BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #23
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz View Post
They do it purposely knowing how some people will react to this. It's all a game to these people.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 561design View Post
You can't be serious. So you're scared or you think it's disrespectful? Many other religions have had their fill of being humored by the media. Islam should have the self restraint to take the jokes and move on with their beliefs. I have an idea. How about they look into what the subject matter of these jokes are.

I've been hearing for years that those followers who are millitant are not true followers of Islam. Well you know what? Maybe you should start having a serious discussion with those misguided brothers and sisters before complaining about a cartoon.

I for one will not have my freedom taken from me by a minority of "misguided" fools.
No religion should be made fun of. Look at it this way, religion is something very special to whoever it's respective followers are. How would you like it if I disrespected your mother? What if I did it after she died and was lying in her grave? That would just make it SO MUCH worse. (I'm hinting to the fact our Holy Prophet (SAW) of Islam is no longer living with us today).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiGUY View Post
I hate no religion, especially Islam and I've plenty of muslim friends.
Being said that, my war is with the psycho's in islam.

there are many psycho's in other religions tooo... but do they behave like the psycho's in islam?

just think about it?
I think you need to pay attention to history bro. So what if there are "Muslim" terrorists? At some point in history there are always "religious" terrorists. George Bush is Christian yet he has led a war in Iraq based on LIES. Is that any different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4lyfe View Post
You should know that Muhammad, the Prophet of Mankind (PBUH) is regarded higher than our own parents. Hence, just as you'd over react to someone who insults your mother or father, Muslims get embroiled. Freedom is God-given. It is only taken away by corrupt leaders. History proves Prophet Muhammad liberated slaves, gave women rights which they never dreamed of, and told the ignorant Arabs to end their polygamous lifestyles and embrace the One God. Granted that Muslims are allowed to marry up to four wives, the Holy Quran stresses that it is wiser to marry only one because the required equality between the wives is next to impossible.

You wouldn't insult a police officer right? Why would you insult the leader of 1.5+billion people? Doesn't make sense. People should use that freedom to solve the world's problems (such as world poverty, disease, & other anamolies)-not create more problems, hate, & violence. What do the cartoons prove? That humans have freedom? We established that already, in fact it was the Europeans who brought Africans to USA and enslaved them. What else do the cartoons establish? That people will get upset at something that ridicules someone - who's held as the greatest man to ever walk the face of the Earth (whether you feel the same is irrelevant to the emotional attachment of the Prophet to Muslims)? Duh! Of course people will get mad. Hell, draw a cartoon of your Professor and see how fast you'll get expelled from your school/university.

Remember, even if you're not religious, you should be aware that a thing is either good or bad. The good unites humanity while the bad divides us. I'm not perfect. But I wouldn't even disrespect Buddha, the Pope, or a Rabbi.

Anyway, for those that actually read this, please know that Islam is like an Ivy League school. A Muslim is a "student." Whether this student attended all his lectures and goes on to practice his "major" is another story (whether he's a great professional or just a negligent one that puts a bad name to his profession). Millions and millions of Muslims are just that by name. They have no clue, for example, that suicide bombings will lead them to hell. They have no clue how to behave and be pious men.

I hope you guys at least just read about Islam-not Muslims because believe me, even the Prophet Muhammad suffered at the hands of the Arabs...he suffered IMMENSELY-many Arabs were hypocrites and abandoned him during hardships (think about how many arabs blow themselves up now during hard times).
What a perfect post. This is exactly what I've been trying to say to people, especially the part in bold!
      02-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #24
Chunga
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E90 black saphire 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4lyfe View Post
You should know that Muhammad, the Prophet of Mankind (PBUH) is regarded higher than our own parents. Hence, just as you'd over react to someone who insults your mother or father, Muslims get embroiled. Freedom is God-given. It is only taken away by corrupt leaders. History proves Prophet Muhammad liberated slaves, gave women rights which they never dreamed of, and told the ignorant Arabs to end their polygamous lifestyles and embrace the One God. Granted that Muslims are allowed to marry up to four wives, the Holy Quran stresses that it is wiser to marry only one because the required equality between the wives is next to impossible.

