BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #23
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
I have two kids, 9 and 7, and getting a four door was a no brainer. I take them to school every morning. Its the reason I even own the M3. As soon as I found out it came in a sedan, I ordered it... Plus, it looks great. I like the "I didnt even know they came in four door" conversations I have regularly. But, if you are contemplating a cabrio, then youre probably stuck on the looks of the coupe.
As for the wall issue, get a door protector strip. Amazon sells them. Doublesided tape sticks to the wall, no worries. I did it on mine, works great.
Good luck and have fun shopping for a new car!
      09-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #24
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
As with most coupes the doors are longer than the sedan's, so yes it will be more difficult to get out of a coupe in tight parking spaces.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #25
crypticc
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 DCT + Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
I have two kids, 9 and 7, and getting a four door was a no brainer. I take them to school every morning. Its the reason I even own the M3. As soon as I found out it came in a sedan, I ordered it... Plus, it looks great. I like the "I didnt even know they came in four door" conversations I have regularly. But, if you are contemplating a cabrio, then youre probably stuck on the looks of the coupe.
As for the wall issue, get a door protector strip. Amazon sells them. Doublesided tape sticks to the wall, no worries. I did it on mine, works great.
Good luck and have fun shopping for a new car!
You mean this? He he

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PUSH-DOOR-GUARD-PROTECTORS-STRIP/dp/B00BPARN90
Appreciate 0