BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

08-10-2008, 02:48 AM   #23
BayAreaE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 91' 850i

Garage List
1991 850i  [7.75]
2007 328i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddai View Post
In the Bay Area, it's usually a hybrid driver "saving the world"... give me a break and get out of my way
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 03:34 AM   #24
DSe93
DANNY
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 335i AW/CR

Garage List
pisses me offff
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 04:17 AM   #25
Samuel L Jackson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

I live in the LA area, see that crap all the time. Really pisses me off when it happens at night when the other lanes are totally free and some dumb@ss going 55 MPH cuts me off. Another thing I've noticed that a lot of those people who do that drive pieces of crap.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 04:31 AM   #26
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Slow drivers in left lane!!

get the f**k out my way

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 05:06 AM   #27
TommyLi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

just tail gate them, intimidation is the key to making people do what you want
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 05:11 AM   #28
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyLi View Post
just tail gate them, intimidation is the key to making people do what you want
unless it backfires and you end up being someones bitch

like all those little cunts that think they can just flip people off like nothing will happen. "Im so safe cuz im in my car....." haha.....yea, right.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 05:15 AM   #29
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

What you do is pass them and get in front of them and go slow as hell(see how they like it), then they eventually get over .......then just speed off.
      08-10-2008, 06:12 AM   #30
tmarshall57
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530d M Sport, E87 118d M

Garage List
Its exactly the same in the UK. There are a high proportion of drivers who think they have the god given right to drive in the fast lane or hog the middle lane. I must admit though that I thought that in the US it was legal to pass on either side. Am I wrong here? Let me know as I go on holiday to the US a lot and don't want to get pulled.

Tony
F10 530d M Sport, September 2012 Individual Amazonite Silver, Oyster Dakota Leather, Auto, Nav Pro, Bluetooth + USB Devices, Expanded BMW Online, Comfort Seats, Sunroof, Sun Protection Glass Individual Satin Walnut Honey Brown Trim Interior Inside/Outside Mirror with folding and autodip, M Rear Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 06:17 AM   #31
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkishexpress View Post
Its the same in the mid atlantic region. Freaking Virginia drivers are the worst. They will take up all three lanes and match speed for as long as they could. That's why I take my bike everywhere in the summer. If they don't move I just pull up next to them, give the finger and wave goodbye as I dust'em. I know it pisses them off and its like therapy to me. Most of the time I won't even wait for them to change lanes. I just drop a couple of gears and do a fly bye. It usually scares the hell out of them and makes them swerve. No mercy for the weak or righteous on the street. I say fuk'em
Then you might be interested in the law in Virginia:

§ 46.2-856. Passing two vehicles abreast.
A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who passes or attempts to pass two other vehicles abreast, moving in the same direction, except on highways having separate roadways of three or more lanes for each direction of travel, or on designated one-way streets or highways. This section shall not apply, however, to a motor vehicle passing two other vehicles when one or both of such other vehicles is a bicycle, electric personal assistive mobility device, electric power-assisted bicycle, or moped; nor shall this section apply to a bicycle, electric personal assistive mobility device, electric power-assisted bicycle, or moped passing two other vehicles.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 06:38 AM   #32
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

It is annoying as hell. Though I don't really mind as long as I can legally some how pass their slow ass. But, most of the time they are matching the speed of the people in the slow lane so I can't change lanes or they have room to change lanes, but I don't and they know I am behind them and still won't move over.

What bugs me equally are the inconsiderate drivers on the normal two lane roads. These people can be going at or BELOW the speed limit and have a huge ass line of cars behind them and yet they won't be considerate and pull over and let the line go past them.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #33
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limited_slip View Post
I find these kind of post funny.

why is it that every driver in front of you is a dumbass and every driver behind you is an asshole?
I guess it's all relative.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #34
Mace
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarshall57 View Post
Its exactly the same in the UK. There are a high proportion of drivers who think they have the god given right to drive in the fast lane or hog the middle lane. I must admit though that I thought that in the US it was legal to pass on either side. Am I wrong here? Let me know as I go on holiday to the US a lot and don't want to get pulled.

Tony
It is illegal in most if not all states to pass on the right just as in Europe. The difference here is that the law isn't enforced. Our LE seem to focus on only two things, speed and reckles driving. While road rage gets the press, no one seems to want to do much about one of the "root" causes which, IMHO, are left lane campers. If the cops made a big point of ticketing these guy traffic would improve and road rage would probably decline.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #35
Two Sheds
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarshall57 View Post

Tony
I'm from the UK and moved to Canada 5 years ago. I remember when I lived in UK I thought that the number of middle lane drivers and fast lane hogs was on the increase, but they are still in the minority. Over here it's the majority, for almost my first year of driving I tried to stay the same as in UK that I would only pass on the outside lane, but after that I just gave up and overtake in any lane that is free now. I don't weave through tiny gaps, but I don't have any hesitation about undertaking now.

