BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

05-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
jkr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 cpe

has anyones car taken this long???

OK, here is the story:

I ordered the car originally in february when I was on deployment. It was ordered through military sales and the dealer I had to use was superior motors in bahrain. The car went into production beginning of April at which point I sent them a check. Because of that silly volcano the check somehow got lost. By the time we resent the check it finally got there Sunday the 2nd of this month. Until that point the car was in the awaiting shipment status. The dealer in Bahrain was supposed to release the funds to BMWAG who in turn were supposed to ship the car. As of today, the 800 number and website both still list the car as awaiting transport and after talking with customer service of BMWUSA they have no visibility on the car. The dealer says he gets an updated "list" every monday and will be able to tell me what the status is at that point. So, the question is: has anyones car taken this long before? Whats the longest anyones car has been at port awaiting a shipment vessel? This is all amplified because I came down on more orders getting deployed again in late June. I HAVE to get this silly car before then.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Ok, so I called the 800 number today and got a "in transit" message finally. Whats the lag time for updating the 800 number? Also, anyone know what the latest boat to leave was and when its due for the east coast?

Last edited by jkr; 05-15-2010 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0