BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

06-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #23
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

Ok. Here's mine. Would a cop pull over the nicer car of the two if they were both going, say, 43 in a 35?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #24
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

I've got a serious, non-stereotypical question.

My old high school's resource officer talked to my government class one day about the law. Someone asked him about speeding tickets and warnings and stuff.

He specifically said that if you get clocked going 10mph over the speed limit (excluding neighborhoods and school/construction zones), that officers are required to give a warning. Not sure if that was supposed to be a nationwide thing, or a Georgia/county only thing.
      06-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #25
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
Word??

It's been proven by traffic engineers that our speed limits on the highways can be raised. Technology has went far ahead, I think it may have something to do with revenue.

Well here is a plan for revenue; don't make a drivers license cost $20 bucks and make it a little more difficult to get than passing a parking lot test. Trained / Attentantive drivers will do more to save lives than a ticket...

end/
$20 for a DL? Shit i gotta move over to your state.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #26
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Word??

It's been proven by traffic engineers that our speed limits on the highways can be raised. Technology has went far ahead, I think it may have something to do with revenue.

Well here is a plan for revenue; don't make a drivers license cost $20 bucks and make it a little more difficult to get than passing a parking lot test. Trained / Attentantive drivers will do more to save lives than a ticket...

end/
Yup, it's all about money that is why they are giving tickets out like crazy these days.
      06-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #27
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Word??

end/
You raise the speed limits to say 80, then people will do 90-95 and bitch like you are about 5-15 over. I speed, everywhere I go, generally in the range you are asking about. I just hope the police officer lets it slide, which he usually does and doesnt mess with me.

Give an inch, people will take a mile.
      06-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #28
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Is having an out of date inspection in a different state a ticketable offense?

Eff becoming an AZ resident. Registrations up to date.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #29
panicos81
Colonel
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: a white bmw

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [8.54]
2007 e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
So let me get this straight.... Observing someone violating the law is a "bullshit reason" to cite them? I'm sorry but calling it a "bullshit reason" for getting a ticket is simply a "bullshit excuse". Man up and take responsibility for your own actions.
well it seems that you need the full story.. saturday night at 4am, going home after a night out, perfectly straight road no houses around but going into my hometown( i can take a pic tomorrow if you like, now its night) stops me, ask me if a had a drink, i say no and he gives me an alcohol test, came out clean, then sais sir you were speeding, i say how much he sais 78 (we have km here) the limit is 50. i say but is an empty straight road at 4am!! anw i got fined, i paid the ticket. i took the responsibility, its not a man up thing, its whether i feel it was justified or not. and in that situation, it wasnt.

seat belt in the back?? come on, the guy also wanted to take my car because it had 19" wheels telling me that i had to go through a mechanical control test whatever before i put them, i tell him it is authorised by the factory and showed him the door sign with the air pressures. and he fined me because the person in the back wasnt wearing a seatbelt. i weent to the police station to pay and the other police officers told me it was the first time somebody went to pay for that and ask me if i had done something to the cop

licence plate, well i didnt have them on.. paid the price..
      06-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #30
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
You raise the speed limits to say 80, then people will do 90-95 and bitch like you are about 5-15 over. I speed, everywhere I go, generally in the range you are asking about. I just hope the police officer lets it slide, which he usually does and doesnt mess with me.

Give an inch, people will take a mile.
I usually go 10 over'ish

but since the speedo is set 5 over, Im only going 5 over.

And I have been told by an "ex" (he dad was a cop) that they give a 6mph "bumper"
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #31
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

If a woman you were trying to detain sprayed you with her breast milk, would you be mad?
      06-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #32
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Are you for or against legalization of drugs?...i know you've to follow the law etc., but your opinion on that given what you've experienced.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #33
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
If a woman you were trying to detain sprayed you with her breast milk, would you be mad?
this i must know
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #34
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

i'd be curious to get your take on the following situation:

many years ago, in my first job as a civil engineer, we often had projects in a bay area municipality. local public works regulations stipulated that if any work was going to affect the traveled way, an off-duty PD was required as part of the traffic control plan.

i remember one project; we were working on a saturday. i was off to one side w/ the project drawings, while the construction crew were standing around waiting for some equipment to arrive. the off-duty cop (note: they had to be present in their squad car + uniform, the OT paid for by the company doing the construction i think), chatting up the construction folks, basically bragging about the fancy SUVs he had bought for himself and his wife, "not on his cops salary, and that if they wanted any "stuff", he could hook them up out of the evidence locker". i don't recall any longer the exact slang term he used for "stuff", but i figured out that it probably meant drugs/narcotics. the construction guys figured out that this was a good time to get back to work, and wisely so i think.

questions:
-what % of PD are corrupt?
-what % of internal investigations actually lead to corrupt cops being put in jail (or is it usually swept under the rug)?
      06-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #35
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fresh

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.24]
Seems like a bunch of questions and no answers. But I'll ask and maybe we'll get some answers.