You wouldn't insult a police officer right? Why would you insult the leader of 1.5+billion people? Doesn't make sense. People should use that freedom to solve the world's problems (such as world poverty, disease, & other anamolies)-not create more problems, hate, & violence. What do the cartoons prove? That humans have freedom? We established that already, in fact it was the Europeans who brought Africans to USA and enslaved them. What else do the cartoons establish? That people will get upset at something that ridicules someone - who's held as the greatest man to ever walk the face of the Earth (whether you feel the same is irrelevant to the emotional attachment of the Prophet to Muslims)? Duh! Of course people will get mad. Hell, draw a cartoon of your Professor and see how fast you'll get expelled from your school/university.

Remember, even if you're not religious, you should be aware that a thing is either good or bad. The good unites humanity while the bad divides us. I'm not perfect. But I wouldn't even disrespect Buddha, the Pope, or a Rabbi.

Anyway, for those that actually read this, please know that Islam is like an Ivy League school. A Muslim is a "student." Whether this student attended all his lectures and goes on to practice his "major" is another story (whether he's a great professional or just a negligent one that puts a bad name to his profession). Millions and millions of Muslims are just that by name. They have no clue, for example, that suicide bombings will lead them to hell. They have no clue how to behave and be pious men.

I hope you guys at least just read about Islam-not Muslims because believe me, even the Prophet Muhammad suffered at the hands of the Arabs...he suffered IMMENSELY-many Arabs were hypocrites and abandoned him during hardships (think about how many arabs blow themselves up now during hard times).
Wery well written.
      02-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #25
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
all right. great, everybody made their point, holding hands in hands, kumbaya. now let's lock this thread before somebody starts talking sh!t and screws the whole thing up.

ps: no more religion posts for me.
      02-17-2008, 11:15 PM   #26
RenaultOne
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 328i Jet Black

Quote:
Please elaborate on your remark. I feel that I do as I please. I do the same things here in the States as I would Jamaica. I can't imagine that your island is any different in ideals than what can be found in Jamaica.
Public nudity, unregulated hash, lack of censorship, etc. all found in many other more democratic countries. I can list more...
      02-17-2008, 11:20 PM   #27
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 3.0Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
+
No religion should be made fun of. Look at it this way, religion is something very special to whoever it's respective followers are. How would you like it if I disrespected your mother? What if I did it after she died and was lying in her grave? That would just make it SO MUCH worse. (I'm hinting to the fact our Holy Prophet (SAW) of Islam is no longer living with us today).
I would think you're an ass for doing that. But at the same time, I'm not going to run out and kill you. I dunno, maybe it's something silly called self control. Or is it will power? I dunno. One of the two things you would expect of any individual. Especially of individuals so devout to their religion.

Over and over I hear. "Oh it's just a few misguided individuals." Or "Other religions are guilty too." Or there are people like you, who defend Islam as a peaceful religion but forget to put any effort towards educating their "wayward" brothers. Well you know what? Other than Kosovo and the IRA. I can't think of any other religion in recent memory that have carried out acts of violence againist innocent targets across the globe. So forget what happened in the past, and think about now.

Muslim radicals are prolific in SE Asia, Africa and the Middle East. It is ridiculous to see such a "peaceful" religion be misconstrude by so many. I have yet to see the mainstream peaceful muslims make an effort to stop them. (Correction, there are those in Iraq that are making an effort.*) All I see them do is distance themselves and look the other way. Many of them I have seen yet to speak out againist such violence, but rather sit quietly to the side.
      02-17-2008, 11:21 PM   #28
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaultOne View Post
Public nudity, unregulated hash, lack of censorship, etc. all found in many other more democratic countries. I can list more...
Ah yes. I forgot about those. Considering I wouldn't do those in the States and never did them when I lived in Jamaica.
      02-18-2008, 03:53 AM   #29
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I would think you're an ass for doing that. But at the same time, I'm not going to run out and kill you. I dunno, maybe it's something silly called self control. Or is it will power? I dunno. One of the two things you would expect of any individual. Especially of individuals so devout to their religion.

