BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

EXXEL Distributions

06-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #617
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
Bizarre. When I bought my e46M3, Theo had told me that, within reason, there was nothing I could do to the engine that it could not handle. I used to pretty much hit every shift just short of redline, or occasionally blip into it in once every blue moon. That car only ever gave me one problem...a faulty xenon bulb. Other than that, I gave it everything that I was comfortable giving it, and it handled it just fine.

Fast forward to the e70 X5 that I traded that car in for and BAM!!! - electrical gremlins coming out of the ying yang. I honestly think that these cars have become a little too electrically reliant for their own (and ours) good. I remember when the Servotronic steering on my X5 when into spasm and in Theo's parking lot, the tires were stationary, but the steering wheel was spinning crazily from right to left and then back. iDrive would regularly reboot in that truck. I think, in some ways, that I, and maybe others, may look back at the e46 M3 as the pinnacle of BMW's work, when balancing exterior and interior design, aesthetics, and engine (sucker for the smoothness of the inline 6).

Anyhow, Jack, I hope it is just something minor, like Glenn alluded to. Let me know if Saturday afternoon is good to get your TV module over to you.
Sorry to eavesdrop on your conversation, however is that TV module for the E92s?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #618
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

I am pretty sure the module does any 2009 car with idrive.

Just not us '08s
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #619
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
I am pretty sure the module does any 2009 car with idrive.

Just not us '08s
Glenn is right...2009 iDrive's only, for now.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 03:37 AM   #620
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
Glenn is right...2009 iDrive's only, for now.
Damn it....those '08s
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 06:54 AM   #621
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
Damn it....those '08s
I believe EAS is working on the either the same product for 08's or is attempting full implementation of the 09 iDrive system into 08's followed by implementation of the TV module, which to me would be a better way to go.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #622
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Got the RE shifter today, nice stuff. Look forward to getting in installed.

High quality build and very complete instructions.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 11:55 PM   #623
1ne
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3 JZB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolo View Post
So apparently the BMW Gods have decided to scold me for driving my M3 a little spiritedly yesterday.

I recently passed break in and now I'm at about 3000KM. I finally decided to play with "M Mode" and I like the added throttle response. I played with it a bit, went to dinner came out and decided to have some more fun with it. This was maybe 2AM. M Mode with Sport Plus and DSC off, did a launch at a light around 4000rpm. Spun the tires, shifted at 6500RPM, kept full throttle to the same RPM in second and then cruised a few blocks till I got home. Ya ya... dangerous... etc. But it was 2AM and I could see no other vehicles for blocks on end and I've babied this driving machine for 99% of those earlier KMs. I have "approached" redline ONCE! I don't even think I broke 100Km/H considering I was mainly just spinning tires this time. Anyhow, cruised for a few blocks to let the engine cool down after my 3 seconds of excitement. Got home, shut'er down and went inside.

This morning, got to the car, everything was normal. Comfort access worked, Ipod integration was normal, A/C even kicked on and all lights did it's normal start up. I hit the start button for the second time to get the motor running and NOTHING. I turn off everything that might take any juice and all I can hear is a click when I hit the start button. Tried a few different things but all with the same result. Kicker being the self diagnostic in the vehicle says "All Systems Okay".

I'm at work right now but someone is taking care of my vehicle and making sure it gets to Edmonton BMW. I would have hoped my little charade was well within the operating guidelines of an "Ultimate Driving Machine"... especially one built for abuse. Maybe the fault lies elsewhere but my driving is the only variable that has changed. Anyways, I will update as soon they inform me of what's going on.
Any updates?

_
      06-07-2009, 12:55 AM   #624
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP AY/SS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ne View Post
Any updates?

_
No relevant updates. Vehicle went into Edmonton BMW and there is an open work order but no relevant information available.I will update as soon as I have anything useful.

Also, it was great finally meeting Glenn and Harbuksh today! I've been part of a lot of automotive forums but it's been awhile since I actually put some faces to names. I'm just happy to get out... also I don't think I spend enough time in the south anymore... 1 Maserati, 3 M3s spotted, 2 Ferrari's and 2 Lamborghini's. Not a bad location for some parking lot pimping.
      06-07-2009, 12:58 AM   #625
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

Ya some baller cars for sure around here I would have loved to come out but I never got Glenn's message until I was already at work and since I worked a late shift today no way I could make it. I also have to work on June 14th so I can't do the show and shine. Sorry guys.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 01:14 AM   #626
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

No worries, Albert. We'll hold a kangaroo court and figure out an appropriate penance...hmmm, winter car washing duties.

It definitely was good meeting Jack and Glenn. It really makes me look forward to when we can get together for a full on Edmonton M3 meet.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #627
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Yeah, the ballers hang out at the Save on in Ellerslie.

Dam, never seen so many exotics considering.

Bad spoiler on the F430.

Great to meet you guys, gotta get more of us all together.

We'll have a meet later in the month I am sure.

I can't wait to see Harbuksh car and wheels.

Gotta see Alberts too. Man those 20's
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #628
1ne
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Soptted a E90 SSII at Diamonds around lunch time.

Hummm... Sparky is that u checking out the meat market? Just kidding..

_
      06-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #629
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

lol, all you can eat taco

No, wasn't me, good taste in cars, bad entertainment choice.

