BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

10-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #45
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk227 View Post
all those people that walked up need to go to he'll. Period.
Are you typing on an iphone? The autocorrect always changes hell to he'll.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #46
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

I agree that there is the same type of disgusting behaviour all around the world.(i.e. Kitty Genovese and the homeless hero). But I have always been relatively disgusted with the way people act in those part of China. I used to visit HK/China every year(family over there), I would never leave my place after 10.

As for the whole, "I don't want to get sued argument"... Well, then don't fucking touch her, call the god damn police. How someone can completely turn a blind-eye to a little girl in distress is beyond me.

Quote:
‘”If she is dead, I may pay only about 20,000 yuan ($3,125). But if she is injured, it may cost me hundreds of thousands yuan,” said the driver over the phone to the media, before he gave himself up to the police.’
This is unbelievable.. a lot of it has to do with how the country is run, I suppose.
      10-17-2011, 11:33 PM   #47
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
I agree that there is the same type of disgusting behaviour all around the world.(i.e. Kitty Genovese and the homeless hero). But I have always been relatively disgusted with the way people act in those part of China. I used to visit HK/China every year(family over there), I would never leave my place after 10.

As for the whole, "I don't want to get sued argument"... Well, then don't fucking touch her, call the god damn police. How someone can completely turn a blind-eye to a little girl in distress is beyond me.

This is unbelievable.. a lot of it has to do with how the country is run, I suppose.
What if they already called the police? It takes the police like 20-30 minutes to come.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #48
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

In Vietnam, if you ran someone over and kill them, you just simply pay a fine of 1.9 million dong...that's equivalent to 100 U.S dollars...if you run over them, and they live, you have to take care of them for the rest of their life...i've heard cases where this guy ran over a person, and he backed up and ran over them again to make sure they're dead..

it's a fucked up world we live in, RIP little girl, if you ask me, she has it better than us...i rather be dead than witness human failure of compassion...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 12:40 AM   #49
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
What if they already called the police? It takes the police like 20-30 minutes to come.
How can you be sure? It certainly should not take the police 20-30 minutes to come in a life/death situation. Even if the POLICE does, ambulance and other authorities should not. Further, if you believe someone else may have called, how can you be sure? Takes a minute if your life at most; guess some people's time cost more than someone's life.

And let's just hypothetically say the police does take 20-30 minutes to come. There are definitely people around, ask for others to help, ask them to serve as a witness. There are plenty of things one can do, if they choose to help. The case here is obvious and simple, people are selfish.
      10-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #50
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

This made the front page of the Globe and Mail today - absolutely mind blowing. Poor Girl
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #51
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

+1, I am surprised only one forum member pointed this out. when I told my wife about this, she believed there is a more hideous motive behind this tragic incident.

since China has a one-child policy (for the average people), and the culture likes boys more than girls, my wife believes the parents let the little girl wander around and run into an "accident" by herself.

what mother/father would not look for her/his child immediately after they are lost? why did they come only after someone had asked for help? if the good-lady did not bother to ask for help, does that mean they will let their child lay on the road?

China is a very "sick" country now. Despite their economic "miracle", the country will implode under its low moral and ethical standards. If you know China's history, you know this won't be the first time it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
First, that's some horrible parenting. Who leaves a two year old to wander around the streets for a significant amount of time? And second, I hope every person that passed that child and did not help her, rots in hell.
      10-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #52
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
I can't believe there are actually people like this in the world. I hate the human race.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #53
thetedderbear
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fiesta ST

I swear to god, someone needs to hunt down all those fuckers and run them over. Let them bleed to death on the street.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #54
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Now on Yahoo.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/outrage-ble...062238639.html

Generally speaking many of the Chinese are quite cold and careless. Many are also very selfish and care nothing more then for themselves. Whether it be in Taiwan or China,whether one be walking,on a bicycle,scooter, motorcycle, bus,taxi,car or you name it the driver or person walking by will literally see you pull out in front of you. It sort of like "I see you coming and what are you going to do Asshole? Hit me??" People here are just not very sensitive or compassionate towards others.

I really feel sorry for that little girl I go to China often and know how the locals drive and walk. Taiwan is not much better either when it comes to carelessness. I travel often and from my traveling experiences and living experiences here in Asia I do know that not all people were created equally by God. Common sense does not exit in every culture and race of people out there.

This is not true for everyone out there as there are many normal people out there but a good 50% if not more fit into this category.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #55
gerihilton1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Wonderful running car

This is so sad, I can’t believe that a whole bunch of people can ignore a crying baby; I guess that Chinese have too many kids so they really don’t care. This so wrong on the part of the people, they should be treated for their behavior.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #56
sanf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535XI

i blame the mom ---> driver ---> all the ppl who saw and didnt do shyt
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #57
jpsum
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 TSX

i blame Obama.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #58
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
I travel often and from my traveling experiences and living experiences here in Asia I do know that not all people were created equally by God. Common sense does not exit in every culture and race of people out there.

This is not true for everyone out there as there are many normal people out there but a good 50% if not more fit into this category.
You have really good sources.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 01:35 AM   #59
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsims View Post
People have family members they have to feed too. Their concept of "suing" isn't your concept of going to court. They'll bring all their relatives and demand money. There is no court/law involvement. More ppl = they win.

Would you save their kid but also give them all your money while watching them screwing you over?