Over and over I hear. "Oh it's just a few misguided individuals." Or "Other religions are guilty too." Or there are people like you, who defend Islam as a peaceful religion but forget to put any effort towards educating their "wayward" brothers. Well you know what? Other than Kosovo and the IRA. I can't think of any other religion in recent memory that have carried out acts of violence againist innocent targets across the globe. So forget what happened in the past, and think about now.

Muslim radicals are prolific in SE Asia, Africa and the Middle East. It is ridiculous to see such a "peaceful" religion be misconstrude by so many. I have yet to see the mainstream peaceful muslims make an effort to stop them. (Correction, there are those in Iraq that are making an effort.*) All I see them do is distance themselves and look the other way. Many of them I have seen yet to speak out againist such violence, but rather sit quietly to the side.
Not to be disrespectful bro, but just because you dont see us stopping these violent few that claim to "follow" Islam, that doesnt mean we dont. We write books, have lectures, speak about it in the Mosque, have public events, websites, etc. all to show the TRUE light of Islam. We even have a couple of TV channels aswell that run 24/7!

Ask yourself what the western world is doing to stop them? The media and governments always use the phrases "Islamic terrorist", "Islamic Jihadist", "Islamic suicide bomber" etc. The very phrases themselves are contradictory. You cant be "Islamic" and one of those murderers at the same time. These phrases have worked into the minds of the public and many people now think "Islam" and "terrorism" are synonymous terms!

Also, I always make a clear distinction between terrorists. There are 2 types. The first type are the ones that are brainwashed into carrying out attacks and thinking it'll earn them heaven. These are the ones we TRUE Muslims try to show the truth of Islam to through our many ways as I mentioned.

However, there is a second type of terrorist. This is the one who sees his fellow Muslims suffering in the East. Look at the Palestine situation, look at the Iraq war based on lies etc. This really hurts these Muslims and drives them to do what they think is "Jihad". It is NOT Jihad though. Islam doesnt allow killing of innocents.

The point is though, to target these type of terrorists you have to engage in dialoges because it's all on a political level. Be real. How has the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan stopped terrorism? If anything terrorism and hatred has INCREASED! But how can governments sit down and talk with these "Islamic terrorists" after working so hard to make them look like animals?
      02-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #30
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
Germany
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Tief Gruen

HKS,
I agree with a lot of what you said, but not the war in Iraq. I just got back from there and the war isn't between Americans and Iraqis, it is between Sunni and Shiite just as it has been for a thousand years. It amazes me how much these two groups hate each other. It reminds me of the Catholics and Protestants back in the 15-1700s, only much worse.
What makes a couple of grown men jump a kerb in their car and intentionally mow down a six year old girl playing with her friends? What makes someone drive their car loaded with explosives into a market filled with people buying their groceries and trying to return to a normal life? What makes a 15 year old boy stop people in their cars and shoot them because they are not the proper type of Muslim? I saw it all and sooooo much more. For what it is worth, I don't agree with our presence there, but we have been reduced to trying to policemen trying to keep innocents from getting killed over there. If Islam is truly a religion of peace, then these people need a lesson. Oh yeah, they get plenty of lessons though...their Imams are the ones standing up telling them to blow each other up. It doesn't do well for your message.

All religions have their problems. A few years ago Christians had nutjobs shooting abortion clinic doctors. Hopefully that is a thing of the past. But today the face of Islam comes across as the breeding ground for terror. Wahhabism isn't exactly a "live in peace with your neighbor" kind of belief (unless your neighbor is a wahhabist) Is it any wonder us "infidels" feel a little like we are being sized up? Even in Christian Europe, Muslims have marched in the streets (in England especially) calling for the murder of these cartoonists, much like they marched years ago calling for the murder of Salman Rushdie.
After the 9/11 attacks in America, many Muslims in the UK (I was living there at the time) took to the streets in celebration. Some Imams in the UK were telling people that they didn't have to follow British law, only the laws of Islam.
You say that the only way to engage these people is dialogue, but that the governments have worked so hard to make these "Islamic Terrorists" look like animals. I have seen first hand what they do to each other. They don't need any help looking like animals.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #31
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukthunderace
What makes a couple of grown men jump a kerb in their car and intentionally mow down a six year old girl playing with her friends? What makes someone drive their car loaded with explosives into a market filled with people buying their groceries and trying to return to a normal life? What makes a 15 year old boy stop people in their cars and shoot them because they are not the proper type of Muslim?
You seem like quite a reasonable person, although I disagree in some ways. Yes Sunnis and Shias fight with eachother. This is TOTALLY prohibited in Islam. Did you know we arent even allowed to stop speaking to eachother for 3 days? Islam doesn't promote divisions among people or disputes.

