BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

12-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #45
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

one US one day
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #46
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

that pisses me off. As stated, the US is the biggest market for ///M cars and we don't even get a specific dealership? Way to keep the customers happy...
      12-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #47
M-Power111
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW....yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
that pisses me off. As stated, the US is the biggest market for ///M cars and we don't even get a specific dealership? Way to keep the customers happy...
but arent they already happy? just sayin.

BMW=
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #48
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Yes the US is the biggest market (currently) for M. But when yearly figures are taken into consideration when you compare the US against growing markets for M. Such as China, Russia , Brazil and Singapore the sales rise in the US pales in comparison , these countries are increasing by around 200-300%. It makes more sense to capitalize on this by focusing the brand to the specific customer in a seperate environment. The M customer in developing markets is far younger than other key markets. The new M5 for example arrives in Asia in January and is expected to be another sign of growth for BMW M in these markets.

At the end of last year , the sales increase in China - over 300% brought the decision forward to launch the M5 Concept Car in Shanghai last April. Expect another M world Premiere @ Beijing in April.

In the US. M is already established and has been for decades , it is less so in developing markets.
What the US will see is M specific designated areas in the current showrooms, but M specific dealers are not needed.
      12-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #49
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Yes the US is the biggest market (currently) for M. But when yearly figures are taken into consideration when you compare the US against growing markets for M. Such as China, Russia , Brazil and Singapore the sales rise in the US pales in comparison , these countries are increasing by around 200-300%. It makes more sense to capitalize on this by focusing the brand to the specific customer in a seperate environment. The M customer in developing markets is far younger than other key markets. The new M5 for example arrives in Asia in January and is expected to be another sign of growth for BMW M in these markets.

At the end of last year , the sales increase in China - over 300% brought the decision forward to launch the M5 Concept Car in Shanghai last April. Expect another M world Premiere @ Beijing in April.

In the US. M is already established and has been for decades , it is less so in developing markets.
What the US will see is M specific designated areas in the current showrooms, but M specific dealers are not needed.
Nothing against you Scott, but perhaps BMW needs to redo these "surveys" as to who is buying M cars. I'm 23 and in my group of friends (20-25 year olds) 8 of us own M cars and another 3 own Non-M BMWs. Granted some of them had their parents purchase the car for them, but myself and a few others bought it ourselves.

Having BMW say oh hey, you guys are already established as M owners and enthusiasts, so we don't need to cater to you is a slap to our face in my opinion.
      12-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #50
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Still Scott it would be nice to have at least one in North America it would underscore the point to excising and future Customers what a great car is being produced in the ///M Division

Happy Holiday and a Safe and Healthy New Year!

Add your handle here to the Bimmerpost Staff for a Group Wish ===> CLICK for they provide and maintain this fine space for all of us ... Best Forum on the Net!

Sharing this with all of you as well ===> Everyone is singing the new song Last Christmas it seams

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #51
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nothing against you Scott, but perhaps BMW needs to redo these "surveys" as to who is buying M cars. I'm 23 and in my group of friends (20-25 year olds) 8 of us own M cars and another 3 own Non-M BMWs. Granted some of them had their parents purchase the car for them, but myself and a few others bought it ourselves.

Having BMW say oh hey, you guys are already established as M owners and enthusiasts, so we don't need to cater to you is a slap to our face in my opinion.
On my next trip to Germany (summer 2012) I will seek the leader of the ///M Division and have a chat with him in German to see if I can change there mind This is my third M3 and my second one I purchased this year I do love the car.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #52
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

An exclusive M dealership is costly to setup. Selling M cars exclusively means there are less numbers to help the bottom line, hence higher profit margin is required. U guys pay peanuts for your M cars, so u can't reasonably expect one. Frankly, i rather have cheaper M cars than an exclusive M dealership anyday of the week. Which do u prefer?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #53
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
An exclusive M dealership is costly to setup. Selling M cars exclusively means there are less numbers to help the bottom line, hence higher profit margin is required. U guys pay peanuts for your M cars, so u can't reasonably expect one. Frankly, i rather have cheaper M cars than an exclusive M dealership anyday of the week. Which do u prefer?
I do agree, however, as a business man I spend money to make money it has worked well for me during my business life and I am certain it works for BMW as well.

