BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

04-13-2015, 10:30 PM   #23
buffstocover
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffstocover View Post
Makes sense. I've got the Dinan intake and exhaust (installed by previous owner) and admittedly, I like them where I didn't think I would. Your car is sick. It's funny that you've done so much except the black grills, which I think are what lots of guys do first thing!
The anthracite wheels were a big step and I'm not 100% certain I'll keep them on for normal use. I generally really, really don't like aftermarket cosmetic modifications, I think they end up looking tacky.

Back in the day we used to make fun of the Discount Auto Parts "modders" who had every little glue on cheap piece of crap on their car to "mod" it. That stuck with me, so I tend to hate mods that drastically alter the exterior appearance of the car. The OEM splitters, Dinan exhaust, and wheels that are not far off from OEM BMW styling was pushing it for me. I even had a tough decision with the suspension and lowering the car. But I'm glad I did.

So, very unlikely I'll do a black grill. Yeah.
I have exactly the same attitude toward cosmetic modifications. Typically, stock option wheels look the best to me, not only on the M, but other models too, like yeh 535i, or the 335i. Yet, for some reason, I think your wheels are an exception. They look great!
      04-13-2015, 10:52 PM   #24
Violet_M3
Rep
Drives: 2018MT Daytona Violet

04-14-2015, 06:28 AM   #25
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffstocover View Post
I have exactly the same attitude toward cosmetic modifications. Typically, stock option wheels look the best to me, not only on the M, but other models too, like yeh 535i, or the 335i. Yet, for some reason, I think your wheels are an exception. They look great!
Thanks! These wheels are not far off in style from the competition package OEM wheels. Which is why the design flows with the car well.

The main reason I'm considering keeping these wheels instead of my OEM wheels is that the factory wheels are nearly impossible to clean. It's an obnoxious design when it comes to cleaning. I am also considering just picking up a second set of these in silver. We'll see.
Active Autowerke Gen 2 Level 2 SC / StopTech ST60/40 BBK
Appreciate 0