BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

09-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #23
Bokke
Major
Rep
Drives: E90M3/991.2GT3/G82M4CSL/9YOTGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
Here's the pricing for the extended warranty. There are different grades, starting with just powertrain to platinum, which includes the electronics including iDrive. These are said to be the MSRP figures. With apologies to Clarkson, some say that you can negotiate a better price, and that there are wholesale prices available somewhere to be found.
Category F for F'it!
23 G82 ///M4CSL | AW | Race Buckets |
24 9YO Cayenne TGT | QGM| Burgundy | Neodyne / PCCB
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #24
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: em-funf

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flumazenil View Post
Are you guys paying 7k for a brake job?
I was going to say. You have to be complete idiot to pay $7k for a brake job. $300 will change pads and resurface rotors, not to mention that you will not need rear brakes for 75k easily.

front hawk HPS are $102. rears are $94. Resurfacing is $10 per rotor at pepboys.

$102 (front pads)
$94 (rear pads)
$44 (rotors plus taxes)
$60 (misc..wear sensors, anti squeak)

total: $300

Last edited by malter2.0; 09-09-2010 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #25
tudernos
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 AW M3 Annabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke View Post
Category F for F'it!

Honestly, I don't think it's worth the Maitenance upgrade. If you're at all mechanically inclined or know how to read directions carefully than you can do most of it. Oil change is super easy, brake is super easy and pretty much just monitor all the other fluids that come along with it. That's my 2cent.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #26
piloto
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 - AW/FR

Keep in mind that this is more of an insurance than a true warranty, meaning you still pay a $50 deductible per visit. I think it's a good deal, if you will have high mileage.

Does anyone have any experience in negotiating the price of the extended warranty? Specifcally the BMW EVP warranty?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 01:34 AM   #27
Benjjman007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50iMSport & MP4-12C

Garage List
Maintenance includes clutch. Defiantly worth the money IMHO, clutch and brakes total over $4k.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 06:23 AM   #28
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
I was going to say. You have to be complete idiot to pay $7k for a brake job. $300 will change pads and resurface rotors, not to mention that you will not need rear brakes for 75k easily.

front hawk HPS are $102. rears are $94. Resurfacing is $10 per rotor at pepboys.

$102 (front pads)
$94 (rear pads)
$44 (rotors plus taxes)
$60 (misc..wear sensors, anti squeak)

total: $300
Not sure about the E46 rotors, but I preferred new rotors. $335-266 per front and $279-223 per rear....gets expensive quick.
      09-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #29
fongpi
Jedi Poltergeist
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post
I think your total on both of those will be in the $8K neighborhood... maybe a little more. Well worth it if you really plan on keeping it for the full 100K. A set of brakes almost pays for the maint, and out of warranty repairs on this car are going to be silly expensive.
I don't see how a set of brakes could cost this much..
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHHKAOOM3 View Post
I'm assuming all ur care are virgins. Meaning no modifications. If you mod, there isn't a point of extending warranty
I thought the policy was that if the modification resulted or had a direct causal role it the failure of the system or component, then it wouldn't be covered. So I don't see anything wrong with modding wheels or even exhaust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjjman007 View Post
Maintenance includes clutch. Defiantly worth the money IMHO, clutch and brakes total over $4k.
The PenFed warranty doesn't cover the clutch, does anyone know which aftermarket warranties do cover the clutch?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #30
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Another way to look at these maintenance programs is to analyze them from the standpoint of a bet.

BMW is betting you $3300 that you will not require $3300 worth of maintenance from them. You pay them $3300 BMW gives you a promise. You are at a disadvantage in this bet because BMW knows the performance & longevity characteristics of each component of your car. You don't. That's why they are even in this game. In other words, do you think BMW would even enter this bet unless they were certain the odds were in there favor that, in the end, they are going to walk away with lots of your money in there pocket?

By the way, the E9 series M3 was rated by, I think, Consumers Report as, among all BMW models, the model with the lowest maintenance cost. I wish I could remember the issue date. They were comparing maintenance costs between manufacturers and this little fact about the M3 was treated as a footnote.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #31
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Talking Get the warranty guy trust me

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
Here's the pricing for the extended warranty. There are different grades, starting with just powertrain to platinum, which includes the electronics including iDrive. These are said to be the MSRP figures. With apologies to Clarkson, some say that you can negotiate a better price, and that there are wholesale prices available somewhere to be found.
+1 don't worry about the maintenance warranty you can cover any of that cost. I have the platinum which includes the electronics and idrive. Because anything that goes wrong and makes this car go into limp mode $$$$ its going to cost you that is the way I look at. I currently have 80,000 miles on my M3 and I had my share of problems before my extended warranty and during my current extended warranty . Limp Mode problem #1 was theThrottle control valve and a faulty number two o2 sensor at the same time. They fixed the throttle control valve on the car but something was still wrong only to find out a faulty o2 sensor. They had my car for almost a month to figure out this problem. Limp Mode problem #2 is when I had the number 7 valve spring come off the car lucky for me it did no damage they tore my engine apart to fix this problem . I had a bad transmission synchronizer my 3rd gear would grind at high rpm. They replaced my transmission. I had a EDC sensor go bad, covered under warranty. I had my rear drive shaft bearing go bad it was covered under warranty . I had my battery go dead this not covered under extended warranty $300.00+ just the battery $200+ to reset the computer after replacing the battery I have to take my M3 in for new rear brakes I am sure this will be $300-$400 to replace them. My M3 has mods on it and non of the mods caused any of my problems I had on my M3 so far I also don't track my M3. My M3 is not my daily driver anymore I only drive it on the weekends and to place in car shows. Another current problem I have is that my battery was replaced less than a year ago and is going dead again WTF if you plan to grow old and keep your M3 like me get a warranty Do anyone know a good place for a warranty after 100,000 miles I'm driving on borrowed time now

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,

Last edited by SHADY1; 09-29-2012 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0