BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar

07-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
esntrk1
M-Ness
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3 Alpine White

FS: Hybrid Audio Legatia SE Speaker Set for E92 M3

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I sold my M3 and removed my stereo before the sale. I invested quite a bit in audio and here are my Hybrid Audio drivers for sale. Hybrid Audio is number one in sound quality right now. That is not just my opinion. It's a fact that they are winning more IASCA sound quality competitions than any other speaker brand.

1 Set of Hybrid Audio Legatia L1 Pro R2 Tweeters
1 Set of Hybrid Audio Legatia L4SE Speakers

I bought them new from a local dealer and had them custom installed. The L1ProR2 tweeters are installed in the stock tweeter pods for the E92 M3. The tweeters are larger than the factory tweeters so that factory tweeter pods have been modified (fiberglass) and painted satin black. The tweeters are aimed off-axis so the sound is soft and beautiful.

The L4SE speakers come with carbon fiber covered trim bezels. The bezels provide a firm surface for the speaker mount (no flexing) and ensures a tight seal against the door panel.

I had these speakers configured in an active configuration powered by Zapco DC reference amplifiers. Loud and clear is an understatement. If you plan on running these in a passive configuration, you'll need a passive crossover. Hybrid Audio provides lots of information on what components you'll need.

Manuals
Legatia L1 Pro R2 Manual
Legatia L4SE Manual

I paid $1500. for the set installed. I'm entertaining reasonable offers.
Legatia L1 Pro R2 Tweeters
Legatia L4SE Speaker Set

Hamann Carbon Fiber Lip and Diffuser. Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers and Hood Vents. Matte Black Grille, Side Vents and Trunk Emblem. Monochrome Roundels. H&R Sport Springs. RS Technik Spacers. TSW Nurburgring Wheels. Continental DW Tires.

Last edited by esntrk1; 07-20-2012 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
BikeGeek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 35d, ATS-V, GTR

I would have liked to hear this in person. GLWS
2009 BMW E92 M3 | Jet Black / Fox Red, Extended - SOLD | Akrapovic Evolution - SOLD | MS Filter | StopTech ST60 / ST40, yellow | KW CS | 90mm stud conversion | 18x10F 18x10.5R HRE R43, Continental rubber | IND appearance package incl. key delete | JL Audio 10W6v3 (2) / HD700/1, Technic's harness
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
esntrk1
M-Ness
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3 Alpine White

It was a treat. It took me two years to get that system dialed in. I tried a few different drivers and subwoofers. I ended up with Hybrid Audio front stage, Earthquake SWS8Xi for midbass and a single Morel Ultimo SC12 subwoofer. The front stage was awesome by itself; but the SWS8's weren't as tight as I would have liked so I crossed them over at about 110hz and let the Morel Ultimo handle the rest. I had over 2000 Watts of amplifier power but used less than 50% of it. That way the amps reach a point where distortion is above .013%.

Hamann Carbon Fiber Lip and Diffuser. Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers and Hood Vents. Matte Black Grille, Side Vents and Trunk Emblem. Monochrome Roundels. H&R Sport Springs. RS Technik Spacers. TSW Nurburgring Wheels. Continental DW Tires.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
Sully1Time
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' MR440i

Garage List
pm sent
      04-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
vertspeed
Second Lieutenant