BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54

Question Anyone have a memory foam mattress or topper?

UPDATE 7/17/11
After tons of trying mattresses out in the stores, crunching numbers, weighing the pros & cons of each mattress on paper & in real life & trying to find/talk myself into something that is not $3,500, I'm going to have to go with the Tempur Cloud Supreme or Rhapsody. I was hoping the iComfort Revolution or Dormia would suffice, but the Dormia had way too much motion transfer & the iComfort gave me the hammock feeling & I'm a skinny guy at 130 lbs.

Anyway, I think I'll buy the Cloud Supreme & try it for at least 30 days & exchange it for the Rhapsody if need be. However, before I do buy anything I wanted to see if anyone could chime in on the Cloud-Luixe. Looks like it has a layer of the HD foam under the top layer and that seems to be the only difference vs the Supreme. Is the Luxe really worth the extra $1,000?

=============
Looks like I am not going to go Tempur-Pedic. Don't want to shell out that kind of cash.

I believe I am either going to go with one of the Serta iComfort mattresses or the Costco Novaform topper or mattress by Sleep Innovations.

I want to stay away from the the 99999999 no name ones out there (Unless people have 1st hand positive experience with some of them)

EDIT 7/9/11 : So it's back to the TP Cloud Supreme as the front runner now.

However, I want to know if I should go more firm than that to help my back problems. I am getting some people telling me go Cloud to help my back & others say go more firm!

EDIT 7/10/11: Ashley Furniture has their own line of memory foam mattresses so I checked those out today. I like their "Key West" model. $1,100 on sale for the king set. Ashley only gives a 7 year warranty. I don't really care as I doubt I'd have the TP for the 20 years it is under warranty anyway.

The TP Cloud Supreme is still my favorite, but I don't think it is $2,400 more than the Ashley Key West nice at this point. However, I will probably end up buying TP pillows. I like their symphony pillow.

The specs the lady @ Ashley gave me for the Key West mattress are:
1" poly foam quilted cover
3" memory foam
7" support base

I'll have to do some research & see how this stacks up to the TP & the Novaform.

Went back to Sears right after this to lay on the Serta iComforts again. Not bad, but they range from about $500 to $1,500 more than the Ashley. I don't feel they are good enough to warrant paying that much more.

Last edited by Magic-Man; 07-17-2011 at 07:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
WWONG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d

I have the pillow and I say it's great... until after about a year. It gets softer and softer and eventually becomes a regular bed.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
TroyDeJ
Banned
Rep
Drives: around aimlessly

mine has been good for about 3 years but in the summer its hotter than a regular bed
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Mattress here, best sleep ever. I can have a sore back from work or the gym, and as soon as I lay down it's literally gone. Had it over a year and you'd have to kill me to take it from me.

Got it on sale and with a refund from my old defective mattress (same store, full credit ftw), so price isn't relevant to you.
      07-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #5
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Mattress here, best sleep ever. I can have a sore back from work or the gym, and as soon as I lay down it's literally gone. Had it over a year and you'd have to kill me to take it from me.

Got it on sale and with a refund from my old defective mattress (same store, full credit ftw), so price isn't relevant to you.
Hows the sex on the memory foam?

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
whatever you do, make sure and get the cloud. its fucking awesome, and its built for fucking. you cant go wrong, get it from sleepys, they are the cheapest.

you wont regret it!
      07-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #7
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
whatever you do, make sure and get the cloud. its fucking awesome, and its built for fucking. you cant go wrong, get it from sleepys, they are the cheapest.

you wont regret it!
You fucked on a memory foam bed before? Please tell detail... I always want to know what its like... But dont feel like investing around 2k just to know what its like hah.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #8
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuangYiChao View Post
You fucked on a memory foam bed before? Please tell detail... I always want to know what its like... But dont feel like investing around 2k just to know what its like hah.
ok, its just fucking amazing. I LOVE IT. when your on top, it locks the bitch into postion perfectly, doesnt put nearly as much pressure on your hands as well which makes it easier on the wrists. it works in your favor when she's on top as well, as your body is planted firmly in the mattress, it gives her much more grip, stability, and traction for some hard nasty skin burning friction. its also great to bend her over while you stand up beacuse you can just plant your fists deep into the bed and your good to break that pussy from behind.

this bed is full of win. MAKE SURE to get the cloud! I hope Ive given you the kind of info you wanted
      07-03-2011, 02:02 AM   #9
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

