BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

10-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

BMW apps and MOG. When is it coming?

I read in Roundel that BMW has approved MOG for music streaming via BMW apps.
Just wondering if anyone knows when it's going to happen?
I have Spotify now, but will switch if this happens.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Announced today.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Thanks. What do we have to do to get it installed? Just have the app on the phone?
I could never get Pandora to operate properly and it's suppose to be supported.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #4
piloto
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 - AW/FR

I just loaded this app and it is FANTASTIC! It's $9.99/month (you need the $9.99 version for mobile applications), but holy cow, I can call up just about any song, any artist, any album, with super high clarity.

I don't have the snap-in adapter for the iphone yet, but it works just fine with the apple supplied usb cable. Just plug it in, run the app, it takes a second or two and "BMW" appears on the app's home screen and you get full feauture through iDrive. I'm really impressed with this app and how it interfaces with iDrive. It absolutely blows away Pandora. Well worth the $10/mo imo.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
piloto
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Thanks. What do we have to do to get it installed? Just have the app on the phone?
I could never get Pandora to operate properly and it's suppose to be supported.
If you have 6NR, all you should need to do is plug the phone in via usb (or snap-in), run the app, give it a second or two until "BMW" appears on the app's home screen, and then you'll have full control through iDrive. For whatever reason, if you run the app and get a song playing, and then connect it to the car, it plays the song through the car's system, but comes up screwy on the screen. Same situation for MOG.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Going to have to switch from Spotify. Can you call up songs via voice command? That would be pretty good.
THANK YOU!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
piloto
Captain
Rep

That I'm not sure of. Haven't tried it yet. Will try later this weekend and let you know, although not sure that it will work.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #8
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

tired it....its cool on the comp.....but since I signed on using my Facebook account, for some reason the USER/PAss wont work on my iphone APP....WTF????
      11-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #9
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

I hate Facebook sign in. Is that the only way to sign in for MOG?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #10
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Going to have to switch from Spotify. Can you call up songs via voice command? That would be pretty good.
THANK YOU!!!
Nope.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #11
Brenzo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Does anyone know if there is a way to avoid the app (and thus music) from closing and stopping when you want to check a text message or your email. It's annoying that apps can run in the background fine when it's just your phone, but with BMW Apps it just won't work.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #12
Stallion150
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

MOG works pretty good..im impressed. have you guys noticed sometimes on the ipod if you switch to the next time there's a momentary delay before the cover art loads and sometimes it won't switch?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
Hurricane
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 C63 507

Garage List
2012 E92 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
I just loaded this app and it is FANTASTIC! It's $9.99/month (you need the $9.99 version for mobile applications), but holy cow, I can call up just about any song, any artist, any album, with super high clarity.

I don't have the snap-in adapter for the iphone yet, but it works just fine with the apple supplied usb cable. Just plug it in, run the app, it takes a second or two and "BMW" appears on the app's home screen and you get full feauture through iDrive. I'm really impressed with this app and how it interfaces with iDrive. It absolutely blows away Pandora. Well worth the $10/mo imo.
I just did the same thing. It blows Pandora away and is well worth the 9.99 a month!
Appreciate 0