BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

05-01-2014, 02:26 AM   #1
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Rear Cup Holder Uninstall/Install HELP

I already have the rear cup holders in my M3 but the cover has a few scratches on it. Since I bought the car a few months ago Im thinking I should replace the scratched trim (I know the longer I have the car the less I will worry about this, especially since the misses Scottish Terrier is going to be the only passenger in the back LoL).

I was just wondering if anybody had installed or replaced the rear cup holders and could give me some tips on how to uninstall/install the piece of trim. I really don't know where to start.

Thanks
      05-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
LucWerkz
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo-T View Post
I already have the rear cup holders in my M3 but the cover has a few scratches on it. Since I bought the car a few months ago Im thinking I should replace the scratched trim (I know the longer I have the car the less I will worry about this, especially since the misses Scottish Terrier is going to be the only passenger in the back LoL).

I was just wondering if anybody had installed or replaced the rear cup holders and could give me some tips on how to uninstall/install the piece of trim. I really don't know where to start.

Thanks
Can you post pictures of what you're talking about? I don't remember the E92 M3 having any cup holders in the back, just a small compartment with a sliding cover in the center.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
VtecforV8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 6MT

I think he's talking about this: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=151199&page=2

Looks great, but like OP, I have no idea whether it's easy to install.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #4
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

This is what they look like in the car.
Attached Images

05-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #5
LucWerkz
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo-T View Post
This is what they look like in the car.

I believe it's held on by six screws. You'd have to take off the center console in order to access them. Similar to removing the cigarette lighter compartment.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #6
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Anyone have a DIY for this??
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #7
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Ive asked around, and I don't think you have to undo any screws. I think the rear cup just pop out( I think you just have to lever them out) and the new ones pop in. I will let you know when I receive my cup holders from ECS. They are currently in Chicago on their way to Australia.