BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

01-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
socc11girl
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Car Pull to the Right

I have a new 2013 M3 that has been pulling to the right, and I wanted to reach out to the group for assistance on troubleshooting.

- It started occuring about a month ago when we swapped the 18" wheels/tires for 19".
- It occurs regardless of the speed/road type. The steering wheel does not shake.
- The work was done at a very reputable Discount Tire in the area, and since then the car has been back in multiple times to balance and swap out the front tires, and the issue was still occurring. I was told it was not an alignment problem.
- It was suggested from a friend that I take it to another tire store for the road force balancer. When I explained the history to the manager, he advised the road force balance test wouldn't help in solving the probem, so he didn't think it was worth it forme to pay $100.
- He did check the tire pressure and the front right was a little low, but that may have just been a coincidence because the pressure was fine when I had previously taken it into Discount Tire.

Any suggestions on how else to troubleshoot? Should I still have the road force balance test ran, or perhaps get an alignment check? I tried searching other posts but wasn't able to find anything specific to this scenario.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

In my experience if you swap the left tires to the right side and it still pulls it is out of alignment.
Get them to check the tires on a standard balancer, if the tire was brand new and or cold due to winter time road force is usually not recommended.
      01-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Sounds like you answered your own question. If the issue occurred with the new wheels, then start with putting the stock wheels back on and go from there.
Appreciate 0