Quote:
ok, its just fucking amazing. I LOVE IT. when your on top, it locks the bitch into postion perfectly, doesnt put nearly as much pressure on your hands as well which makes it easier on the wrists. it works in your favor when she's on top as well, as your body is planted firmly in the mattress, it gives her much more grip, stability, and traction for some hard nasty skin burning friction. its also great to bend her over while you stand up beacuse you can just plant your fists deep into the bed and your good to break that pussy from behind.

this bed is full of win. MAKE SURE to get the cloud! I hope Ive given you the kind of info you wanted
Cloud eh? Ill look into that for my next investment... Maybe ill start getting wake up bjs
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 02:07 AM   #10
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuangYiChao View Post
Cloud eh? Ill look into that for my next investment... Maybe ill start getting wake up bjs
i obviously dont have to tell you how great the sleep is on it... go for it, you wont regret it!
      07-03-2011, 04:01 AM   #11
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

I have the pillows and I love them. Not all are equal though. You need to go to a place that sells various kinds and try them all out.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #12
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Thank You for the review

I'll be getting a new one soon and was always curious about these

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #13
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

getting a cloud now..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #14
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

The Tempur-Pedic was a godsend for me. I've severe insomnia and anxiety attacks at night -- but after getting this mattress, for some reason, I'm able to sleep a bit better although I still have my issues. The mattress is very comfortable, and son, you will not be disappoint.
      07-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #15
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

I love love love love my tempurpedic.

Had it for about 5 years now and every time I'm on a trip I can't wait to get home and sleep in my bed.

I have a bad lower back and can go to bed with it sore and wake up feeling awesome... it's literally like an 5hr chiropractor appointment. Awesome.

It is a little hotter in the summer, buy that can be fixed with some lighter weight bedding during the warmer months.

As discussed sex is perfectly fine on it. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #16
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I was looking into those a while back but a friend who used to worked at Sleep Train told me that they can get hot. So if you sleep warm/hot you're not gonna like the bed. Obviously it's worse in the summer than it is in the winter. The newer beds have better ventilation and you could get some lighter sheets/beddings which would help out a bit. Just keep in mind that it is a bit warmer than regular beds.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #17
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

If its too hot, turn the AC on?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #18
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
Thank You for the review

I'll be getting a new one soon and was always curious about these
my pleasure, you wont regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
getting a cloud now..
just be careful, i feel like its easier to get a bitch pregnant on these beds because of the incredible grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchlauCow View Post
The Tempur-Pedic was a godsend for me. I've severe insomnia and anxiety attacks at night -- but after getting this mattress, for some reason, I'm able to sleep a bit better although I still have my issues. The mattress is very comfortable, and son, you will not be disappoint.
yeah, before it used to take me 25-30 minutes at least to fall asleep on a hard mattress. It takes me less than 10 in this. the only problem is when you go back to a regular mattress (i.e if you sleep out) your going to be miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
I love love love love my tempurpedic.

Had it for about 5 years now and every time I'm on a trip I can't wait to get home and sleep in my bed.

I have a bad lower back and can go to bed with it sore and wake up feeling awesome... it's literally like an 5hr chiropractor appointment. Awesome.

It is a little hotter in the summer, buy that can be fixed with some lighter weight bedding during the warmer months.

As discussed sex is perfectly fine on it. LOL.
yeah, let me also remind you that the bed is very sensitive to temperature. if your room has the air conditioner blasting all day and you jump on your bed it will feel very firm. as the heat transfers from your body to the bed, it softens up the mattress even more. So sometimes you'll be like shit why is the bed so hard!? but then 3 minutes later youll be melting in a cocoon of foam. the bed also diffuses the heat throughout the mattress, so the heat doesnt really concentrate on you. BMW E90 makes that point, but i dont think its a problem.

the trick is to make sure to use cotton sheets! high thread count also! with this, you will have no heat problems. just keep a fan running.

Last edited by Kiemyster; 07-03-2011 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #19
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

Does a mattress protector mess up a tempurpedic? And if you don't use one, does your/her sex juice get absorbed in the foam?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #20
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
Does a mattress protector mess up a tempurpedic? And if you don't use one, does your/her sex juice get absorbed in the foam?
I have 3 layers of 100% cotton mattress covers to soak up the juices. make sure they are stretchable, you dont want to put any sort of restrictive material on the bed, or else it will interfere with its functionality.
      07-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #21
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

HOLY F***

$3200 for a bed!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #22
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
HOLY F***

$3200 for a bed!
That's NASA markup for you

Appreciate 0