
Said "A woman up the block just gave birth to a geek."

Mom said, "Sell it to the circus, what the heck."
Dad said, "Nope, this one's a pencil neck.
And if there's one thing lower than a side show freak,
It's a grit-eatin', scum-suckin', pencil-neck-geek."

You see, if you take a pencil that won't hold lead,
Looks like a pipe cleaner attached to a head,
Add a buggy whip body, with a brain that leaks,
You got yourself a grit eatin', pencil neck geek!

(chorus)
Pencil neck geek, grit eatin' freak,
scum suckin', pea head with a lousy physique.
He's a one man, no gut, loosing streak.
Nothin' but a pencil neck geek.

Soon the geeks were poppin' up all over town.
You couldn't hardly sneeze without knockin' one down.
After a nice juicy steak, if you need a toothpick,
Just reach for a geek, they'll do the trick.

One day we cut one up for fish bait.
Learned our lesson just a little bit late.
Soon as the geek hit the drink, the water turned red.
Next day, sure enough, all the fish were dead.

chorus

Most any night you know where I can be found.
Yeah, stomping some geek's head into the ground.
So keep the faith 'cause in Blassie you can trust,
I won't give up 'til the last geek bites the dust.

chorus

They say, "these geeks come a dime a dozen."
I'm lookin' for the guy who's supplin' the dimes.
Its gonna be real hard times for all of these
grit eatin',
scum suckin',
boot lickin',
drop kickin',
gut grindin',
nail bitin',
glue sniffin',
scab pickin',
butt scratchin',
egg hatchin',
sleezy,
smelly,
pepper bellied,
dirty, lousy, rotten, stinkin', freaks.
Nothing but a pencil neck geek.

Pencil neck geek.
Pencil neck geek.
Pencil neck geek.

Link to song: Disc 1 Number 8 http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Rhino-Va.../dp/B0000033CL

Last edited by NewhouseEnt; 07-18-2007 at 12:44 AM.. Reason: Fun
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 07:17 AM   #16
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
BLACK W/ GOLD RIMZ .. !!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 08:01 AM   #17
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
Dude stop reminding me of it.

Plus:
Lighter, same engine as a 335i, M sports suspension and it has new 6 piston brakes on front wheels. It has nicer interior, in my opinion, and estimated to be 20k cheaper then the M. (I am planning to buy a house soon. )

Minus:
Ugly and no LSD. Oh yea did I mention UGLY?

I will make an decision when the official US pricing is out. I would love to own a M3 but I think it's wiser for a 20 years old to buy a place first than a fine car. 135i or 335i will do for now.
Go with the 335i, or you will run the risk of being photographed in front of the 135i by a family member, and later on explain to your grandkids why you owned such a dorky looking car in your youth! (Your grandkids will not know anything about M suspension so they won't understand.)
Appreciate 0