BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

08-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #1
AP328i
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i 6spd

Test Drive: 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport

Pretty nice car! handles just like a 328i with sport package! you peeps should drive it to see what you think of it. Keys European on Van Nuys has one available for test drives
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
Scorviss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: OG M2, G80 on order

Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach has a C300 as well, I have to say as compared to the old C230 it was very much improved, and looks a lot better in person than it does in photos..
That said though, I would never take it over my car, it just doesn't feel as special.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP328i View Post
Pretty nice car! handles just like a 328i with sport package! you peeps should drive it to see what you think of it. Keys European on Van Nuys has one available for test drives
how do you find the power compared to the 328i?? What about the sound? The build quality? Did you drive a manual or automatic? If manual, how was the gear box this time 'round?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #4
tctic
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorviss View Post
Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach has a C300 as well, I have to say as compared to the old C230 it was very much improved, and looks a lot better in person than it does in photos..
That said though, I would never take it over my car, it just doesn't feel as special.
+1. Saw one a few weeks ago on the road. Looks a lot better than photos. But the rear is still very awkward looking.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #5
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep
Drives: E90 to A5

Small S-class For The Win!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 01:09 AM   #6
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Just test drove a C300 Sport today myself actually.

The car was a dark silver (Palladium Silver according to the brochure I recieved after the drive) with grey leather and dark grey wood (Black Birdseye Maple). From the outside, it looks great. In fact, I find it to be the best looking sedan in its class. There are a few too many lines going on, but the sharp creases give it a very modern look and the way the light reflects off of it really makes it stand out. My one major beef with the external design is the nose when it's viewed from the side...it's a stub; looks like someone punched it in.

The interior was equally impressive. I've been given a chance to really compare it with the outgoing C class. To sum it up: A huge improvement in every way. The leather is comfortable and feels good to touch, especially the steering wheel's. The COMAND screen folds away with the push of a button (I really didn't bother with it that much tbh), and that alone makes it so much easier to focus on the road. The steering wheel is a little on the large side for me, but it's not that big of a deal. The seats are very comfortable and adequately supportive.

The ride itself is an improvement over the previous C, both in comfort and in stability. The steering is a little light, but on-center feel and overall feedback is a definite leap over the current C.

Power was a little on the small side unfortunately, but it was very linear.

All-in-all I'd rate it 8/10 in its class. Not bad at all.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 10:10 AM   #7
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Just test drove a C300 Sport today myself actually.

The car was a dark silver (Palladium Silver according to the brochure I recieved after the drive) with grey leather and dark grey wood (Black Birdseye Maple). From the outside, it looks great. In fact, I find it to be the best looking sedan in its class. There are a few too many lines going on, but the sharp creases give it a very modern look and the way the light reflects off of it really makes it stand out. My one major beef with the external design is the nose when it's viewed from the side...it's a stub; looks like someone punched it in.

The interior was equally impressive. I've been given a chance to really compare it with the outgoing C class. To sum it up: A huge improvement in every way. The leather is comfortable and feels good to touch, especially the steering wheel's. The COMAND screen folds away with the push of a button (I really didn't bother with it that much tbh), and that alone makes it so much easier to focus on the road. The steering wheel is a little on the large side for me, but it's not that big of a deal. The seats are very comfortable and adequately supportive.

The ride itself is an improvement over the previous C, both in comfort and in stability. The steering is a little light, but on-center feel and overall feedback is a definite leap over the current C.

Power was a little on the small side unfortunately, but it was very linear.

All-in-all I'd rate it 8/10 in its class. Not bad at all.
interesting review! I guess anyone with the mighty 335i will find the power of this model "a little on the small side" hahaha!

nice right up!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #8
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

lol thx^
Appreciate 0