BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

04-23-2008, 04:25 PM   #1
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Vert / 535i Twin turbo

Info on the M3 Convertible

All, I have been searching (all over the internet) it seems and I still can find reliable pricing on the M3 vert. Anyone have info that they can share? I'm looking for a fully loaded M3 vert (2008). Are ADM's expected with this car? And will be 2008 m3 vert be a limited production item or will BMW build all they can sell?

I'm trading my '08 535i (great car by the way) but I can't resist the M3 drop top.

Another question, I'm considering getting the 7 speed M DCT transmission...would that tranny be overkill on a vert (as I'm not planning on track time with it, etc.) I like the 6 speed manual in my 535i and I'm thinking it would be even more fun in the M3 - but that new M DCT trnny sounds pretty awesome too...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
dangoma
Your Mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
All, I have been searching (all over the internet) it seems and I still can find reliable pricing on the M3 vert. Anyone have info that they can share? I'm looking for a fully loaded M3 vert (2008). Are ADM's expected with this car? And will be 2008 m3 vert be a limited production item or will BMW build all they can sell?

I'm trading my '08 535i (great car by the way) but I can't resist the M3 drop top.

Another question, I'm considering getting the 7 speed M DCT transmission...would that tranny be overkill on a vert (as I'm not planning on track time with it, etc.) I like the 6 speed manual in my 535i and I'm thinking it would be even more fun in the M3 - but that new M DCT trnny sounds pretty awesome too...
This has been discussed before. Just take the base of a 335 and use that. Its about 8K. Yes I know that is not official, but it is the best you can do.

As for the transmission, that is your call.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangoma View Post
This has been discussed before. Just take the base of a 335 and use that. Its about 8K. Yes I know that is not official, but it is the best you can do.

As for the transmission, that is your call.
Thanks for the information. A fully loaded 335i drop top is $58.4K so then the M3 vert should be $66K...I hope you are right but I've seen '08 M3 sedans and coupes in the $64 - $70K range here locally...I'm betting the M3 vert is going to be more like $72 - $76K...I hope not though!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
dangoma
Your Mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Thanks for the information. A fully loaded 335i drop top is $58.4K so then the M3 vert should be $66K...I hope you are right but I've seen '08 M3 sedans and coupes in the $64 - $70K range here locally...I'm betting the M3 vert is going to be more like $72 - $76K...I hope not though!
You are looking at your numbers in the wrong way.

Base everything on base price. M3 56K, 8K for the Conv. so that means BASE is 64K, then you add all the options. So a fully loaded DCT will be running around 80K.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Cool Hey don't leave out the wait and the mark up

Quote:

Base everything on base price. M3 56K, 8K for the Conv. so that means BASE is 64K, then you add all the options. So a fully loaded DCT will be running around 80K.
Up to a 1yr delay production and steelership mark up. So you are looking at allot of time waiting on production and a $20,000. 00 steelership mark up. Sorry guy you are in So Cal so I say $100,000.00 to be on the safe side

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
with up to a 1yr delay production and steelership mark up so you are looking at allot of time waiting on production and a $20,000. 00 steelership mark up sorry guy you are in So Cal so I say $100,000.00 to be on the safe side

Well that isn't going to happen - I like the M3 vert but not at $100K...be heading over to my local Porsche dealer for those $$'s

A good friend of mine owns several dealerships - including a BMW dealership where I purchased my '08 535i for $700 over invoice...he's getting numbers to me as we speak and while I realize he won't be able to do the same deal as he did with the 535i - I'm sure he will come in under $100K and even under $80K...we shall see though. I'll post numbers when I get them. He also went over his ordered inventory with me and said he had two or three M3verts ordered and arriving starting late next month....
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #7
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks that helps...I'm thinking fully loaded options will be in the 8K range
(preimum pkg., Technology pkg., + various other options)...so I'd be in the $72K - $74K range...that sounds about right. I haven't seen the pice for the optional DCT though...that could be more than I'm thinking...
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 08:17 AM   #8
pilot_bro2003
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e xDrive iPerformance

The MSRP for the M3 Vert is going to be $65,725. If you get it fully loaded...Tech, DCT, etc you're going to be pushing 80K easily. I guess you'd be fine if you have a hook up at the dealership but somewhere in SoCal (Century BMW I think) had an E92 coupe for 100K so it's quite possible you'll see the same thing for the Vert.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #9
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_bro2003 View Post
The MSRP for the M3 Vert is going to be $65,725. If you get it fully loaded...Tech, DCT, etc you're going to be pushing 80K easily. I guess you'd be fine if you have a hook up at the dealership but somewhere in SoCal (Century BMW I think) had an E92 coupe for 100K so it's quite possible you'll see the same thing for the Vert.
Those dealers are going to have that $100K M3 Coupe on the floor for a while...there are dealers selling at MSRP or slightly below...I hope no one falls for that $100K price

