BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

10-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #111
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Cool - Viagara Yellow GT3 cant make it now. I do have a conflict as well, but I am sure I can fix that
Hmmm. Does the quote below look familiar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Yeah like you have ever worked on the weekend.....I am going to start calling you Mini Duncan with the excuses.....
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #112
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
Hmmm. Does the quote below look familiar?
I dont use work as an excuse - we all know Duncan doesnt even work during the week....
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #113
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Wow - http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/07/p...-time-w-video/

Now I will not feel bad once Shizzle starts passing me. I wonder what tires they had on the car and whether it had the powerpack.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #114
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post

Now I will not feel bad once Shizzle starts passing me. I wonder what tires they had on the car and whether it had the powerpack.
You should always feel bad when he passes you no matter what he is driving.
      10-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #115
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:

It was running the regular PZero, but it was a PDK, SPASM, PDCC, Sports Chrono, Sports Exhaust and PCCB. No powerpack apparently.

And stop worrying about me passing you! Just get a 911 and all will be good! (And stop thinking about the Cayman R).

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
You should always feel bad when he passes you no matter what he is driving.
Is that why you dont ever come to the track anymore?

Last edited by sawzall; 10-07-2012 at 09:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #116
Vice666
Registered
Rep
Drives: Cayman s & Golf R

hi there! i join the board!
i'm fred from Qc (gt silver cayman s & golf R)

i'm in for sunday october 21, i'll be there with the R, 'cause i have to wait for some parts from RSS for the cayman (final suspension set-up)

i will run an APR stage 1+ golf R!

keep me inform for the tickets

see ya
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #117
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice666 View Post
hi there! i join the board!
i'm fred from Qc (gt silver cayman s & golf R)

i'm in for sunday october 21, i'll be there with the R, 'cause i have to wait for some parts from RSS for the cayman (final suspension set-up)

i will run an APR stage 1+ golf R!

keep me inform for the tickets

see ya
Cool! Maybe between the two of us we can talk some Porsche sense into all these M3 guys We'll probably finalize our numbers next week so we can confirm with CMP. As it stands, it looks like we've got enough people for the 5-9 discount.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #118
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY16 F80

Garage List
I would like to join you guys but it would only be my second time at a track ever. I would definitely need the orientation and would maybe like an instructor for at least the Saturday sessions.

How many people are in the beginner run group? Who organizes instructors and such? It's not just our group out there all weekend right?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #119
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli9988 View Post
I would like to join you guys but it would only be my second time at a track ever. I would definitely need the orientation and would maybe like an instructor for at least the Saturday sessions.

How many people are in the beginner run group? Who organizes instructors and such? It's not just our group out there all weekend right?
Glad you're looking to come out! As it stands, track fees will be $350/day, $50 for orientation, and instruction will be $200/day (HST is on top). We'll probably confirm our numbers early next week so we can register with CMP.

CMP determines the number of people in a run group. Not sure what the numbers will be, but last time we went, there were a record number of people attending, and the run groups were really well spaced - no trains. CMP runs a fantastic ship with respect to run groups. It won't be just us at the track - these are CMP run days, so it's open to all. We just like going as a group since we can get group discounts
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #120
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY16 F80

Garage List
I crunched some numbers last night and unfortunately things aren't looking good for me attendance wise. If I attend, it's going to eat into my off-season upgrade budget which was going towards sorting out the chassis. I know there isn't any better performance mod then driver education but I've been eyeing those M3 bits for so long...

I notice several of you live in Toronto as well, do you all cruise up to Ottawa together? I've read there are some fun roads between Orillia and Renfrew. Where do you guys stay?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #121
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
I crunched some numbers last night and unfortunately things aren't looking good for me attendance wise. If I attend, it's going to eat into my off-season upgrade budget which was going towards sorting out the chassis. I know there isn't any better performance mod then driver education but I've been eyeing those M3 bits for so long...

I notice several of you live in Toronto as well, do you all cruise up to Ottawa together? I've read there are some fun roads between Orillia and Renfrew. Where do you guys stay?
We don't usually travel in packs up to Calabogie. A few of us will travel in pairs (or tiny groups), but we all leave at different times. We normally stay at the Highlands or Peaks hotels.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #122
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Quote:

Yes, Calabogie gets more expensive than other venues if you want instruction. At Mosport, you should be able to get 2 days plus instruction for ~$500 or sometimes even less. But on the other hand, if you just want to lap and practice your skills with way, you can get a ton of track time even in one day at Calabogie, and there are usually plenty of experienced drivers who can ride with you to show lines (which are not trivial there).

But is this trip happening for sure or still up in the air? If it's not firm, I may just go to Mosport for a PCA event this weekend. I'd much rather go to Calabogie, though.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #123
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes, Calabogie gets more expensive than other venues if you want instruction. At Mosport, you should be able to get 2 days plus instruction for ~$500 or sometimes even less. But on the other hand, if you just want to lap and practice your skills with way, you can get a ton of track time even in one day at Calabogie, and there are usually plenty of experienced drivers who can ride with you to show lines (which are not trivial there).

But is this trip happening for sure or still up in the air? If it's not firm, I may just go to Mosport for a PCA event this weekend. I'd much rather go to Calabogie, though.
I suggest we start a new thread and see who is wants to go. From what I understand, we had Jaypod (possibly working out a conflict), yourself (MaxL), me (Shizzle), Freddy, Ahsanh and possibly Stalker.
Appreciate 0