BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

12-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #23
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 SINGAPORE GREY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
iksenna, are you taking action via BMW Canada? Please keep us updated!

Nothing I can do now but wait and see what shows up next week.
I am going to speak to the dealership and BMW Canada if need be and ask them to retrofit the seats as I got every package/option with my car so i was pretty shocked to find manual seats. Hope you guys fare better.
      12-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #24
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: IB BB E90 M3

Not that it helps you guys much, but I'd have been happy to have had tho option of saving a couple of grand and not having power seats. Manual seats adjust faster, and are lighter. I'd trade, but I'm sure you dont want a set of Bamboo beige seats with a year of my assprint on it.

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #25
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOCHOSTO View Post
Not that it helps you guys much, but I'd have been happy to have had tho option of saving a couple of grand and not having power seats. Manual seats adjust faster, and are lighter. I'd trade, but I'm sure you dont want a set of Bamboo beige seats with a year of my assprint on it.
I take your point, however I didnt save a few grand and wasn't given the option too.
      12-31-2010, 08:51 PM   #26
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Important update! Picked up my November build E90 today... And it has fully motorized power seats! I have somehow avoided the manual seat problem. Pure luck, likely. My CA said that they had received a couple E92s recently with manual seats. He also said that BMW Canada should definitlely cough up the extra cash to change them out for the power seats.

Sounds like iksenna, you have a case.

The manual seats are still not in their configuration options.

Pics of my car to come in a separate thread!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 09:00 PM   #27
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

Quote:
Important update! Picked up my November build E90 today... And it has fully motorized power seats! I have somehow avoided the manual seat problem. Pure luck, likely. My CA said that they had received a couple E92s recently with manual seats. He also said that BMW Canada should definitlely cough up the extra cash to change them out for the power seats.

Good news Chowster! Looking forward to the pictures and updates on iksenna's case.

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox | '17 BMW i3 BEV Protonic - Dalbergia
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #28
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Congratulations, you will love the car. Its a whole new car after the 2k break-in enables you to flip the M button. Went to the dealership explained my situation and they looked pretty embarrassed and said they would a) swap out the seats or b) replace the whole car. Either way suits me. I'm just glad they are not really debating the issue and instead are concentrating on resolving the issue. I saw an E92 in the showroom with power/memory seats.
      01-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #29
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
Good news Chowster! Looking forward to the pictures and updates on iksenna's case.
PS - Waiting for an update from the SA this week or worst case next.
      01-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #30
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iksenna View Post
Congratulations, you will love the car. Its a whole new car after the 2k break-in enables you to flip the M button. Went to the dealership explained my situation and they looked pretty embarrassed and said they would a) swap out the seats or b) replace the whole car. Either way suits me. I'm just glad they are not really debating the issue and instead are concentrating on resolving the issue. I saw an E92 in the showroom with power/memory seats.
Holy jeeez... a whole new car? I would assume they'll just swap out the seats, which should be pretty much plug and play. Unless all the wiring and electronics are different too. Then they're screwed!

Congratulations on getting a very favourable response from your dealer. Saves you some serious headaches.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #31
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Well Ihope my new e92 that is being built in February gets the proper seats that I ordered which are powered.I am not 100% confident that I will actually receive what I ordered as there were a way more questions this time on what equipment is actually coming on Canadian cars with the Comp package.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #32
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Over the last month I've had dialogue with the Sales Mgr and the upshot is that other owners were affected so this is not an isolated case. Seems like the error was made at the factory so BMW Canada have come back several times with cash offers to settle. Regardless of the cash offer, if I take the cash I am stuck with manual seats which is going to be an issue when I decide to sell the car. I may eventually have to take further action if I still keep getting brushed off by BMW Canada. This is becoming a headache, I don't know why the seats are not replaced, after all thats what I paid for. This is the second issue I've had, I originally wanted ZCP with my sedan and was told this not possible on an '11 E90....(???????)

What these f*****g idiots don't realise is that the more this drags one the more I wont return to BMW.
      01-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #33
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
Now you have me worried! Canadian build should still be full power....

EDIT: I just wrote my CA to inquire. I'd be pissed if I received an $85k car with manual seats that wasn't a track specific GT3 etc...
manual seats
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 01:56 AM   #34
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Over the last month I've had dialogue with the Sales Mgr and the upshot is that other owners were affected so this is not an isolated case. Seems like the error was made at the factory so BMW Canada have come back several times with cash offers to settle. Regardless of the cash offer, if I take the cash I am stuck with manual seats which is going to be an issue when I decide to sell the car. I may eventually have to take further action if I still keep getting brushed off by BMW Canada. This is becoming a headache, I don't know why the seats are not replaced, after all thats what I paid for. This is the second issue I've had, I originally wanted ZCP with my sedan and was told this not possible on an '11 E90....(???????)

What these f*****g idiots don't realise is that the more this drags one the more I wont return to BMW.
Obviously not a great outcome thus far. Sorry to hear. If we may ask, how much was the offered settlement? And how much would a new set of seats cost to be swapped out? Obviously there's quite a discrepancy between the two numbers at this point in time.

I'm surprised your dealer hasn't stood up to BMW Canada to get you a new pair of seats. Not that it should matter, but are you a first time buyer at this dealer? I would hope that a dealer and even BMW Canada would realize their potential loss of a lifelong repeat customer and just fess up to their production error.

ZCP not being an option on your 2011 E90 should really be a dealer error. Unless you placed your order before the full ZCP details came out in Canada.

