BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

Mporium BMW

03-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
redline9001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5, G14 F150

Not all cops are BAD....

Well with all the cops are hating dicks and unfair threads of late.... I guess I just found the the only nice one in North America

I was just out in the M after getting my ESS tune back after the dealer over wrote it last week. I was just testing to make sure everything was Ok.

After the test I went around a corner and looked in my rear view to have a view full of red and blue lights...

After a long talk with the officer, she came back with a WARNING only and not even a ticket..... When I could be phoning lawyers right now... I am typing on the Internet with my wallet in tact.

So I guess let's be nice to cops this month cause I know I am going to be
      03-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
canadian stig
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

just got a ticket from a pig for no front plate a mere few days after i bought my m3 last week. no, not all of them are dicks, but most of them are.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
BYOB
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i RWD MT

how can u not get tagged for no front plate? :S
      04-01-2012, 01:30 AM   #5
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

Same thing happened to me last month, it was my first time being pulled over. Scared the shit outta me. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Awesome OP! There are definitely some nicer cops around. I got lucky once as well. Got caught and just got a warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYOB View Post
how can u not get tagged for no front plate? :S
In AB we don't need front plate.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
frenchM3dreamer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder GTP

i found that if you have a clean licence, cops will let you go more easily... i got away with speeding and a little drifting once in the Stony Plain / 170 St intersection
then one of them gave me a ticket on Hwy 2, and it was all downhill from there cant really blame the cops though, except for that first one because he was really an ass...

glad you got away with just a warning...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
BYOB
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i RWD MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Awesome OP! There are definitely some nicer cops around. I got lucky once as well. Got caught and just got a warning.

In AB we don't need front plate.
Oh....lucky...
      04-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

there a few great cops out there. in my experience, there are also a lot of dickheads. and then...there's these guys:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...-a-free-pizza/

personally, if I broke the law I deserve to be punished and the cop is entitled to write me a ticket. no hard feelings. but I do hold it against you if you're an ass, or if you think you're above the law yourself. FHP in my observation are some of the most dangerous drivers out there but they love to get self righteous about dangerous speeding
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #10
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Convertible

So let me see if I understand this correctly; if a cop issues you a summons for violating the law he is a pig, dickhead, douche-bag, etc. But if he gives you a warning he is good guy, hero, great cop, etc.

Does the same logic apply to robbery, rape, murder?
      04-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #11
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
So let me see if I understand this correctly; if a cop issues you a summons for violating the law he is a pig, dickhead, douche-bag, etc. But if he gives you a warning he is good guy, hero, great cop, etc.

Does the same logic apply to robbery, rape, murder?
are you saying robbery and rape are the same as having a slightly dark tint, no front plate, or going a few km/h over the speed limit???????????????

The issue here is that certain law enforcement operations are more about revenue generation than about public safety, e.g. speed traps/cellphone law/stunt driving, etc.. How often do we hear police departments whine and complain in the aftermath of a crime that they don't have sufficient manpower/resources/funding to protect the public, yet when it comes time to write parking or traffic citations, there is no shortage of cops equipped with the latest technology to ticket you.

Certainly we as taxpayers who hire and employ these people and pay them their bloated and generous salaries/overtime/benefits should receive an explanation as to whether we are getting good value for our money from the police or not? Are they working to protect the public or are they taking the easy route and just padding the pockets of the city, along with their own?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #12
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Then there was this officer hiding behind the oak tree with his radar gun when this nice lady came speeding up the road he had to stop her.

The Officer said to the Lady as she rolled her window down "I've been waiting for you all day"

Lady replied to the Officer in a cool voice "Officer I came as fast as I could"

After the officer had his & he let her go with a warning.

Yes let's be nice to they only do there jobs.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #13
redline9001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5, G14 F150

^^ lol that is funny
      04-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #15
dm1628
Rep
Drives: 2020 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
are you saying robbery and rape are the same as having a slightly dark tint, no front plate, or going a few km/h over the speed limit???????????????

The issue here is that certain law enforcement operations are more about revenue generation than about public safety, e.g. speed traps/cellphone law/stunt driving, etc.. How often do we hear police departments whine and complain in the aftermath of a crime that they don't have sufficient manpower/resources/funding to protect the public, yet when it comes time to write parking or traffic citations, there is no shortage of cops equipped with the latest technology to ticket you
No, rape, murder, and robbery are not comparable in their nature to speeding or other traffic offenses, however neither are the punishments handed down for rape, murder, and robbery comparable to those handed down for traffic offenses.

Laws prohibiting behaviors such as speeding, talking or texting while driving, and reckless driving are present for public safety. I think that we can all agree that the three actions that you named either present an inherent safety risk while driving and increase the likelihood and/or severity of a motor vehicle incident. They are used to discourage those behaviors and provide punishment for those who do not conform to the law and jeopardize the safety of others.

If you don't like a law, write your elected officials and work to have the law changed. After all, democracy only works when people actively participate and make their needs and desires known.

The purposes of these laws have little to do with creating revenue, even if that is a byproduct of the law. If you are that upset about being charged a fine, you could argue to change the law to imprison you for driving offenses instead of charging you a fine.

2008 BMW 135i Black Sapphire Metallic with Coral Red interior. (sold at 135K)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #16
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1628 View Post
No, rape, murder, and robbery are not comparable in their nature to speeding or other traffic offenses, however neither are the punishments handed down for rape, murder, and robbery comparable to those handed down for traffic offenses.

Laws prohibiting behaviors such as speeding, talking or texting while driving, and reckless driving are present for public safety. I think that we can all agree that the three actions that you named either present an inherent safety risk while driving and increase the likelihood and/or severity of a motor vehicle incident. They are used to discourage those behaviors and provide punishment for those who do not conform to the law and jeopardize the safety of others.

If you don't like a law, write your elected officials and work to have the law changed. After all, democracy only works when people actively participate and make their needs and desires known.

The purposes of these laws have little to do with creating revenue, even if that is a byproduct of the law. If you are that upset about being charged a fine, you could argue to change the law to imprison you for driving offenses instead of charging you a fine.
while i agree with you about reckless or distracted driving, you can't possibly tell me that laws about speed, window tint, front license plate, loud exhaust, etc have anything to do with public safety. just look at the autobahn; no speed limits yet they have less accidents and fatalities than our highways. maybe because they actually know how to drive, and not just move a car from point A to point B.

As for your point about how "democracy" works, if you're naive enough to actually believe we have any kind of democracy at all, then you should know that no public official from any political party will do anything to amend those traffic laws. Why should they when it brings millions of dollars a year into their coffers?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #17
stephen bettencourt
e46 m3 nut
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 e46 m3

IF you are doing some thing realy stupid but simple stuff we are all human we make mistakes just like officers & to give you a ticket some small offence then the insurance jump in and take their share , I heard LA NY MONTERAL togeather write less tickets than ontario
Appreciate 0