Quote:
All religions have their problems. A few years ago Christians had nutjobs shooting abortion clinic doctors.
The problem isnt with the religion. The problem is with people NOT following it.

Quote:
Even in Christian Europe, Muslims have marched in the streets (in England especially) calling for the murder of these cartoonists, much like they marched years ago calling for the murder of Salman Rushdie.
Perfect example of people not following Islam.

Quote:
You say that the only way to engage these people is dialogue, but that the governments have worked so hard to make these "Islamic Terrorists" look like animals. I have seen first hand what they do to each other. They don't need any help looking like animals.
I stand by what I said. We need to speak to eachother, when did guns and bombs solve anything?

They dont need help? They most certainly are getting it though. What would make 2 British troops dress up as Arabs and open fire on Iraqi Police? and why did they have EXPLOSIVES in the civilian car they were driving? I dont know either:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4263648.stm

(BBC Report and video report from 3 years ago)

And let's not forget this war was based on LIES about WMD in the first place. The number of Iraqi men, women, children dead has grown to ALARMING proportions. Let's not forget the dead among the coalition troops either. Terrorism and hate has spread EVEN more since the start of this war too.
      02-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #32
DesiGUY
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crazy

Garage List
HKS786: "I think you need to pay attention to history bro. So what if there are "Muslim" terrorists? At some point in history there are always "religious" terrorists. George Bush is Christian yet he has led a war in Iraq based on LIES. Is that any different?"

I agree that At some point in history there are always "religious" terrorists.
But, that doesn't justify So what if there are "Muslim" terrorists?

If feel nothing but sad for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #33
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiGUY View Post
HKS786: "I think you need to pay attention to history bro. So what if there are "Muslim" terrorists? At some point in history there are always "religious" terrorists. George Bush is Christian yet he has led a war in Iraq based on LIES. Is that any different?"

I agree that At some point in history there are always "religious" terrorists.
But, that doesn't justify So what if there are "Muslim" terrorists?

If feel nothing but sad for you.
Who said I was justifying it? If anything I'm one of the few SEPERATING Islam and terrorism. You're the one that said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiGUY
there are many psycho's in other religions tooo... but do they behave like the psycho's in islam?

just think about it?
I'm NOT justifiying terrorism commited by Muslims, I'm asking why is it any different from terrorism done in the name of other causes. George Bush is a fine example. Just for your information, flying planes into things isnt a Muslim thing. That's if it 9/11 happened like they said it did. Who knows? I dont trust anyone, especially not with wars based on lies. But anyway didnt you hear about the Kamikaze suicide attacks in WWII? They used planes.

02-18-2008, 12:02 PM   #34
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
Germany
Rep

HKS,
You seem like a reasonable person as well...thank you for seeing past our differences.
You asked what the difference is from terrorism done by Muslims versus that waged from other groups. I can only offer that in the last 20 years, the majority of attacks have been from Muslims with an agenda against the west. What does this stem from? Obviously Israel and the division of lands (and the taking away of lands) after WWII. Now personally, I don't agree with what Britain and the US did with the establishment of Israel. This was probably one of the most stupid things any western nation has ever done. So now the Arab world has labeled the US as the Great Satan. We are blamed for that, even though most Americans have NO CLUE that Israel was established by us only a short time ago.
So the Middle East, or at least people from there, wage war against the US and other countries. What are people supposed to think? Do you think that Catholics in Northern Ireland trusted Protestants as recently as the 1980s? Of course not! And you are right...an example of not following one's religion!