But in the old days....well that was a long tome ago, lol
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 12:43 AM   #630
jackolo
Canada
Rep

Spotted: Meteor Gray E92 on Anthony Henday heading southbound around 5PM
and a Black E90 in front of Earl's on Jasper around 11:30pm.

I talked to Edmonton BMW today and apparently they are replacing the starter. My M3 should be ready to pick up tomorrow morning. I'll post further details once I see the work order and talk to a tech.

So I get home today and what is sitting in my living room but 2 packages. One from JleviSW and one from RENN Spec. Apparently some minor parts I ordered have come in... however both orders are incomplete! So I have some RPI Scoops, Macht Schnell Spacers and a license plate frame (yeah yeah...) but no BMC Air filter or Eibach Springs. The items I wanted most and the main reason for ordering in the first place.
Great... there better be some wonderful explanation.

Last edited by jackolo; 06-09-2009 at 01:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #631
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

AA stiffed me on Vband clamps for my xpipe/HFC's

Make sure you get everything you need Jackolo and they supply all teh fittings

Piss me off. Wtf do these guys do prior to shipping stuff, check that it is all there then double check.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #632
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Spotted: Meteor Gray E92 on Anthony Henday heading southbound around 5PM
and a Black E90 in front of Earl's on Jasper around 11:30pm.

I talked to Edmonton BMW today and apparently they are replacing the starter. My M3 should be ready to pick up tomorrow morning. I'll post further details once I see the work order and talk to a tech.

So I get home today and what is sitting in my living room but 2 packages. One from JleviSW and one from RENN Spec. Apparently some minor parts I ordered have come in... however both orders are incomplete! So I have some RPI Scoops, Macht Schnell Spacers and a license plate frame (yeah yeah...) but no BMC Air filter or Eibach Springs. The items I wanted most and the main reason for ordering in the first place.
Great... there better be some wonderful explanation.
Whats the word on the ride?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #633
jackolo
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Whats the word on the ride?
So I picked up the car yesterday and it's a phenomenal feeling to be back in the M3. Not going to lie... I actually really got used to the 335i over the last 4 days. Pretty easy to drive... but nothing special. No offense to 335 owners... just my preference.

Anyhow! Apparently they had to replace the starter. I wish I had time to talk to an actual tech but going through the report, they tested all the electrical systems and everything was fine. Then all of a sudden it said they replaced the starter. I guess if that's what they fixed, that should have been the problem but I'm hoping to get a more definite answer of what might have gone wrong.

Is everyone just going to Karmac or the dealers to have their aftermarket parts installed?
      06-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #634
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
So I picked up the car yesterday and it's a phenomenal feeling to be back in the M3. Not going to lie... I actually really got used to the 335i over the last 4 days. Pretty easy to drive... but nothing special. No offense to 335 owners... just my preference.

Anyhow! Apparently they had to replace the starter. I wish I had time to talk to an actual tech but going through the report, they tested all the electrical systems and everything was fine. Then all of a sudden it said they replaced the starter. I guess if that's what they fixed, that should have been the problem but I'm hoping to get a more definite answer of what might have gone wrong.

Is everyone just going to Karmac or the dealers to have their aftermarket parts installed?
I went to Karmac and they did the job well.

Be prepared for some non OEM stuff not to fit perfect. My AA stuff is good but was still a PIA and I still need to tweak my Eisenmann.

They did a great job on my brakes and my Shifter. That is all good.

I may need to step back on the exhaust. The AA xpipe and HFCs are much louder than I expected and there is alot more resonance in the car driving it hard. Getting some weird vibrations too at different RPM's.

That said the car has a whole new life, holy sh*t faster and meaner. Much more pull in all the gears and it really gets up and goes now, wow.

Need to take you guys for a ride. See what you think.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #635
jackolo
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Be prepared for some non OEM stuff not to fit perfect. My AA stuff is good but was still a PIA and I still need to tweak my Eisenmann.

I may need to step back on the exhaust. The AA xpipe and HFCs are much louder than I expected and there is alot more resonance in the car driving it hard. Getting some weird vibrations too at different RPM's.

That said the car has a whole new life, holy sh*t faster and meaner. Much more pull in all the gears and it really gets up and goes now, wow.

Hmm... I'm just doing some simple items. I need my Macht Schnell spacers and Eibach springs installed. I also might be picking up a Meisterschaft GT Exhaust. I know there are questionable reviews but I think the sound might be worth the risk. haha

Did you try the AA Xpipe and HFC with the stock exhaust? I couldn't really hear too much of a difference as you cruised by me in the parking lot. I definitely want to see how much of an improvement the AA tune is.
      06-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #636
1ne
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I am in for that ride sparky.

_
      06-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #637
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Hmm... I'm just doing some simple items. I need my Macht Schnell spacers and Eibach springs installed. I also might be picking up a Meisterschaft GT Exhaust. I know there are questionable reviews but I think the sound might be worth the risk. haha

Did you try the AA Xpipe and HFC with the stock exhaust? I couldn't really hear too much of a difference as you cruised by me in the parking lot. I definitely want to see how much of an improvement the AA tune is.
Mine was stock then.

You need to come for a ride now, wow. Maybe a bit too much wow.

Need a mini meet and we can do some ride-alongs.

We can meet southside or somewhere where we can "stretch our legs"
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #638
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ne View Post
I am in for that ride sparky.

_
You're on, gas is on me