Yikes...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #35
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

They offered me a couple of grand and then upped it. I gave them (dealership) an ultimatum, 1) build me a new car with the options I have paid for or 2) I will drop off the car and they can refund my $$$s. I was not able to update the post sooner as I had expected this to be resolved by now and I could have given more details. But as yet, I am being made to wait....next step could be litigation.
      02-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #36
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
They offered me a couple of grand and then upped it. I gave them (dealership) an ultimatum, 1) build me a new car with the options I have paid for or 2) I will drop off the car and they can refund my $$$s. I was not able to update the post sooner as I had expected this to be resolved by now and I could have given more details. But as yet, I am being made to wait....next step could be litigation.
That's rough iksenna.
I can only wish you luck, and that BMW Canada get their head out of their ass and straighten this out for you. I hope you have been in direct contact with BMW Canada rather than through the dealer. You might have better luck pushing this up the hill quicker through that route.

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #37
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

I do require a small favour. The Stealership and even BMW Canada (thru their 1-800 number) are telling me the ZCP package (7MA) is 100% not available on an M3 Sedan. Could you please let me know the dealerships you got your ZCP packages from as I intend to fully challenge this as I am being led to believe I am fabricating this issue? In advance thanks.

BTW - the lawyers are involved.
      02-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #38
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I do require a small favour. The Stealership and even BMW Canada (thru their 1-800 number) are telling me the ZCP package (7MA) is 100% not available on an M3 Sedan. Could you please let me know the dealerships you got your ZCP packages from as I intend to fully challenge this as I am being led to believe I am fabricating this issue? In advance thanks.

My car hasn't arrived yet so I'll continue holding my breath. However Horsie recently received his 7MA E90

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476653

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #39
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My car hasn't arrived yet so I'll continue holding my breath. However Horsie recently received his 7MA E90

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476653
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Unfortunately I am getting nowhere on the power seats so I have to escalate.
      02-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #40
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep

Sorry I can't help. I didn't opt for ZCP on my E90. But I'm pretty certain it was a special order option at the time.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #41
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

UPDATE:

I'm going to summarize the issue and resolution below in the hope of helping fellow members who may come across the issues I had to face. Hopefully, you won’t have to take the steps I took but at least you will get some insight.

Dealing with the stealership and BMW Canada since the New Year, I had become pretty disappointed with how dismissive and bullying they became after telling me I had no choice but to accept their final cash offer and if I had any problems I had to continue dialogue with 1-800 BMW Canada. This was a curious re-interpretation of the consumer law and a page right out of the ‘Elementary Bullying for Sales-Managers’ manual. I did remind the stealership that my family had bought several cars from them, and indeed my own. This made me no difference. I then got a rude and arrogant email from the sales manager outlining their full and final offer so I knew I had to get a lawyer involved. From my position, I realized that I had to go way beyond the petty stealership and I assume the limp-dick BMW Regional Manager who had got involved. It looks like they were collectively trying to suppress the issue in the hope I didn’t possess sufficient enough balls to escalate the issue.

I did some digging around and took my time in selecting a good litigation lawyer. In our first meeting after reviewing the information the lawyer told me in no uncertain terms “….I cannot believe how BMW f*****d up so badly on your car..”. He told me it was a relatively easy case and a simple one and BMW would cave because they would eventually lose as it was a breach of contract and they would end up paying my costs and their own + building me a new car. He composed a brilliant letter, not overly aggressive but very tough and clear in its purpose and knowledge of the law and what I was entitled to. Both BMW Canada and the stealership were served and were given a 2 week deadline to either build me a new car to spec or rescind my contract. Within a week both parties got back to my lawyer and told him they were going to work on the issue. The deadline eventually passed and a week’s extension was asked for and provided.

I have now received final confirmation from BMW Canada that I will be receiving a brand new car. They will contact me when its ready and have told me to continue driving my current car. I’ve asked them to additionally include a clear-bra and my legal costs, both of which I am likely to receive. I’ve managed to navigate my way round some of the early bullying tactics that were reflexively employed by the stealership and BMW Canada. But, I must admit I have found it enormously satisfying to resolve the issue on my terms and conditions. This hasn’t been easy and its definitely been a head-ache I could have done without, but after contacting several lawyers and consumer forums I realized that as a car-owner the law is not on your side. There are countless horror stories ranging from Hyundai and even Porsche. The one from Porsche is particularly nasty…

BTW, the stealership I had the misfortune to buy my car from is in Toronto @ Leslie/Eglington and rhymes with Markview. They just lost a whole load of business from my family, my brother was looking at the new M5…
      03-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #42
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Congratulations iksenna!!!

Fantastic outcome!

Enjoy those first 2000km all over again, only this time without the angst.

James

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #43
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:

7MA (ZCP) is definitely available on the M3 Sedan since I have one sitting in my driveway. The thing about ZCP in Canada is that is is not a listed option on an M3 options list. Your dealer just has to contact BMW distribution and request it as a special order and that is it. I got my ZCP M3 Sedan from Edmonton BMW and there was no issue with getting it.

I was one of the first people to order a ZCP Sedan in Canada and my sales manager (who placed the order for my car) hadn't even heard about the package at the time I inquired about it. Within a few hours of requesting him to inquire about it for my M3 he called me back with the pricing ($5675) and said it would be no problem. It sounds to me like your dealer is full of shit. Since there are multiple dealers in the GTA I recommend going to another dealer for your next BMW.
      03-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #44
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep

Great news. Too bad you had to go to such great lengths to finally get this outcome. I'm sure it leaves you with quite the sour taste for BMW, and you probably will venture to Audi/MB/Porsche for your next vehicle after the M3. Hopefully you'll enjoy the M3 worry-free, and leave all of this behind soon.

And great thing you resolved this now, before there are no E90 M3s left in production! Enjoy the ZCP/power seats when they arrive!

Are you going to change your colour combo???
Appreciate 0