BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

10-31-2019, 08:36 AM   #1
Nisfro98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mazda3

Front bumper repair or replace?

A previous owner littered the front bumper with drill holes. I knew this before buying the car but it wasnt that big a deal as I've done repair work on plastic before. But since I got the car someone or something hit the driver side and pushed in the side marker. It's not terrible and most wont know its there but I do and it bugs me so I want it fixed. The problem is the defect area is right on the chamfer where the side marker sits and I fear if I can walk it out it wont stay. I might not be able to walk it out at all. Plastic flexes with changing temperatures so it could go back to being pushed in sometime down the road. Holes and cracks I can fix but this is new territory for me. Any body experts here that can lend some advice on best approach? Or should I just suck it up and buy the ECS Euro bumper?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

you have to use heat and dolly set to push out the area thats flexed inward. But really, for the work involved and paying to repaint, i would probably buy a replacement bumper...