I dove in UK again last Christmas time and it was so much better than over here. It may be hard to believe (until you come over here), but the drivers in UK were so much more courteous and filled with common sense in comparison to around Toronto.

Some examples:

In uk I'm driving on the inside lane approaching a slower moving vehicle and I indicate to pull out to go past it, in general any faster vehicles coming up to overtake me would pull out another lane if possible to allow me to pull out.

Pulling on to the motorway from a slip road in the uk drivers already on the motorway tended to pull out a lane or slow down to give me a gap to pull in safely. Here people will not pull out a lane, you get a lot of people pulling into the inside lane where people are trying to join the highway and others accelerate to close the gap so you don't join ahead of them.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #36
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by avzbmveh View Post
all i gotta say is that if I'm doing 15-20 over the speed limit, then i will not move out of the way of a faster car...

but i agree that speed limit people should move for 10+ mph vehicles (at the very least)...
You're already breaking the limit by 20, so you are you to say that someone shouldn't break it by 30? Don't let your ego get in the way too much ..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #37
GregL
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 CLA45 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Sheds View Post
I'm from the UK and moved to Canada 5 years ago. I remember when I lived in UK I thought that the number of middle lane drivers and fast lane hogs was on the increase, but they are still in the minority. Over here it's the majority, for almost my first year of driving I tried to stay the same as in UK that I would only pass on the outside lane, but after that I just gave up and overtake in any lane that is free now. I don't weave through tiny gaps, but I don't have any hesitation about undertaking now.

I dove in UK again last Christmas time and it was so much better than over here. It may be hard to believe (until you come over here), but the drivers in UK were so much more courteous and filled with common sense in comparison to around Toronto.
I agree they're the absolute worst here. I find that driving out of town even to Ottawa for example is already a refreshing change when it comes to others and their driving habits. I was shocked to discover that taxis will actually give way when I indicate to change lanes on the highway there.
2006 BMW 330xi - Gone
2001 Infiniti QX4 - Gone
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #38
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limited_slip View Post
I find these kind of post funny.

why is it that every driver in front of you is a dumbass and every driver behind you is an asshole?
...Because George Carlin said so (May his soul rest in peace). With a slight variation : When you pass someone, they are assholes blocking your way. If they zip by you, they are f*cking maniacs.

I guess we all know which one of those two groups majority of us belong to
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #39
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

lol this thread cracks me up....there are a lot of slow fucks in NYC, specially big trucks that decide they have the right to use the left lane (not allowed to..middle or right lane only), and they cause traffic to back up cuse they move so damned slow.

I have been guilty of sleeping at the light a few times though...too busy watching that fine ass cross the street lol
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #40
polok with a 328
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: black on black 328i

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuVan View Post
here in los angeles
it's faster to drive in the right lane for some reason
it might be the same there
Same here in NY
Black on black 328i..Flat black with red lip 18x8.5 & 18x9 Rota SVN's..Muffler and resonator delete..Injen intake..Black kidney grilles..black headlight overlays..black roundels..20% tint..Nokya yellow fogs
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #41
Dascamel
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3, 2010 e91 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by avzbmveh View Post
all i gotta say is that if I'm doing 15-20 over the speed limit, then i will not move out of the way of a faster car...

but i agree that speed limit people should move for 10+ mph vehicles (at the very least)...
Just as ignorant as the rest....
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #42
Draman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 650i, G05 X5, Taycan turbo

People driving slow in the fast lane bothers me, but how about the guys that seem to tailgate you for no reason? You're in the fast lane, some guy comes up behind you fast as hell; you get out of their way and they just get over behind you. It's like they don't want to pass you but they really, really want to tailgate. Seems to happen a lot more often here in CT.

G05 X5 m50i Mineral White / Tartufo

Porsche Taycan Turbo Carrara White / Limestone Beige
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #43
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dascamel View Post
Just as ignorant as the rest....
ignorant? honestly it's not...

it's not law to move out of the way for a faster car...especially if you're already well above the speed limit...especially in a 5 lane freeway!
      08-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #44
quiksilver1029
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i Mineral White M-Sport

Garage List
oh yea driving on the autobahn is heaven. here in florida people have no idea what theyre doing. its not that complicated...you see a car behind you pull up close to you meaning he probably wants to pass you...the idiots probably dont even use their rearview mirror.

2015 F22 Mineral White Metallic M-Sport 228i
2007 E92 Sparkling Graphite Metallic 328i
Appreciate 0