BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

01-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Question Anyone with Lux/Angelibright + brighter coding

Hey Guys

Anyone with Lux, Angelibright or other angel eye options running them with brighter coding? Currently in the market for a set, and have angels coded to be brighter from factory.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExclusivSTS View Post
Hey Guys

Anyone with Lux, Angelibright or other angel eye options running them with brighter coding? Currently in the market for a set, and have angels coded to be brighter from factory.
I wouldn't suggest it.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExclusivSTS View Post
Hey Guys

Wouldn't recommended it as it could possibly damage the DriverPacks in long term use.

Either way, there would be no additional light output.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
two+2
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP Grey Black

Was wondering the same thing, interesting The Tech is recommending against it. Is it because its untested? Or do you foresee some type of hardware limitation from the aftermarket LED angel eye vendors?

From what I recall the thread about coding in brighter angel eyes, it worked on the GP Thunder bulbs (non LED).

EDIT - Tom from EAS answered my question.. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
THE TECH
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by two+2 View Post
Was wondering the same thing, interesting The Tech is recommending against it. Is it because its untested? Or do you foresee some type of hardware limitation from the aftermarket LED angel eye vendors?

From what I recall the thread about coding in brighter angel eyes, it worked on the GP Thunder bulbs (non LED).

EDIT - Tom from EAS answered my question.. thanks.
We've done it, heck we offer it. For stock bulbs, you are creating more heat and thus there could be ill effects down the road if you have your angel eyes on all the time as well as reduced bulb life. For LEDs, it is my understanding that the wattage and not voltage need to be increased which is not the same as what you do for the halogen units and is much more difficult with the OEM system. Just my two cents since we do the mod for customers all the time when they've requested it.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Good info
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
We've done it, heck we offer it. For stock bulbs, you are creating more heat and thus there could be ill effects down the road if you have your angel eyes on all the time as well as reduced bulb life. For LEDs, it is my understanding that the wattage and not voltage need to be increased which is not the same as what you do for the halogen units and is much more difficult with the OEM system. Just my two cents since we do the mod for customers all the time when they've requested it.
Current.