BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

06-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Unhappy Why can't we just get along and support eachother?

I've just realised I've posted this in the wrong forum. Moderators, please move to General Forums

Obviously, a somewhat redundant question of which I know I will get flamed, hated....etc etc

But sometimes it just makes me wonder, I mean it really hit home for myself after reading another member's thread and getting pretty excited that another was attempting a similar endeavour as myself but actually had the technical skill to DIY most of it. I was applauding his efforts but was rather put off when I saw another post from a member referring to me as a "retard"

Its disappointing and by no means a reflection of the better majority of members on this board, but I'd really hate for it to put off other newer members from posting about their rides no matter how great or little.

I think sometimes people lose sight of what this community really is about.

Its fantastic that gatherings such as bimmerfest can bring like minded individuals together who share a passion for this brand and are not afraid to do and try new things.

Each and every owner has the right to be proud of their car and they do not deserve to be put down or mocked.

Of course, we're all entitled to an opinion but it'd be better to think of a positive way to type it before fingers to keyboard.

Anyways, I'm sure most wont really bother to read all of what I just typed but its one member's thoughts.
      06-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
swinster
Reppin Freakmont in the Bay
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 335 sedan

Garage List
2007 335i Sedan  [0.00]
I support you man.....don't let the haters get to you.

Instead of this

Go with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by saferisk View Post
Obviously, a somewhat redundant question of which I know I will get flamed, hated....etc etc

But sometimes it just makes me wonder, I mean it really hit home for myself after reading another member's thread and getting pretty excited that another was attempting a similar endeavour as myself but actually had the technical skill to DIY most of it. I was applauding his efforts but was rather put off when I saw another post from a member referring to me as a "retard"

Its disappointing and by no means a reflection of the better majority of members on this board, but I'd really hate for it to put off other newer members from posting about their rides no matter how great or little.

Its fantastic that gatherings such as bimmerfest can bring like minded individuals together who share a passion for this brand and are not afraid to do and try new things.

Each and every owner has the right to be proud of their car and they do not deserve to be put down or mocked.

Of course, we're all entitled to an opinion but it'd be better to think of a positive way to type it before fingers to keyboard.

Anyways, I'm sure most wont really bother to read all of what I just typed but its one member's thoughts.
2007 335i TiAG Sedan, Premium PKG, Sport PKG, shifters, 24/7 surveillance, steptronic, K&N drop in filter, 50-35-30 tint, matte black kidney grilles, blacked out amber fronts, debadged, cyba black scoops, cyba black chrome tips, looking for new rims.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Saferisk, your name is an oxymoron

But I do applaud you for this (wrong forum, but this way most people can see it). I read all of your post and also saw what the other person said in the DIY thread. It is quite discouraging to see what some people say to one another on here; we are all here for one reason or another, but I can safely assume that it involves BMW. Fanboyism, flaming, and car manufacture-bashing are just a few of the things I see every day. I always try and remain as neutral and view as many sides as possible before I post anything; anyone who knows me and has seen what I write can confirm this. I love the camaraderie amongst the CA guys, the FL guys.. I don't know too many people in my area in MD but am looking forward to meeting lots of others, hopefully even from this board. E90post is a landfill of knowledge and awesome cars and cool owners who are willing to share their secrets and tidbits with one another. It is always upsetting to see those disregard others. Just my $0.02, but OP has a point.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Well, what can I say. Some people on this website are morons. I am a member of VWVORTEX, and people on that website support each other with info, DIY, etc, etc... i used to own a BMW and I will again not because of its status, but rather for its racing heritage, and its performance. I tend to ignore the little kids, and those with Greek philosophy.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

this forum was in its prime years around 2006-2008 after that its gone down hill IMO.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
Duhst
That Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW e90

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Completely agree with everything you said. Its sad to look at some of these post that the 'newer' members make and they just ragged on about stupid little these. I understand the whole 'search' smiley and it really is their own fault that they dont try things before they ask but do 10 other member have to drag him/her down about search!? i dunno its something ill never understand i guess.. if i could, i would help everyone with anything if thats what THEY wanted to do to THEIR own car! but its almost a waste of breath to even say anything because some people will keep do the same shit they always do.

