BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Mporium BMW

10-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #133
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoIam View Post
haha there are actually some 1 lovers I do find a little funny. As I have said before I like both the 1 and the 3 and could get either one.

My point has always been that it would not be such a bad thing if it did weight 200lbs less or handled better. It might signal a change in how BMW is looking at there cars. I never ever (for myself that is) tried to be holier then thou.

The part that I don’t get is such a resistance to think the other way on some of the cars possible virtues. The possibly better brakes, the hope (even though little at this point) that BMW could actually produce something smaller and lighter and the nice fact on top of that is it maybe cheaper as well.

Those are the only points, no matter how hopeful; I for one would like to see BMW succeed at. But if others here don’t want that, that’s fine, but post a real reason why other then it’s ugly.
Bro if it did handle like a champ and weigh 200lbs less, like it should because the 1 series chassis is noticably smaller than the 3 series, then fine. It is what it is which would be a nimble, fast, impressive vehicle thats tailored to the younger crowd.

BUT ITS NOT! I'm not an engineer, I dont know why the car weighs so much. All the reviews contradict the claims of future 1 series owners who continually post information that is incorrect. Yes its smaller so one might assume its this amazing track car, but wheres the proof? Yes the fact that the car comes with 6 pot brakes is awesome, but its not like the brakes on the 335 is garbage and if you wanted to upgrade you can at anytime from one of these vendors.
      10-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #134
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Bro if it did handle like a champ and weigh 200lbs less, like it should because the 1 series chassis is noticably smaller than the 3 series, then fine. It is what it is which would be a nimble, fast, impressive vehicle thats tailored to the younger crowd.

BUT ITS NOT! I'm not an engineer, I dont know why the car weighs so much. All the reviews contradict the claims of future 1 series owners who continually post information that is incorrect. Yes its smaller so one might assume its this amazing track car, but wheres the proof? Yes the fact that the car comes with 6 pot brakes is awesome, but its not like the brakes on the 335 is garbage and if you wanted to upgrade you can at anytime from one of these vendors.
Did you miss this part of my post:

the hope (even though little at this point) that BMW could actually produce something smaller and lighter

I know its not and said so. The point of the post is that I was saying it would have been a good thing if it was. It would have meant BMW was changing the way its looking at cars a little. Thats all.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 11:08 AM   #135
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoIam View Post
Did you miss this part of my post:

the hope (even though little at this point) that BMW could actually produce something smaller and lighter

I know its not and said so. The point of the post is that I was saying it would have been a good thing if it was. It would have meant BMW was changing the way its looking at cars a little. Thats all.
No I read it. I was just trying to explain the reason for all of the hostility going on right now over the car.

Can you imagine how bad ass it woulda been for them to make 1 series like an E30ish car? Thats what a lot of people were hoping.
      10-30-2007, 11:34 AM   #136
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:

Can you imagine how bad ass it woulda been for them to make 1 series like an E30ish car? Thats what a lot of people were hoping.
Yeah but those days are over.

The Tii might help if it comes out but its to boy racer for me.

I'll just have to hold onto my E36.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #137
FinInk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 Celica, Wanting 335i

Quote:
lol, why's he a hater? Cause he speaks the truth and 1 series guys dont want to hear it?
lmao and he's opinions, speculations, and beliefs when he hasn't driven the 1 either is the truth also? No one has driven the car yet (including the 1 lovers), so you know what? We can SPECULATE all we want. It isn't hurting anyone (except a few people's egos) so let it be, thats what a forum is about. If you guys dont care then why did you guys hijack this thread?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 08:38 AM   #138
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinInk View Post
lmao and he's opinions, speculations, and beliefs when he hasn't driven the 1 either is the truth also? No one has driven the car yet (including the 1 lovers), so you know what? We can SPECULATE all we want. It isn't hurting anyone (except a few people's egos) so let it be, thats what a forum is about. If you guys dont care then why did you guys hijack this thread?
+5

I love the speculation, it gives insight into how some people perceive the world. You'll be abale to go back and read all the wrong assumptions and make fun of people
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 11:23 AM   #139
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
+5

I love the speculation, it gives insight into how some people perceive the world. You'll be abale to go back and read all the wrong assumptions and make fun of people
Like your assumptions?