BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

01-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
homel01
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Engine and transmission problem

I wrote this thread on service and maintenance and got no answer so here it is

I looked through many most of the threads and didn't find anyone with this problem.

My car turned the check engine on and I decided to take it to BMW, driving the car to the BMW shop i turned 3 new things on. 1) increased emissions on
2) transmission failure 3) engine failure speed reduced or something like that and the car will go slower and will not accelerate like it is supposed to.

I took the car to BMW and they told me that they were to reprogram the whole car plus reprogram the transmission because it had a recall.

I took the car back home (1 hour 45 min far)
Drove the car for 1 day and lights came back, when the car is turned on it will only say the emissions thing plus the check engine.

Drive the car for a while and as soon as it starts up and downshifting for a while the transmission thing comes on,
drive it a little longer and the engine bulshit.... comes on

Im really mad and disappointied with this car, the car has only 5kmiles and I paid 104,000 US $$ in Puerto Rico because of taxes and the car has not been modified or launch controlled never.

With this type of bullshit I have no confidence at all to modify the car, Im even thinking about selling it in a couple of months and not buying a fucking bmw ever because I also had a bad experience with a 2002 745i that always had a problem with the computer.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
JMD0977
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 GT3 and ....

Check this thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179994
Something to do with the Idle Valve Pg.3
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
homel01
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

thanks i read it but my car was already fully reprogramed and it keeps doing the same thing

idle valve -> dct mal function? there's something the dealer is not saying, lik blown up transmisions or something
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

havent heard of a trans taking a poop yet...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
doba_s
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 l Cayenne l 997.2RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by homel01 View Post
I wrote this thread on service and maintenance and got no answer so here it is

I looked through many most of the threads and didn't find anyone with this problem.

My car turned the check engine on and I decided to take it to BMW, driving the car to the BMW shop i turned 3 new things on. 1) increased emissions on
2) transmission failure 3) engine failure speed reduced or something like that and the car will go slower and will not accelerate like it is supposed to.

I took the car to BMW and they told me that they were to reprogram the whole car plus reprogram the transmission because it had a recall.

I took the car back home (1 hour 45 min far)
Drove the car for 1 day and lights came back, when the car is turned on it will only say the emissions thing plus the check engine.

Drive the car for a while and as soon as it starts up and downshifting for a while the transmission thing comes on,
drive it a little longer and the engine bulshit.... comes on

Im really mad and disappointied with this car, the car has only 5kmiles and I paid 104,000 US $$ in Puerto Rico because of taxes and the car has not been modified or launch controlled never.

With this type of bullshit I have no confidence at all to modify the car, Im even thinking about selling it in a couple of months and not buying a fucking bmw ever because I also had a bad experience with a 2002 745i that always had a problem with the computer.
wait, they reprogramed your car and installed transmission update within 1h 45min ? just the transmission update takes about 6h and another ~6 to reprogram your car ... My guess is they just cleared the codes and gave it back to you.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
SKBJones
Rep
Drives: 09 DCT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkswackin View Post
havent heard of a trans taking a poop yet...
Uh, I have. Mine. But it had less than 500 miles and I bitched like, well, a bitch and I'm supposedly getting a new one. I've heard of may other DCT horror stories. It's an awesome transmission in an awesome car, and shit happens, but maybe it's not fully baked. Everyone with no issues will rightfully disagree. I will give it another try.

Wonder if the DPK is having issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #7
pjrn007
Spook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT SSII

Input???

Hey people,

What the hell is going on??? I was driving on the expressway and noticed that my paddle shifter for upshifting wasn't responding. All of a sudden the damned thing starts downshifting rapidly by itself. I pull over for a few moments and tried driving again...same thing. It does it in no matter what drive mode I'm in. I had the car's recall work performed a few weeks ago and have never had any problems with the transmission until now...not even before the recall work. I'm having it towed to the dealership in the morning. Any ideas or thoughts????
Appreciate 0