BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

BPM

11-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
YAY VETTEL!!!

Congratulations to Sebastian Vettel for winning one of the most exciting F1 seasons!
I don't know who Alonso thinks he is blaming Petrov for his loss. It's not like he was trying to hold him up deliberately.

Either way, great job Red Bull and two big thumbs up for Vettel!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Couldn't agree more.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
KImmanie
white bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 328xi

yeah job well done very nice race and season
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Alonso crying?
lol.
Congrats to Vettel.
Sorry for Webber

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
Alonso crying? lol.
Congrats to Vettel.
Sorry for Webber
Are you serious??? He was actually crying??? What a tool.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Alonso dont cried, plase

but did you heard the radio when Vettel break to cry? very emotive. It was beautiful
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #7
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
I don't know who Alonso thinks he is blaming Petrov for his loss.
He'd have lost without Petrov anyway. Freaking cry baby.

And yes, what a season for RB, Horner, and SV. Plus he ended up with many more accomplishments:
Youngest champion ever, 10 poles in one season (only a handful of drivers have done it), First champion without ever leading the board (obviously done after the last race ), and a few more that escape me (most leading laps, I believe, etc). And yes, I'm starting to like the guy. Much more down to earth now, says the right things, and learned quickly from his mistakes. He ended the season a completely different driver than when he started. Kudos to the guy. He'll be a force to be reckoned with. Good day folks.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
ddogg35
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 318i

Garage List
ahem... spoilers much
im glad ive already watched it
      11-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #9
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
Are you serious??? He was actually crying??? What a tool.
I didn't mean he literally cried.
he is a cry baby.

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #10
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
danke seb. amazing end of the season.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #11
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
I didn't mean he literally cried.
I bet he did... although not in public . Him not deserving the title (IMO) for the 'team orders' aside, he must have been pissed off at Ferrari for bringing him in so early. Without mechanical failures (which he didn't have), he pretty much had the WDC in the bag, as he was keeping pace with the front runners. All he needed to do was stay 4th, and pit when he had enough of a gap to reemerge at the same spot. The word that comes to mind is karma , as he'd have won with the cheated points from Germany.

Having said that, Vettel had a brilliant drive being able to keep both Kobi and Kubica behind on cold tires. And RB did great on the pit stop. One fraction of a second later and he'd have likely been toast. Maybe not, as he started pulling away immediately, but passing Kubica on that track would have been very hard, not to mention risky. And anything less than P1 would have meant crowning FA as champion. Not a very exciting race in itself, but all the drama was there.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #12
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

Anyone in alonso's position would be crying after that one. it's not like he f'ed up. his pitting was just not the best timed. He was a points leader for the last 3 races (i think) and i strongly believe that many thought he was the favored to win. It doesn't matter that he's already got 2 championships under his belt- it hurts to miss out on the opportunity to be in the same class as Ayrton.
I know Alonso isn't the most favored driver on the grid, but you have to give him credit for the way he drove his car in the second half of the season.
However, i will also say that it's nice to know that next year we'll have another driver on the grid with title..... and an interesting career to look forward to.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 09:28 PM   #13
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
When I heard sebastian's radio message, it made my eyes water!
      11-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #14
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
^^^Yeah, that softened the eyes of a lot of Vettel haters. His comments were really eloquent for such a young kid too.

When you think about it, he had 75 points in the bag during 3 different races this year - had he not succumbed to mechanical failure etc. Despite that, he battled back past his misfortunes and kept focused. That's very commendable.

I think he has a brilliant future to look forward to, and really deserved this win.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #15
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
ditto. Although he was my favorite driver, I have to admit, I began to lose hope after all the bad stuff throughout the season. But so glad he pulled it off. While others worried about where they needed to finish respective to where their competitors finished, etc...Vettel remained focused on one thing..."I need to win pole and I need to win the race.....nothing fucking else matters" Well he did that and the others didn't race their race and ended up short.

Can't believe that Webber didn't take the fight to Alonso, etc. It was almost as if he gave up on the championship after qualy. Same with Alonso...he was not his normally aggressive self...he should have put more pressure on Vitaly instead of expecting the kid to get out of his way. So what if it might have ended in disaster for him had he been more aggressive toward Vitaly.....it did anyway when he did not get the championship. Its do-or-die at that stage. I was very disappointed in his performance but also glad.

Hamilton and Button ran great races as well.
      11-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #16
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

As long as it's not Hamilton.

Vettel did deserve it, though. He was definitely the best this year and I get the feeling that this isn't the last time we'll see him atop the standings at the end of the final race.
      11-15-2010, 01:02 AM   #17
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
What exactly did he say? It was all garbled, and couldn't understand anything even after cranking up the volume. But yeah, just the fact he was crying choked me up a little (was exercising while watching ). He's a good kid. He learned quickly from his mistakes, and drove like a real pro the last several races. In fact, never saw the guy lose control of the car, like most others; he's a master at pushing the car to its limits. And he's very eloquent too, speaks perfect english, says the right things, and has enourmous mental control, something many never overcome. I couldn't believe how calm he was after losing his engine in Korea, even smiling with his team, and all at the tender age of 23. And don't forget he was 2nd last season.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 07:32 AM   #18
B-52Gunner
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Competition

Alonso needs to learn how to pass. Petrov was faster on the straights and was not holding him up.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #19
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-52Gunner View Post
Alonso needs to learn how to pass.
right ...

There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #20
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-52Gunner View Post
Alonso needs to learn how to pass. Petrov was faster on the straights and was not holding him up.
Considering the ends of the straights were the only passing points it would make it a bit hard to pass if the car in front is faster on them wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
right ...

Thank you, Javi. It's irritating how many uneducated people are quick to judge when they have no clue what is going on.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #21
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
How Petrov defended Alonso reminded me how Kimi defended attack from Fisichella in Spa 2009.
Everytime Fisichella get close to Kimi's slip stream, Kimi just hit KERS and and pull away just enough not letting Fisichella pass him after the straights.

The best overtaking opportunities and less risk location is the chicane after the long straight. Where Alonso lose out from Renault's F-Duct. That's why FA got stuck behind for 40 laps. Its not about FA's skill, its just the different nature of the Renault and Ferrari.

Another example will be Vettel stuck behind Alonso in Hungary. Overall RB6 is faster than F10 on the track. However Vettel couldn't get close enough to FA on the last two corners that feeds into the pit straight. Plus the pit straight is not long enough for Vettel to catch the slip stream as well.
      11-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #22
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
Alonso dont cried, plase

but did you heard the radio when Vettel break to cry? very emotive. It was beautiful
Rocky "Ve Meister!!!"

Seb "ohhh~ Thank you boys!!!" "Unbelievable ~" "Thank you I love you" (something i missed of apparently... )

Christian Horner "Sebastian Vettel you AARE THE WORLD CHAMPION!!!" "THE WORLD CHAMPION!!! WELL DONE!!! ENJOY IT!!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!!"

Seb "WOOOOOOOH!!!! YEEEEES!!!!"