While Imams around the world continue to urge their followers to jihad against the west, there will be tension. Until there is an overwhelming call for peace by Islam that leads Muslims to live next to their neighbors who are not Muslims in peace, there will always be tension and even war.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #35
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

I agree about Israel, and I also agree that not many people know the history behind Israel.

But as to the call for peace bro, we have websites, books, dvds, lectures, public events, speeches at mosques. We even have a couple of TV channels running 24/7. We even have people on youtube.com making their effort to show the true peaceful religion. I think this is all on a political level. When did guns and bombs ever solve anything?
      02-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #36
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
I'm NOT justifiying terrorism commited by Muslims, I'm asking why is it any different from terrorism done in the name of other causes. George Bush is a fine example. Just for your information, flying planes into things isnt a Muslim thing. That's if it 9/11 happened like they said it did. Who knows? I dont trust anyone, especially not with wars based on lies. But anyway didnt you hear about the Kamikaze suicide attacks in WWII? They used planes.
Yes. The big difference is the planes flown into ships in WW2 was part of a battle durring active wartime. The Twin Towers attack was during peace time and was not provoked at all.

I like your views of Islam and all, good for you. Don't try and blame the shit some of your followers are doing on our 'corrupt' government. It is not as corrupt as the media would have people believe.

Hell we can all open a book and see what Pearl Harbour envoked... what did they think was going to happen? We are known for over reacting.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #37
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep

HKS I do not take anything you say personally. As far as I'm concerned we're just having a heated discussion. Some months before 9/11 I was actually considering converting to Islam and moving to Malayasia. The mosque I went to was in South Florida. I don't know if I spoke to one of the 9/11 guys at the time but his message was very clear to me that muslims don't tolerate other religions kindly. I spent the whole night with him amongst a few others and it was clear they all shared the same view. Obviously, I had seen enough and didn't follow through with it.

Anyhow, I have come across stories here and there about mainstream Islam confronting these terrorist. An I must say, it seems somewhat weak to be honest. The only countries I see truly trying to make a stance is Saudi Arabia, Eygpt and the UAE. But who knows if financing is coming from them or not. Other than that I see many muslim countries encouraging this behavior. What is Iran doing? How about Libya? Even Ethiopia has had it's share of harbouring these Muslim radicals. As mentioned above I see other muslims fighting againist each other. Not just in Iraq but in Lebanon as well. The behavior of Muslims is far to rampant to say that their religion is "peaceful". There are far too many from different regions of the world fighting under the Muslim flag.

Maybe I would believe your words of peace if this was an isolated incident in a particular part of the world. But I read about it coming from all over the place. Again all I see on the internet is peaceful muslims seperating themselves from the militants. Atleast the things I've seen and heard have been that way. You very well may be right at the attempt you claim. But whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be helping at all.
      02-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #38
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
Germany
Rep

I agree except for Saudi Arabia...they are one of the most stalwart proponents of Wahhabism. It is extremely intolerant of any other religion including Shiite Muslims and those who do not practice Wahhabism. As far as countries with terrorists, don't look too far past them. I believe it was 15 out of the 19 who were connected with the 9/11 attacks were Saudi.

HKS,
I agree that bombs are not the answer, but we can hardly sit idly by and just let the crazy people bomb us and do nothing about it can we? That is what keeps the war in Iraq going...Sunnis bomb the Shia, the Shia bomb them back...back and forth. I suppose we could pull out of Iraq and just let them get on with it.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #39
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Yes. The big difference is the planes flown into ships in WW2 was part of a battle durring active wartime. The Twin Towers attack was during peace time and was not provoked at all.

I like your views of Islam and all, good for you. Don't try and blame the shit some of your followers are doing on our 'corrupt' government. It is not as corrupt as the media would have people believe.

Hell we can all open a book and see what Pearl Harbour envoked... what did they think was going to happen? We are known for over reacting.
That's if 9/11 happened as Bush said. They lied about WMD, we have troops in Iraq dressed up as Arabs opening fire on Iraqi police...what next? All I'm saying is we cant be sure of what anyone is doing and not doing.