Perhaps you could, because you live in a different environment where supporting yourself (financially) is easier. When you're competing with 1000 more for a spot to a good university, your concepts may change.

Remember, it's only valuable if it's rare.
+1

way of life over there is extremely different. while here if you're sued and you don't have the resources to pay, there are a variety of options...declare banktruptcy, installments, etc. getting sued here is just a court and law process. 99% of the time at the end of the day you'll most likely go on living your life the way you used to, with some inconveniences. in places like developing towns and cities in china, where things aren't so orderly, proper, managed, getting sued means literally losing everything not just for yourself but for your family. you might as well be dead yourself. you have no protection, not much rights, the govt will take everything away from you. especially considering when a good wage is $200 usd per month and 99% of the country live in some form of poverty, who's ass are you going to cover at the end of the day?

not saying it's justified, but it's a different world there. and as SimSims stated, almost all civilizations goes through periods of injustice and chaos. china is still there. so while here it's obvious someone's life is worth more than money, in china, and in a lot of 3rd world countries, a life is just a life. one less isn't going to matter for them. at the end of the day who would you rather save? obviously it's horrible what happened, but things aren't so clear and stable there. it's not so obvious to the society there to just call the police, or go out of their way to help someone when they've grown up in an environment which promotes every man for himself.

after my first visit to china, and also to HK where I saw so many of the mainlanders there, with all of them rude, loud, inconsiderate, i returned to the US bashing and hating them. while i'm still not a fan of them, i've come to understand that they grew up in a very different world compared to the rest of us. so while a lot of the things they do are wrong, inhumane, uncivilized, i've also realized that they're still developing as a society, and as much as it doesn't jive with the rest of the world, you sometimes have to just accept that it will take time for them to catch up to the developed nations. at the same time, we aren't perfect either. we still don't give full rights to homosexuals, with much of the population considering them to be inferior and not worthy of living. you still hear of hate crimes in the good 'ol USA, where gays are murdered just because of who they want to marry/be with. so these kinds of behavior are everywhere, just more so in those societies where it's still developing.

it's tough to just "treat" them for their behaviour, as gerihilton suggested. how can you change the way they think when they've lived through generations in that kind of lawless state. it would take several generations for them to full embrace and change their ideals. at the same time, not all of china is like that. it's just the smaller your town is and further away from major cities, the more uncivilized it is. i'm also not so sure about the mother/parents purposely letting their daughter run around. i watched several videos showing the parents and you can tell they are genuinely heartbroken by the incident.

at least one can be comforted by the huge uproar in china over this that not everyone is so inhumane, and that they are developing as a nation. it'll just take time. obviously the people who ignored her all deserve to go to hell, or some equivalent form. but for those people, they won't understand the injustice they committed at all. as for the drivers, i'm sure they'll receive their punishment, i'm guessing some form of capital punishment. heck, the execs and managers who ran the baby formula company with poison in them were all executed within the year. the chinese government are pretty swift with punishments.

RIP little girl, perhaps it was already stated earlier, but it's been confirmed that she passed away.
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 02:29 AM   #60
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiyahPK View Post
You have really good sources.
That should be were not created equally.
I speak from the experience I have had living out here coming from the west. Locals or those who are natives will view things differently though.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 04:07 AM   #61
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkhan View Post
so while a lot of the things they do are wrong, inhumane, uncivilized, i've also realized that they're still developing as a society, and as much as it doesn't jive with the rest of the world, you sometimes have to just accept that it will take time for them to catch up to the developed nations.
developed nations being white/western/Christianity? and anything that is nonwhite/nonwestern/non-Christianity are uncivilized/undeveloped and are on their way?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #62
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiyahPK View Post
developed nations being white/western/Christianity? and anything that is nonwhite/nonwestern/non-Christianity are uncivilized/undeveloped and are on their way?
correct me if I'm wrong but i never got race or religion involved in anything i said. can you point out where I discriminated against any non-white/non-christian societies AiyahPK?
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints

Last edited by nightkhan; 10-21-2011 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #63
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
+1, I am surprised only one forum member pointed this out. when I told my wife about this, she believed there is a more hideous motive behind this tragic incident.

since China has a one-child policy (for the average people), and the culture likes boys more than girls, my wife believes the parents let the little girl wander around and run into an "accident" by herself.

what mother/father would not look for her/his child immediately after they are lost? why did they come only after someone had asked for help? if the good-lady did not bother to ask for help, does that mean they will let their child lay on the road?

China is a very "sick" country now. Despite their economic "miracle", the country will implode under its low moral and ethical standards. If you know China's history, you know this won't be the first time it happens.
complete bullshit.

There's more females in china currently, than males. Get your stats correct.
      10-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #64
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
In Vietnam, if you ran someone over and kill them, you just simply pay a fine of 1.9 million dong...that's equivalent to 100 U.S dollars...if you run over them, and they live, you have to take care of them for the rest of their life...i've heard cases where this guy ran over a person, and he backed up and ran over them again to make sure they're dead..
+1

That applies to anywhere in the world.
      10-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #65
HungHingHK
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

I like how this thread has turned from fuck a few people into a fuck the whole mother fucking mainland China thread lol. Lots of class fellas
      10-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #66
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

The toddler, Yue Yue, died. RIP

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Lates...ebate-lives-on
Appreciate 0