I just heard back from my BMW SA, the full retail on my loaded M3 vert is $78.4K (that included the gas guzzler tax and destination). I'll be speaking with the owner a bit later today to see what he is willing to do for me. I'm ordering the Jerez black with the bamboo trim and loaded (exept for sat radio and the new trans). Believe I'll stick with the stick
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #10
pilot_bro2003
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e xDrive iPerformance

Yeah I was pretty surprised to see that they were asking that much for that car. I remember being down in SoCal and of of those BMW dealerships...it was either that one of Santa Monica BMW had at one point a M6 Vert and were asking 130K

What interior combination were you going with your JB?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 11:48 PM   #11
PyroM
No speed limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

my quote

I've locked in a vert with my a dealer and have a final quote of $77,785. That's a fully loaded M3 convertible i told him to put EVERY option, and I should know the build date sometime this week. I'll post more info after i talk to him again tomorrow.

I'm still torn over colors though, i think i want Jet black, but unsure whether to put it over fox red or black.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #12
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaM3 View Post
I've locked in a vert with my a dealer and have a final quote of $77,785. That's a fully loaded M3 convertible i told him to put EVERY option, and I should know the build date sometime this week. I'll post more info after i talk to him again tomorrow.

I'm still torn over colors though, i think i want Jet black, but unsure whether to put it over fox red or black.

Montana, when you get your options sheet with your order, can you list what you are getting...my figure above has everthing EXCEPT for sat radio and the new trans...do you know if you number includes gas guzzler tax and destination? Good luck on your order!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #13
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaM3 View Post

You got a great deal, man. I locked in my convertible order this past weekend (26 April 2008) and took every option available except extended leather. Didn't think the extended Fox Red would look good under the dash. I'm looking at a little over $80K. After taxes it's just over $88K. Since I buy all my cars at this particular dealership, they waived the mark-up. However, I can tell you there were two coupes and a sedan on the lot and all three of them carried a $10K markup over sticker.

Can't imagine anyone paying markup on a car. If markup were added to the convertible, it'd easily hit $100K after taxes. Just crazy! Then again, $88K isn't that far from $100K in the scheme of things.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #14
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBry View Post
You got a great deal, man. I locked in my convertible order this past weekend (26 April 2008) and took every option available except extended leather. Didn't think the extended Fox Red would look good under the dash. I'm looking at a little over $80K. After taxes it's just over $88K. Since I buy all my cars at this particular dealership, they waived the mark-up. However, I can tell you there were two coupes and a sedan on the lot and all three of them carried a $10K markup over sticker.

Can't imagine anyone paying markup on a car. If markup were added to the convertible, it'd easily hit $100K after taxes. Just crazy! Then again, $88K isn't that far from $100K in the scheme of things.
Cool, post when you have more info and good luck with our new M3vert
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 10:04 PM   #15
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

For those of us planning on the E93 vert - this is definitely an exciting time- my dealer placed my order today with the factory (status 111 - also received my specific production number). My order includes: Silverstone II, black novillo leather with blue-grey brushed aluminum trim, premium package, technology package, 19" wheels, M DCT transmission, HD radio, ipod/usb adapter, heated front seats (grand total with GGT, w/o taxes - for MSRP of $77,500).

I was told I have a June production slot, apparently with a July delivery (suspense is killing me - I've been patiently waiting for this car ever since the M3 appeared on the cover of Road & Track last spring)!! My dealer confirmed what I've been hearing on this forum - namely M DCT and 19" wheels being the biggest contributors to delays in receiving a firm production time slot.

Dealer is taking great care of me (Laurel BMW of Westmont - great, friendly service all around ever since buying my 530xi there two years ago - and a fantastic service department as well ). What was fantastic was the fact that since I ordered an M3, they let me drive an AW M3 Coupe 6MT - what a fantastic car!! Since I haven't driven a manual in almost ten years - and out of respect to the car's future owner - I didn't go crazy on the revs (max 5,000 - and only on one brief occasion). My dealer also heard that the car is essentially "detuned" until the 1200 mile service - and presumably the car's full capability is not realized until then (car I drove had only a few hundred miles on it). I will say that even without revving the engine - the car really surges ahead in third gear - I can't imagine how much more capable the car would be after 1200 miles with full rev authority (not to mention a driver who isn't quite as rusty as me in driving a manual - although my shifts were really coming back to me after driving about a mile or so).

P.S. - another interesting point - my dealer told me that out of the 6-7 people who have ordered the vert - all of us have opted for the M DCT transmission (which probably isn't too surprising to anyone on this forum). Even though I have M DCT on order though, I would imagine the 6MT verts should be arriving in the not too distant future - so I would be really curious to hear the first forum member's personal review upon delivery!!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #16
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
For those of us planning on the E93 vert - this is definitely an exciting time- my dealer placed my order today with the factory (status 111 - also received my specific production number). My order includes: Silverstone II, black novillo leather with blue-grey brushed aluminum trim, premium package, technology package, 19" wheels, M DCT transmission, HD radio, ipod/usb adapter, heated front seats (grand total with GGT, w/o taxes - for MSRP of $77,500).