IF 9/11 happened as they said it did then it is obviously because of the disputes over in the middle-east which have lasted for decades. Some would call it "wartime" aswell. This isnt even what my point is. People complain about Muslims burning flags etc but I see plenty of people burning Qurans and pissing on them too! It just shows that NO MATTER why you feel angry/provoked it can lead you to do extreme things.

I also proved from history that some people dont mind dying for their cause. Infact, that element happens in every war. Even Bush was prepared to let US troops die for his war based on lies.
      02-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #40
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 561design
HKS I do not take anything you say personally.
Yeah dont it personally. You wouldnt believe the number of misconceptions people have of Islam. Most people actually just repeat what they hear from the media and governments.

Quote:
don't know if I spoke to one of the 9/11 guys at the time but his message was very clear to me that muslims don't tolerate other religions kindly. I spent the whole night with him amongst a few others and it was clear they all shared the same view. Obviously, I had seen enough and didn't follow through with it.
I appreciate how you feel. However, this is NOT Islam! I ask you to study our Quran, Hadith (sayings of the Holy Prophet (SAW)) and history.

History provides many examples of Muslim tolerance towards other faiths: when the caliph Omar entered Jerusalem in the year 634, Islam granted freedom of worship to all religious communities in the city. Islamic law also permits non-Muslim minorities to set up their own courts, which implement family laws drawn up by the minorities themselves.

Quote:
Anyhow, I have come across stories here and there about mainstream Islam confronting these terrorist. An I must say, it seems somewhat weak to be honest. The only countries I see truly trying to make a stance is Saudi Arabia, Eygpt and the UAE.
Okay NOW I agree with you. Yes, countries arent making effort on an international level. However, I still stand by my statement that plenty of individuals are striving ALL over the world through many resources and media to show the true light of Islam.

However, look at it this way. What government does enough for poverty? very few. We are in the 21st century and have much more technology than ever before, yet the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Where's the war on poverty? We muslims give 2.5% of our income and possesions to the poor every year and make contributions throughout the year. However, on an international level not much is being done.

I find it hard to believe how rich heads of states are and they could easily share their wealth with the poor. This applies to non-muslims and muslims. There should be a war on poverty. It has to happen on a full-scale international level though. We have thousands of charities and charity auctions etc. but that will never solve the problem on it's own.

Quote:
Maybe I would believe your words of peace if this was an isolated incident in a particular part of the world. But I read about it coming from all over the place. Again all I see on the internet is peaceful muslims seperating themselves from the militants. Atleast the things I've seen and heard have been that way. You very well may be right at the attempt you claim. But whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be helping at all.
Islam teaches that the world will come to an end and even among MUSLIMS there will be few righteous people left. In our Holy Prophet (SAW)'s time the Muslims were strong, yes they might made mistakes sometimes as all people do, but on the whole they were strong people. In these days we have few good people left and even the Muslims have divided just as the Holy Prophet (SAW) predicted! Please be assured this is not the truth of Islam though!

If you want to know the true teaching of Islam despite Muslims not showing it by example, I will be MORE than happy to show you. Can I ask what attracted you to Islam in the first place bro?
      02-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #41
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukthunderace View Post
HKS,
I agree that bombs are not the answer, but we can hardly sit idly by and just let the crazy people bomb us and do nothing about it can we? That is what keeps the war in Iraq going...Sunnis bomb the Shia, the Shia bomb them back...back and forth. I suppose we could pull out of Iraq and just let them get on with it.
But surely you have to see (as you already admitted) that the Israel situation is something that people Muslims feel strongly about. Of course we cant accept people bombing us, so why dont we try solve it on a political level?

If we can go to the trouble of sending THOUSANDS of troops and equipment over to Iraq, surely we could have arranged dialogues instead of wars? we both agree that guns and bombs solve NOTHING.

