BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

Mporium BMW

09-29-2016, 01:35 PM   #1
AdrianKal
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Unhappy E92 Driver Side Airbag Recall

Hey Everyone,

I recently found a great buyer for my 08 M3, who is located in California. We proceeded to jump through every hoop and had the deal 95% completed. The only missing piece of the puzzle was the Letter of Compliance from BMW.

Upon receiving this letter, I found that the car had an outstanding recall (#N 0000001100). Initially, I thought this wasn't a big deal... just call the dealership and have it taken care of. Only to be told that there are no airbags available and no projected date on availability. I have calls in with BMW NA and BMW Canada, hoping they can provide some assistance.

I've found some reports of people having airbags allotted to their vehicles and having this recall taken care of, so I'm reaching out and asking for help. If anyone in Canada knows how or where I could have this recall dealt with, I would appreciate hearing about it.

I'm asking this not just because I want to sell my vehicle but because I found the perfect owner for it and we are both hoping to overcome this problem!

I appreciate any feedback or advice that can be provided. Thank you!
Appreciate 0