I talked to one of my police friends and he said when he's radaring/lasering on the interstate for speeders he only shoots the left lane. He said not only is riding in the right lane when not passing the law but it's actually much smarter bc the people in the left lane should be passing therefore going faster, or appear to. Do you have this strategy also?

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #36
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Do you get paid overtime to appear in court? And also from what you've seen, what is the best way to get the judge to dismiss a speeding ticket?

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #37
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
did you know that the crown vic is 1 second slower in reverse (0-60) than in drive?

top speed in reverse is 63 in your cruiser too. test it, with your bullshit "calibrated" speedometer.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #38
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos81 View Post
well it seems that you need the full story.. saturday night at 4am, going home after a night out, perfectly straight road no houses around but going into my hometown( i can take a pic tomorrow if you like, now its night) stops me, ask me if a had a drink, i say no and he gives me an alcohol test, came out clean, then sais sir you were speeding, i say how much he sais 78 (we have km here) the limit is 50. i say but is an empty straight road at 4am!! anw i got fined, i paid the ticket. i took the responsibility, its not a man up thing, its whether i feel it was justified or not. and in that situation, it wasnt.

seat belt in the back?? come on, the guy also wanted to take my car because it had 19" wheels telling me that i had to go through a mechanical control test whatever before i put them, i tell him it is authorised by the factory and showed him the door sign with the air pressures. and he fined me because the person in the back wasnt wearing a seatbelt. i weent to the police station to pay and the other police officers told me it was the first time somebody went to pay for that and ask me if i had done something to the cop

licence plate, well i didnt have them on.. paid the price..
The front license plate ticket is lame. Dealer sold my mom a brand new bimmer with no front plates. Cop gives her a ticket. Our fault. :sarcasm:

4am ticket, that was cop's discretion. He could have been nice and let you off with a warning, but didn't; nothing wrong with that, just sucks for you. I'm sure most of us have sped like that and if you caught, it's just luck of the draw. You were going 20 above the speed limit and cop pulled you over for suspected DUI.

Seat belt ticket is lame too. Especially for back seat. I think you inadvertently did something to offend the cop in this case. Maybe you argued with him too much. What did you get pulled over for? Wheels?

I'd give you 2/3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
Seems like a bunch of questions and no answers. But I'll ask and maybe we'll get some answers.

I talked to one of my police friends and he said when he's radaring/lasering on the interstate for speeders he only shoots the left lane. He said not only is riding in the right lane when not passing the law but it's actually much smarter bc the people in the left lane should be passing therefore going faster, or appear to. Do you have this strategy also?
I hear the same. It's better to speed in the right most lane because it's harder to line of sight.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #39
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
So what do you do when you pull over a car for speeding and yet the car smells like smoked weed? have you ever come across this? how did you handle it? did you bag alot of people for smoking weed? or did you let most of them go?

serious questions, i want serious answers. thanks bro
      06-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #40
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
Ok. Here's mine. Would a cop pull over the nicer car of the two if they were both going, say, 43 in a 35?
depends what the cop is after.

if he's simply running traffic for the next 8 hours handing out citations, he'll probably go for the nicer car - because they actuall PAY tickets.

now, if he's looking foir drugs/warrants/DWI/etc, he will pull over the shitty car.....
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #41
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
So what do you do when you pull over a car for speeding and yet the car smells like smoked weed?
instantly pull them out of the car - throw cuffs on them and "detain" them. empty out their pockets, take their DL and set them in the back of your car - again, they're only being detained. tell him he's pretty much fucked and let it be VERY CLEAR that you will have his car in pieces on the side of the road if he doesn't cooperate and tell you where everything is at - because afterall, smelling weed gives the officer every right to search that vehicle without consent.

arrest and processing will come later - go get everything you can find in that car - tear it the FUCK UP !!!! LOL !!!

p.s.
when the wrecker driver shows up, he'll take all the parts and pieces that you pulled off of the car during your search and throw them inside of the car.

Quote:
have you ever come across this?
yes, dude had a baggie stacked inside of a DVD movie case - BLOW

Quote:
how did you handle it?
read first response.

Quote:
did you bag alot of people for smoking weed?
i bagged him. went to jail on Class B i believe because of the amount he had.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #42
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
yes, because that's nasty - it's like getting spit at, which is another assault charge on the suspect.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #43
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dth656 View Post
questions:
-what % of PD are corrupt?
i would say corrupt is a fairly bropad statement, but i would say less than 20% (of that corruptness you see on TV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dth656 View Post
-what % of internal investigations actually lead to corrupt cops being put in jail (or is it usually swept under the rug)?
it's not swept under the rug. its get dealt with but it gets dealt with internally.

no big agency wants a PR nightmare to go public.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #44
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by express705 View Post
did you know that the crown vic is 1 second slower in reverse (0-60) than in drive?

top speed in reverse is 63 in your cruiser too. test it, with your bullshit "calibrated" speedometer.
no, but i did get pulled in my 2006 Crown Vic by my buddy in a 2006 Tiburon GT from a 35 roll.....

those were great times.....
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread