BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

06-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #23
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
There you go, that $8 toll is exactly what I mean, it's $6 if you have a MD EZPass...

but you did get the discounted rate ($5.54) on the Bronx Whitestone bridge, so your EZPass is from a NY authority, right? My NJ EZPass would be $8 for that BWB.....
Those Scum bags. Yea my EZ pass is from NY. At least I save on the GW or I would have a sh*t fit
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 01:04 PM   #24
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Those Scum bags. Yea my EZ pass is from NY. At least I save on the GW or I would have a sh*t fit
I really think EZPass is EZPass, no matter where it was issued, except for commuter plans (where you have to go x number per month), all tagholders should get a discount if it exists....I felt robbed coming back over the Verrazano and then getting hit with a $16 cash rate....

(riddle me this, there's a bridge in MD parallel to I-95 called the Hatem Memorial. It used to be you could pay $10 for a decal, and use it for one year, unlimited. It went to EZPass, and today, it's also $6 or $8 each time, just like I-95. How does that work? The math is mind-boggling. lol)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 01:08 PM   #25
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Quote:
I really think EZPass is EZPass, no matter where it was issued, except for commuter plans (where you have to go x number per month), all tagholders should get a discount if it exists....I felt robbed coming back over the Verrazano and then getting hit with a $16 cash rate....

(riddle me this, there's a bridge in MD parallel to I-95 called the Hatem Memorial. It used to be you could pay $10 for a decal, and use it for one year, unlimited. It went to EZPass, and today, it's also $6 or $8 each time, just like I-95. How does that work? The math is mind-boggling. lol)
Dam $16 on the Verrazano I would have been pissed. That one hurts.
I swear man they should have this sh*t on help me howard or some news media.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #26
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Have you guys seen how some people try to avoid paying up...

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 01:28 PM   #27
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

I love the bolt cutters....

It's amazing how innocent people act when they're caught. No lie, the trailer hitch bike rack with no bikes annoys me. Even with bikes the plate should not be obstructed.
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2016, 03:59 PM   #28
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
I love the bolt cutters....

It's amazing how innocent people act when they're caught. No lie, the trailer hitch bike rack with no bikes annoys me. Even with bikes the plate should not be obstructed.
How dare you!! I'm reducing my carbon foot print by driving my bike to the trail with my 510 hp Range Rover.

Actually, the only time i use the toll road is to drive to the bike trail that runs parallel to it. (i'd ride on the road but apparently people hate that more than people not paying for tolls) I didn't realize i was getting away with anything until i got a bill in the mail for the time that i was on it without the bike. You can see the plate with the bike mounted on it. But i guess when viewed from above, maybe you can't. Or there really is a 100% bike discount.
      06-20-2016, 04:11 PM   #29
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Have you guys seen how some people try to avoid paying up...

I saw an ad for this stuff in a car magazine:

https://www.phantomplate.com/
      06-20-2016, 04:50 PM   #30
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
How dare you!! I'm reducing my carbon foot print by driving my bike to the trail with my 510 hp Range Rover.

Actually, the only time i use the toll road is to drive to the bike trail that runs parallel to it. (i'd ride on the road but apparently people hate that more than people not paying for tolls) I didn't realize i was getting away with anything until i got a bill in the mail for the time that i was on it without the bike. You can see the plate with the bike mounted on it. But i guess when viewed from above, maybe you can't. Or there really is a 100% bike discount.
As long as the RR has cylinder management and can decouple the AWD when it's not needed (this should get the highway mpgs to 14-15 or maybe 12) I think you are doing your part! Try not to always use premium....
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2016, 04:55 PM   #31
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
I do know PTC is the PA Turnpike, and DRJTBC might be the Rt. 1 bridge in Trenton, because that's $1....

On the subject of IL....when we were visiting relatives in Chicago last July I paid $44 for 2 1/2 hours of parking downtown, and felt angry....that was before I had heard of ParkWhiz (I only used something called Icon parking so call me out of it). Had a great experience with ParkWhiz where I paid for an oversize surcharge, but the attendant didn't charge me, i.e. paid more through the app than it would have cost without the app. They put a $10 credit on my sign-on that I had forgotten about, which gave me free parking in DC!

Anyway in Chicago ParkWhiz turns the $44 < 3 hours into $25 for all day, not a bad app....
Ach, you're right. I forgot about the tolls in PA on our way back. Hence the larger amount. I was trying to figure out why I had such a large toll amount in NJ. Duh.

Thanks for the tip on ParkWhiz. We recently stayed at the Sheraton on the Chicago River and I had to pay $60/day to park there. Never moved my car. Cost me $300 for the 5 days. Oy.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 11:14 AM   #32
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

You have to pay to drive on the road, or across a bridge, EACH TIME????

I pay each time I fill up the tank . . .
Appreciate 0