BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

11-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
max3732
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M roadster

2013 M5 steering vibration and fun driving vs. Audi R8

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=744631

Brian Cooley's review mentions a terrible steering vibration that feels like a jackhammer. In the previous post I put a link to some people complained about it, but said it went away after a while.

Does anyone know if this was indeed a car defect that was fixed in 2014 and if it would in fact go away? Right now I have a 2000 M roadster that is in great condition and fun to drive, but am looking for something new.

I was thinking of the 650i because I wanted to practicality of 4 doors and comfortable passengers, but when I test drove the car even though it was fast it wasn't as much fun as my M roadster. The other problem is I've driven a manual transmission car my whole life and just don't enjoy driving an automatic, even with paddle shifter or whatever technology they put in it.

So I know I need a car with a manual and was wondering about the steering vibration problem with the 2013 M5 along with the "fun factor" of the car.

If I get away from 4 seats I was looking at a 2012 Audi R8, which has a manual and is similar in price to the M5.
Appreciate 0