BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

08-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

zaino users.. where are you

please share your experiences and photos.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
In for pics/info.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Porschefile
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I have used Zaino and love it. I've also used Menzerna, and agree that it is easier to apply. This last detail session, I did Menzerna for the early stages and then finished it with Zaino (2 I think, could have been 4) and then Zaino CS. Looks awesome. I tried to take pics but my phone camera really doesn't do it justice.

I applied the early stages with a random orbital, and the Zaino finishing polishes by hand with a cotton applicator.

I also really like Zaino's other car care products, like their leather conditioner.

Attempted phone pic:

Most if not all of the imperfections in this pic are cloud reflections, not swirl marks:

Last edited by Porschefile; 08-16-2012 at 08:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
Shake-N-Bake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW/FR e92 M3

I ended up detailing my car with Zaino over the weekend. This is the first time I ever tried to detail my car so as expected it probably took me longer than it should have.

I basically just followed the directions from the Zaino site, I washed it with Dawn, clay bar, rewash with Z-7and then alternated between Z-2 and Z5 and sprayed Z-6 in between each coat. For the most part I am happy with the way it turned out but I believe I will take it to a professional the next time I get it detailed and then just use the Zaino to maintain it. Here are a few pics I took with my Iphone.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
I have been using it in all of my cars since 1997 and it is absolutely the best bang for the buck once your paint is prepped right. Not to mention there is nothing better than their leather conditioner IMO....

The Yellow Volvo has 230K miles on it btw!

Pictures: (All recent)

2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
to be honest zaino is really obsolete with all the great products out there. It is too finicky with the multiple steps and rules you need to apply things in a certain order etc. If you are the type to just do a very casual type of clean than they DO make a great product. I have gotten too lazy to truly wax my car so I use the zaino CS spray on a clean car for protection. I have silverstone and carbon roof and it looks great. I do it more for protection but if you are looking for the really stunning multiple step gloss than I think zaino is no longer where its at.

WHen I was actualy waxing my car I think its hard to beat the menernza for ease of use and great looks. So easy, wipes off SOOO much easier than zaino-its just a breeze (compared to other waxes) Still need to put the time in etc.
+1

Zaino is good but a lot of the current stuff on the market are much better and some are easier to use as well. Zaino needs to update their line up if they want to keep up.

Menzerna has good polish products but I'd look elsewhere for waxes/sealants as they don't specialize in protection.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #7
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
wow. i'm impressed.
TTG, the wagon looks good buddy
I wish i can find an 850 R wagon that is clean.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
i've used their tire shine and detail spray. love the detail spray as it leaves a slick finish but then again it has only been my first detail spray so i don't know if it's good or if there might be better out there. the tire shine was ok for but it does exactly what it advertises with leaving a "perfect" tire shine as in it's not too glossy but leaving a nice matte finish
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 05:50 AM   #9
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Probably the greatest impact has come from the use of coatings, which have completely changed the landscape of the detailing industry.

Products like Zaino, Collinite, and etc used to be the best protection available but nanotechnology (AQuartz) or a reactive polymer resin coatings (Opti-Coat™ ) that offer a coating thickness of 2-3 µ (microns) and a scratch resistant hardness of 9H, greatly extended durability, scratch resistance and protection from the elements that can be measured in seasons or years, as opposed to others

For many years (twenty plus) my polymer sealant of choice was an acrylic polymer (Klasse) I then converted to a polymer sealant (Zaino) and used it for approx fifteen years, but automotive sealants and coatings(Opti-Coat™, Aquartz, Permanon, G|Techniq) have evolved immensely over the last five years or so and have changed paint protection to an inordinate degree
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #10
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

I have been zaino user and believer for many years. Many hours have beeb directed at paint correction, Waxing and sealing. (not in that order). I have tried zaino full line of products. Carbrite,Autoglym, meguiars, and chemical guys. Each line of polishers and waxes have been applied to my car, pictured and removed.
After many dollars and many man hours i can finally say that each product holds very simular finish. zaino was great many years ago but it always maked me feel like appliying another coat just to reach best results. Meg products are great hiders an fillers. Compounds are so so aswell. Autoglym is great for the weekend warrior. Easy to apply and buff off. No machines required. Saving best for last. Chemical guys are amazing. Starting with their foam
Cannon. I cant stop using this thing. Paint correction products are easy to use and quite safe. Pads are amazing. Is used it with my hispeed dewalt orbital polisher and with porter cable DA polisher 7424. Once paint is prepped i sealed it with jetseal 109. Talking about mirror finish. Finally i applied 5050 wax for te finish. I was a bit disapoonted with 5050 wax. So i ordered e-zyme wax to see if its worth the money. Guess what. It is. The depth and gloss from eZyme was trully amazing. Well thete we go. Zaino was great many years ago but i think an update may be required for their name to live on. (iphone autocorrect will be rhe end of me)
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

A little note on the side. Our oem paint has a massive orange peel. After wet sanding it down to a perfect flat then you can appriciate the true depth and shine of off tested products. After all perfect finish start with the perfect starting point
Appreciate 0