BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

05-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
dapaine
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

ipod/iphone plug questions

Hey guys,

I bought an 08 M3 and it has the ipod and usb adapter option. Unfortunatly the car did not come with the cable. I have my own usb plug and an AUX cable I can use but my question is this:

What does the stock cable offer? Does it integrate the iphone music into the idrive? When I plug my phone into the USB and the AUX port it charges the phone and I can play music but I need to control the music from my iphone.

I went to the dealership to pick up something and asked about the cable, they had one but it cost $85. I have been interested in getting the adapter which goes into the arm rest and I would rather get that than buying the cable if I need to spend the money. Does anyone have one and have any options on them?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
ISAR
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW Coupe 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapaine View Post
Hey guys,

I bought an 08 M3 and it has the ipod and usb adapter option. Unfortunatly the car did not come with the cable. I have my own usb plug and an AUX cable I can use but my question is this:

What does the stock cable offer? Does it integrate the iphone music into the idrive? When I plug my phone into the USB and the AUX port it charges the phone and I can play music but I need to control the music from my iphone.

I went to the dealership to pick up something and asked about the cable, they had one but it cost $85. I have been interested in getting the adapter which goes into the arm rest and I would rather get that than buying the cable if I need to spend the money. Does anyone have one and have any options on them?

Thanks!
My car was missing the Y-cable for the ipod so I went to the dealer and they gave me one because the car was suppose to come with one.
      05-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
dapaine
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

so anyone have experience or does noone use the ipod adapter?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
flyinbrian
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

It works great and integrates the ipod into the idrive.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 02:54 AM   #5
VanM3Lover
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4.0 V8

The Y cable does not charge the iPhone. I only use my usb drive for listening to music, no music in my iPhone. Bluetooth always on so phone stays in pocket.

The usb port in the glove box has enough voltage to charge the iPhone, the one in the center arm rest does not.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 07:11 AM   #6
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

It definitey comes as part of the option in NA, but sometimes doesn't make it back in the car for delivery for a variety of reasons, none of them good. Just ask your dealer and they'll either find one, or order/send you one.
Appreciate 0