Opening a ///M Exclusive Dealership in North America can only benefit IMHO the BMW AG Organization and should add only a very minute cast if any to our future car prices.

I find that Mercedes is building more and more modern dealerships (there is one on Highway 403 in Ontario). I think BMW as far as the high end ///M Division cars are concerned would do wise to have one in North America.

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 02:50 AM   #54
Rmitchell248
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3

You guys all already have M cars but you want an m dealer. BMW wants to build M dealers so that people who do not have an M yet can go purchase one and get hooked on the brand. Not so that people who already have one can go drool all over the cars on the way home from work and not buy anything.

No one on this forum needs an M dealer because they are already well aware of the brand. Anyone that cannot see this is lead by emotion rather than logical thinking.

Logical thinking will help to expand the market and emotion will build a dealership where it's not needed so the few buyers can try to buy the cars at $1000 under invoice while the rest come to get a free coffee in the BMW they bought elsewhere for cheaper.

The US M market is flooded with middle income buyers, many that can't afford the car but extend to anyhow. Places where the M dealerships are located are set up to cater towards higher income people that need persuasion because their money can go many places and may not know what they really want. The fancy cars and show rooms will make them feel special and feel like they need to spend their money at the M dealer in order to hold their image up.

If you were in business would you spend your money to build a showroom to try and pull in cash buyers at full retail in a new promising market or in an area that people are already willing to go bankrupt to buy your product at the lowest cost possible?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #55
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
You guys all already have M cars but you want an m dealer. BMW wants to build M dealers so that people who do not have an M yet can go purchase one and get hooked on the brand. Not so that people who already have one can go drool all over the cars on the way home from work and not buy anything.

No one on this forum needs an M dealer because they are already well aware of the brand. Anyone that cannot see this is lead by emotion rather than logical thinking.

Logical thinking will help to expand the market and emotion will build a dealership where it's not needed so the few buyers can try to buy the cars at $1000 under invoice while the rest come to get a free coffee in the BMW they bought elsewhere for cheaper.

The US M market is flooded with middle income buyers, many that can't afford the car but extend to anyhow. Places where the M dealerships are located are set up to cater towards higher income people that need persuasion because their money can go many places and may not know what they really want. The fancy cars and show rooms will make them feel special and feel like they need to spend their money at the M dealer in order to hold their image up.

If you were in business would you spend your money to build a showroom to try and pull in cash buyers at full retail in a new promising market or in an area that people are already willing to go bankrupt to buy your product at the lowest cost possible?
Good points. As a M owner, it really doesn't excite me much to have a dedicated M dealer here. While i am hoping that the service experience might be better due to less volume, it has no effect on whether i will buy the next M model cos i am already a convert. I don't go hanging out in the dedicated M dealer except for some marketing event worth attending and very rarely i might add. It's all buzz and not really such a big deal especially if u are a real M nut.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #56
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

When profitability is taken into the matter. The US does not stand up against profit margins from China, Singapore , Brazil , Russia and India.

Because they are relatively new markets the focus is on developing them to become key markets in the future and that involves establishing the brand in these countries.

The US is already established , a US M customer knows the M philosophy and history and will always be a key market , but in business you have to look at everything including political and economic matters.
And these countries show that there is potential growth for any luxury auto manufacturer.
If you take the BMW X6M for example. The US was expected to be the largest market for the M Sport Activity Coupe. But it is Russia , Middle East China and Brazil which are ahead of the US for the X6M.
      12-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #57
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Well I guess you Fellows convinced me we do not need a M Dealership in North America, we can always see the latest and greatest at the yearly International Auto Show ... where BTW when asking the Floor Manager in Toronto last spring at the International Auto Show "What kind of tires are on this M3"? He replied "Run Flat Tires" I just walked away thinking to myself forgive him for he may be just starting a new job.

Appreciate 0