FUGG IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saferisk View Post
I've just realised I've posted this in the wrong forum. Moderators, please move to General Forums

06-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
+1
I blame it on the twin-turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
this forum was in its prime years around 2006-2008 after that its gone down hill IMO.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
Zero.7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340i AW M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhst View Post
Completely agree with everything you said. Its sad to look at some of these post that the 'newer' members make and they just ragged on about stupid little these. I understand the whole 'search' smiley and it really is their own fault that they dont try things before they ask but do 10 other member have to drag him/her down about search!? i dunno its something ill never understand i guess.. if i could, i would help everyone with anything if thats what THEY wanted to do to THEIR own car! but its almost a waste of breath to even say anything because some people will keep do the same shit they always do.

FUGG IT!!
+1. Almost every question that can be asked about our cars has probably already been asked at least once....probably several times. We all have probably at one time asked a question that has already been discussed before. So, I wished people would chill out a bit when a new member (or existing member) asks a question that is new to him, but not to you. Answer the question IF you want, if not , move the heck on....

'16 f30 AW 340i M-sport
8-speed Auto
BMW ///M Performance Power and Sound Kit with Carbon Tips / Gloss Black Performance grilles
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #9
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
+1
I blame it on the twin-turbos

There were TT cars in 2008. I blame it on the declining prices of e9xs....more and more kiddies.
      06-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
There were TT cars in 2008. I blame it on the declining prices of e9xs....more and more kiddies.
what decline?

TT = more kiddies

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #11
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

I just took a stroll and looked at the post you were regarding to. It was also my first time at e90 post and that forum is a joke. Everybody is flaming everybody and putting each other down. Perhaps it's all the children over there, but irregardless it's just sad.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #12
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Dude, I hate to say this, and please understand I'm in no way backing the assholes on here, but if you're that sensitive about anonymous posters on an internet forum, you should probably stay off of them. Either that, or grow some thick skin. These forums give people, especially over self-entitled spoiled punk kids, a chance to anonymously take shots at whomever they please. It's sort of a validation of self, and they don't have to worry about the school bully beating them up, or the guy from the office who actually goes to the gym beating them up, or their parents screaming at them.... It could be anything, but internet forums have turned into a very common way for people to "displace humiliation".

Most of these people would be afraid to say this shit if you were face-to-face with them, because they know there would be consequences. But, in this environment, you get a few points and warnings, and maybe a temp ban, that's it.... And while you're temp banned, you can go start shit at your other favorite forum because of course these people have no lives....

Cliff notes: It sucks dude, but welcome to the internetz and especially the online BMW community.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #13
OlivaresAnthony
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4

Garage List
stop being a whiny little bitch...
E90 325i|Sparkling Graphite Metallic|Steptronic|Black Leatherette/Dark Burl Interior|OEM Alarm|35%Front/5%Rear Tint|RD LED License Plate Lights|Rear Fogs Activated|Debadged|Smoked Sidemarkers|Blacklines|Depo P90v2|Matte Black Grille|BMS PBX|AFE Drop In|Charcoal Filter Delete|Air Scoops| RM Silicone Intake Hose| Magnaflow 14815| 19" Avant Garde M310|Continental DWS|M3 Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #14
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

i've noticed that most of the 'bad' users on this forum joined in the recent year or two (09-10 join dates) and/or they're younger. of course there are exceptions. learn to ignore them, or if you really want to, you can block individuals posts
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #15
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXXIX View Post
what decline?

TT = more kiddies
this is so true. ever since the 335 became 'big' i've noticed a lot more 'kid' members
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #16
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXXIX View Post
what decline?

TT = more kiddies

I meant that early E9xs are becoming more and more affordable and thus accessible to more kids. I'll agree that TT = more kiddies...and boy racer tuner types.
      06-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #17
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
I meant that early E9xs are becoming more and more affordable and thus accessible to more kids. I'll agree that TT = more kiddies...and boy racer tuner types.
Yup, decline in cost of membership, along with the turbo tuner crowd, has had a pretty negative effect on here recently.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #18
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
this is so true. ever since the 335 became 'big' i've noticed a lot more 'kid' members
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #19
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep
Drives: Imola Red F80 M3

Same thing happened on e46 forums. And its started on e90's recently. You'll always have to deal with it though some people are just jerks.
      06-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #20
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

They are losers with no social skills. forget it and post it the right forum
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #21
my92
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yup, decline in cost of membership, along with the turbo tuner crowd, has had a pretty negative effect on here recently.
the increase of membership along with more sparked interest from the turbo tuner crowd fuels R&D for more performance upgrades and increased power projects along with the growing market that makes it an attractive venture for manufacturers.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #22
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Just put all the assholes in a room and gas them.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0