BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

05-08-2009, 05:13 AM   #375
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
I remember you mentioning something about that in a thread a while back! I should have recalled it! Think he wants to give my car a once over when he is done with your car? The guy does phenomenal work, I have seen some of his threads.

I may stop by to admire your car and meet you tomorrow, have a few things to take care of but I will do my best to be there. Theo was telling your long list of mods and you totally have us owned!
I am not even close, Albert. I don't have anything related to my drivetrain. If I had that, it may be different.

I think my wife is starting to think that I am going to have some sort of man to machine affair with my car...hearing too much of the "you love that car more than me" and "you don't look at me the way you look at M3's." I tell you, just too much drama.

OK, just kidding on my wife's comments. Over active imagination and delirium as the end of the day approaches. The funny thing is that once I pick it up, its going straight over to Xtreme Tint for the Venture Shield and tint application before making its way to Theo.

Looking forward to meeting you if you make it, Albert.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #376
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
OK, kiddies...time to unleash this beast from the dealership tomorrow.

As I mentioned earlier, time to unveil the last secret ingredient to this new M3 - Eric from Eclipse Motors in Southern California is here to detail my M3 at Edmonton BMW tomorrow. He is going in bright and early to make the M sparkle. I told him I was going to let the guys here know and if anybody wants to stop by and talk detailing with him, he said he would be happy to chat.

For anyone not familiar with his work, check this out:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239832

I'll be coming in around 12:30pm. If any of you fellow modfools happen to make it there, I would look forward to meeting you.

Harbuksh
Hey Harbuksh, I'll try to drop by and introduce myself.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #377
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
He takes 10-12hrs on a new vehicle detail. Pics to be posted later of the outcome.
I am pretty sure my brand new car took 8 hrs at least at Modern for paint correction so 10-12 is entirely possible.'

From what I was told tons of surface contamination so lots of clay work and some other weird stuff on the surface, the car has actually changed colours getting cleaned up. I suspect a lot of crap on the car from transport and poor dealership detailing. They have never heard of clay bar or polish and wax.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #378
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Eric has the quite story to tell about coming into the country and immigration. I'll let him tell it when we are there.

Glenn, looking forward to meeting you finally!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #379
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Eric has the quite story to tell about coming into the country and immigration. I'll let him tell it when we are there.

Glenn, looking forward to meeting you finally!
I dropped by at noon and hoped you would be there, sorry I was too early. I thought you might be hangin around

I taled to Faroukh about a Dinan spring set and still on b/o for another 3 weeks

Not sure how they are gonna sell kits if they have no stock at Dinan

Always interesting talking to the parts guys, some are good, some I think would rather be elsewhere

Colin at Calgary BMW would make the look foolish, that is one great parts dude !!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #380
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Sorry I missed you Glenn, I came in shortly thereafter.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #381
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Sorry I missed you Glenn, I came in shortly thereafter.
Shat, sorry man. Sorry, my bad.

How is the detailing going?

Good news is I pick the car up tomorrow, thank f'in god

Bad news I'm broke
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #382
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Ah, yes....I can relate. When you see the dollar climbing, you start to think that it would be nice to pick up any other mods that you may have been thinking of doing. Honestly, if by some wierd stoke of luck the dollar continues to climb, I may consider doing the rear brakes as well.

The detailing is LONG...wow. But Eric is honestly THE man when it comes to detailing. There was acutally a scratch on my hood which occurred at the dealership since I last went to drool over the car and now. Eric meticulously corrected it. We will be back there tomorrow at 8:30AM working out of the Mini delivery room. Most of the car is soaking in Swissvax as we speak. The passenger side will be inspected and adjusted for scratches tomorrow and then waxed as well for three hours. The wax will be removed and then a sealant applied. Serious amount of elbow grease involved and above all else, a good eye.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #383
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Ah, yes....I can relate. When you see the dollar climbing, you start to think that it would be nice to pick up any other mods that you may have been thinking of doing. Honestly, if by some wierd stoke of luck the dollar continues to climb, I may consider doing the rear brakes as well.

The detailing is LONG...wow. But Eric is honestly THE man when it comes to detailing. There was acutally a scratch on my hood which occurred at the dealership since I last went to drool over the car and now. Eric meticulously corrected it. We will be back there tomorrow at 8:30AM working out of the Mini delivery room. Most of the car is soaking in Swissvax as we speak. The passenger side will be inspected and adjusted for scratches tomorrow and then waxed as well for three hours. The wax will be removed and then a sealant applied. Serious amount of elbow grease involved and above all else, a good eye.
Man, that guy is an artist, no one appreciates it besides a few of us geeks

Wish I could have lined things up but never good timing.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #384
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Shat, sorry man. Sorry, my bad.

