BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

08-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
direwolfM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Anyone with a similar experience

The strangest thing happened last night. I parked my 08 e92 on a very busy street last night. I hate doing this but couldn't find any parking on a side street. So anyways, I plugged the meter and walked away. This street has a lot of bars and restaurants on it so there is a ton of foot traffic. When I get back to my car about three hours later, I notice that the passenger side window is completely down. Immediately, I think that someone busted the window and stole something. When I get closer, there is no broken glass on the inside and the window is actually completely rolled down. This is strange because I'm sure the window was up when I left. And my daughter who is with me confirms this. I walk over to the driver side door very confused and this window is also completely down! I am absolutely sure I did not park my car with both windows completely down. I have a couple of things of value in the car and nothing was stolen either. Has this ever happened to anyone? Any explanation?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 F82

Sometimes when the key fob is in my pocket the unlock button gets pressed and the windows roll down. Luckily this only happens when my car is tucked away safely in the garage & I'm sitting on my couch.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelahi View Post
Sometimes when the key fob is in my pocket the unlock button gets pressed and the windows roll down. Luckily this only happens when my car is tucked away safely in the garage & I'm sitting on my couch.
+1
I had this experience before. I was talking to a frd on my driveway with the car parked in front of us and all the sudden the windows stated to roll down and sunroof opened. I was like "wtf" until I realized that my key fob was pushed against the stairs in my pocket. Scared the hack out of me though.
      08-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
direwolfM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelahi
Just tested this out and it seems like mystery solved. Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelahi View Post
I was about to say the same thing. lol Happened to me too.
Appreciate 0