I was told I have a June production slot, apparently with a July delivery (suspense is killing me - I've been patiently waiting for this car ever since the M3 appeared on the cover of Road & Track last spring)!! My dealer confirmed what I've been hearing on this forum - namely M DCT and 19" wheels being the biggest contributors to delays in receiving a firm production time slot.

Dealer is taking great care of me (Laurel BMW of Westmont - great, friendly service all around ever since buying my 530xi there two years ago - and a fantastic service department as well ). What was fantastic was the fact that since I ordered an M3, they let me drive an AW M3 Coupe 6MT - what a fantastic car!! Since I haven't driven a manual in almost ten years - and out of respect to the car's future owner - I didn't go crazy on the revs (max 5,000 - and only on one brief occasion). My dealer also heard that the car is essentially "detuned" until the 1200 mile service - and presumably the car's full capability is not realized until then (car I drove had only a few hundred miles on it). I will say that even without revving the engine - the car really surges ahead in third gear - I can't imagine how much more capable the car would be after 1200 miles with full rev authority (not to mention a driver who isn't quite as rusty as me in driving a manual - although my shifts were really coming back to me after driving about a mile or so).

P.S. - another interesting point - my dealer told me that out of the 6-7 people who have ordered the vert - all of us have opted for the M DCT transmission (which probably isn't too surprising to anyone on this forum). Even though I have M DCT on order though, I would imagine the 6MT verts should be arriving in the not too distant future - so I would be really curious to hear the first forum member's personal review upon delivery!!

Powerslide - fun times ahead for you Now the wait begins - congrats and please post pics when she arrives
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #17
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Fantastic, man! You even got an estimated production date?! They wouldn't go that far for me... just gave me my production number. I've tried adding this car to the new BMW Owners site at bmwusa.com by using the production number, but it returns the wrong car -- it shows the number belongs to a 2006 Jet Black 530i. Have you been able to track the status of your car yet?

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #18
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fantastic, man! You even got an estimated production date?! They wouldn't go that far for me... just gave me my production number. I've tried adding this car to the new BMW Owners site at bmwusa.com by using the production number, but it returns the wrong car -- it shows the number belongs to a 2006 Jet Black 530i. Have you been able to track the status of your car yet?
bry - keep trying with your production number...once it's in the system, it will reflect the proper car. I went through my 1st couple of weeks with my 535i order status and it showing the wrong car associoated with my production number. In general, the Owners Circle order status was about 2 weeks behind the actual schedule...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 09:56 PM   #19
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
bry - keep trying with your production number...once it's in the system, it will reflect the proper car. I went through my 1st couple of weeks with my 535i order status and it showing the wrong car associoated with my production number. In general, the Owners Circle order status was about 2 weeks behind the actual schedule...
Thanks for the congrats guys - will definitely post pic's right after delivery - I assume you guys will too. I have not yet attempted to enter my production number into Owners Circle, given the delays I've been hearing about with it recognizing the proper vehicle - I'm sure this coming weekend I'll try it anyway though. I'm just curious as to what specific week production it will ultimately be.

By the way, my production number starts with 672... wondering if this means anything in terms of a particular week?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #20
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Talking Congrats to all you guys with verts on order

I'm going to stick with the coupe for now. If I even think about switching to the vert I would not see it til 2010 or 2011 dealing with BMW military car sales I may get the vert for thousand less but the wait time is not worth it. I am finding this out the hard way waiting on a coupe going on 1 year now and still getting enjoy your verts when you get them post pics, I am almost 99% sure you will beat my production feel free to me at anytime

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #21
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the congrats guys - will definitely post pic's right after delivery - I assume you guys will too. I have not yet attempted to enter my production number into Owners Circle, given the delays I've been hearing about with it recognizing the proper vehicle - I'm sure this coming weekend I'll try it anyway though. I'm just curious as to what specific week production it will ultimately be.

By the way, my production number starts with 672... wondering if this means anything in terms of a particular week?
Hey Powerslide... looks like we ordered our cars just two days apart. Mine on Saturday, yours on Monday. I didn't realize that when I read an earlier post of yours. We were also both given production numbers that start with 672. It'll be interesting to keep in touch with one another to see how close together our cars are manufactured.

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #22
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey Powerslide... looks like we ordered our cars just two days apart. Mine on Saturday, yours on Monday. I didn't realize that when I read an earlier post of yours. We were also both given production numbers that start with 672. It'll be interesting to keep in touch with one another to see how close together our cars are manufactured.
Bry...I'm about to order my M3 vert and was checking out your options in your sig line..I've not see the option "high gloss shadowline trim" before - is that an exterior or interior trim?

I think it might be the window mouldings? On the 335i they come chrome and come blacked out on the m...right?
Appreciate 0