How is the detailing going?

Good news is I pick the car up tomorrow, thank f'in god

Bad news I'm broke
Oh so I am not the only one now? You probably could have done the stroker engine with what modern charged you!

Let us know how your AA software is! I assume it is back if you are getting your car.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #385
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

Quote:

Ya that is a seriously time consuming job but I too would do it just to see the finished product, the cars look amazing after. Did you ever say what all your specs were? What color did you go with anyways?

Sorry I could'nt make yesterday, my nephew was in from out of town and being the good uncle I am I took him shopping for his Bday and so on. We all have to meet really soon.

Now that the $ is rising I am going to pull the trigger on the AVS F7's. Platinum black is going to look amazing!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #386
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 AW M3 6MT

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Anyone have a recommendation on a good tire shop in town? Thanks in advance.
      05-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #387
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP AY/SS 6MT

The guys at Fastech on 4726 97 Street have been pretty helpful with me before. Granted, I haven't needed their services for a few years now. I usually order online and let the dealer put things together for me.
      05-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #388
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 AW M3 6MT

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolo View Post
The guys at Fastech on 4726 97 Street have been pretty helpful with me before. Granted, I haven't needed their services for a few years now. I usually order online and let the dealer put things together for me.
Where do you order online from? Tirerack.com?
      05-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #389
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP AY/SS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentanyl View Post
I've found tirerack to have some fantastic prices and even after currency exchange and taxes/duties. It's still significantly cheaper then local. If you want to order within Canada though, 1010tires is good as well and their shipping was fairly quick.
      05-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #390
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've found tirerack to have some fantastic prices and even after currency exchange and taxes/duties. It's still significantly cheaper then local. If you want to order within Canada though, 1010tires is good as well and their shipping was fairly quick.
I am down with 1010tires. Just ordered the Pirelli PZeros from them. I find it hard to beat them on pricing. Pretty much order my tires from them all the time.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #391
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

It is done!!!!!!!!

Detail completed. Beat a slight drizzle and raced down to Xtreme Tinting (the guy who does all the tint and Venture Shield for Bavaria). Oh yeah, he also did a complete wrap on a Lambo Murcielago 640, which I was able to check out...phenomenal job. So, on Sunday and Monday he is going to Venture that puppy right up.

Pics of the detail process to come very shortly. Eric was nice enough to install my 20K HID Angel eyes and smoked reflectors...I let the pics speak for themselves. Eric takes way better pictures than me...hey if the car was a tooth I would have it made. Anyhoo, I should have something up later tonite.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #392
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Anyone have a recommendation on a good tire shop in town? Thanks in advance.
Fastech does Toyos and takes care of your rims. Good guys, on the southside ask for Cal
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #393
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
Ya that is a seriously time consuming job but I too would do it just to see the finished product, the cars look amazing after. Did you ever say what all your specs were? What color did you go with anyways?

Sorry I could'nt make yesterday, my nephew was in from out of town and being the good uncle I am I took him shopping for his Bday and so on. We all have to meet really soon.

Now that the $ is rising I am going to pull the trigger on the AVS F7's. Platinum black is going to look amazing!

Yeah

I got the Neez on today, smokin'
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #394
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yeah use the Tirerack link off the tires section of M3post that way the link will show a sale if you go ahead with it

Good to support the sponsors

I bought my Winter tires there, great service
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #395
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It is done!!!!!!!!

Detail completed. Beat a slight drizzle and raced down to Xtreme Tinting (the guy who does all the tint and Venture Shield for Bavaria). Oh yeah, he also did a complete wrap on a Lambo Murcielago 640, which I was able to check out...phenomenal job. So, on Sunday and Monday he is going to Venture that puppy right up.

Pics of the detail process to come very shortly. Eric was nice enough to install my 20K HID Angel eyes and smoked reflectors...I let the pics speak for themselves. Eric takes way better pictures than me...hey if the car was a tooth I would have it made. Anyhoo, I should have something up later tonite.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 01:21 AM   #396
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Jeez, impatient crowd...lol. I am sure Eric's pictures will be a lot better. We were kind of rushed near the end as the dealership needed the Mini delivery bay back and we were a little bit past our best before date. Coupled with the ominous clouds overhead, we had to wrap it up quickly.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0