Also, if Muslims are unhappy about Israel, why would going into Iraq on LIES make us happier? terrorism and hatred has increased since 9/11. Even a child could have predicted this, why didnt the international governments?
      02-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #42
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
We muslims give 2.5% of our income and possesions to the poor every year and make contributions throughout the year. However, on an international level not much is being done.
Yeah, I thought that was pretty neat when I there at the mosque. But then after 9/11 one of the guys that went there got busted because they found that his money went to a terrorist group through that program. I don't know if you remember that far back but he was a professor at FAU. Who knows. Maybe I got stuck with a mosque that might not have been the best one to represent the religion.

Quote:
Can I ask what attracted you to Islam in the first place bro?
A couple of reasons and timing. At the time there were alot of things about Christianity that I didn't agree with. So I thought of exploring what other religions had to offer. I had always been curious about Islam. And due to a personal issue I thought I would have to move to Malaysia. So I decided to visit a mosque to get a true experience about what they were about. It was a great oppurtunity to spend time with people and see their interactions at a mosque. I didn't expect to learn everything or make a decision then. But I did intend to get a good idea of the religion and to better understand the people. This way I could see if I wanted to pursue it further. After observation and some lengthy discussion with various members it creeped me out and I politely declined.

10 years later I don't believe I should follow any one particular faith. I've become more interested on the actual word of God vs. contemporary documents. Right now, I consider myself to be agnostic.
      02-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #43
Chunga
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E90 black saphire 2008

Fact.
Today in Gaza Abu Abir told all muslims to attack danish embassies in all muslims countries and kill all inside. Blow them up he said.
Then go to Denmark and kill all who make drawings and blow away all danish newspapers.
Well - he is a well known angry man. But no smoke without fire.
Here are a picture of the big meeting and the fun they had there.
Attached Images

02-18-2008, 05:37 PM   #44
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I thought that was pretty neat when I there at the mosque. But then after 9/11 one of the guys that went there got busted because they found that his money went to a terrorist group through that program. I don't know if you remember that far back but he was a professor at FAU. Who knows. Maybe I got stuck with a mosque that might not have been the best one to represent the religion.
I wish you came to a mosque like ours. We have open days for non-Muslims to come see the TRUE light of Islam. In my country we live perfectly fine with non-Muslims. You wouldnt even notice that we live completely different from non-Muslims because we make all types of people integrate.

Infact my mother wasnt even Muslim before she married my father, yet she converted to Islam and my father accepted her as a Muslim even though he knew she used to be non-Muslim and her family obviously are Christian even to this day...

I think it was good for my mother's family because until Muslims moved into the UK in the last 50 years, people here were lacking in their knowledge about Muslims and were even discriminating towards them but now my father's family get on perfectly fine with my mother's family despite their different religions.

Quote:
10 years later I don't believe I should follow any one particular faith. I've become more interested on the actual word of God vs. contemporary documents. Right now, I consider myself to be agnostic.
May Allah account that you at least showed an interest in Islam in this day when people wont talk to us but would sooner accept everything they hear in the media.

A lot of people think Islam is so radical because we have such unique beliefs such as not drinking alcohol. However, you should look at crimes that are caused by alcohol such as murder, assualt, rape etc and then reconsider. Maybe it wasnt such a bad idea that God forbade it. I mean just because alcohol is there it doesnt mean we have to drink it. I dont see us all drinking bleach But yeah in all seriousness we believe it to be an evil of society. Just last week a young girl was raped not far from here after leaving a club. Disgusting!

What I want to know is why cant Islam be accepted by society? In this day anything is acceptable. If a person wants to have 10 partners at the same time it's okay, if they want to be gay it's okay, if they want to drink till they're blue in the face it's okay, if they want to have sex with random people they just met it's okay, if they want to cover their body in tattoos and piercings it's okay, if they want to appear topless in newspapers which LEGALLY anyone can purchase from kids to paedophiles...

yet Islam is not okay. If a Muslim grows a beard it's frowned upon. If a Muslim women wants to hide her beauty from random guys and respect her body it's frowned upon. This isnt just a thing that started after 9/11, it's always been that way. I think it's because society wants to remain FREE to do anything. Islam is a way of life that is based on boundaries and limits.

Back to the point, I just want to show Islam is different. Then who knows? maybe people will accept it some time in the future