BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

06-18-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

G37 better than 335i? What do you think?

There is a video of a G37 at the Auto Show on Edmunds.
They claimed to have driven the G37 and said: "it's more focused with better body control, more intuitive and better behaving at the cornering limit than the 335i".

How many of you think the 335i will loose this comparison with the G37 when it comes out? I know it won't be faster, at least not in a straight line...

I would never buy the G37, it's not my taste, () but still I would hate to see King go down....

THank you for NO LSD, BMW!!!!

Link to video:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...deoId=20116766
      06-18-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Some people think that their Chevy Impalas are better than a 335.
All that matters is what you think. Buy what you want, fuck what anyone else thinks.

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #3
Slke46
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 Sedan

Interesting specs on the car, but I don't think they should be comparing it to a 335. I've seen 330zhp's take out stock g35's...

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
All that matters is what you think. Buy what you want, fuck what anyone else thinks.
I agree. Alot of it is personal preference. Especially when it comes to exterior and interior. And also performance. Some people would prefer a 150 Miata to a 500hp Corvette, because the Miata has better steering feel, an amazing shifter, and is 10x more fun to drive than a Corvette in some ways.

In the case of the G37 and 335i, the performance is going to be real close. Even closer than the G35 vs. 330i (G35 clearly had the performance edge vs. the 330i for less money). The 335i has stepped up the playing field in that regard. The 335i is a whole different monster than the 330i was. Infiniti is going to be hard pressed not to go FI with some upcoming models. The VQ is already extremely high strung for an N/A. 330hp with a 6 cylinder, you gotta give it to them.

Generally, the 335i will be a much better daily driver than the G37. Smoother ride, better transmission, way more torque. Way more easy to modify than a G37. Probably about the same reliability on average. The G37 will be better on the track. How many of us care about that again?

But from what I've read so far, should be a good matchup in the mags. I still dont expect the BMW to lose.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #5
younghov85
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 black 325

I would think that the G37 would be a better daily driver and the 335i would be better around the track, as BMW is performance-bred. I think these two coupes will be very close and the G37 actually winning in some comparisons. But overall, the 335i will be the winner. One thing I must say though is that Infiniti has really stepped their game up especially in the area of interior quality. The G35 sedan is so much better than the previous model. they took into consideration every area and made smart adjustments. They are definitely making themselves a top contender for BMW.
Just my .02 cents.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #6
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTG35

this a bmw forum and i seriously doubt you will get thought out responses with factual information.. but i will try to help you here

its going to come down to prefrence and price for most people. they are equal cars but i doubt you bmw people want to believe it.

you get way way way way more for your money with the g37 then the bmw.

IMHO the only real thing the 335i has going for it is the MODDING Capabilites for the engine... thats it.

interior goes to G37
looks although subject i believe goes to the G37
performance in a STOCK form are going to be EQUAL. give or take your prefrence for straight line/braking/high reving/driver feel/forced induction.. whatever its going to be up to you....
PRICE goes to G37

and hey im pretty sure the G37 has a stock Car alarm too.. weird

im not bashing the 335i in any way i absolutely love what it brings to the table and if it wasnt for the G35 coupe the 335i wouldnt have even been made... im glad that there are choices out there like this now.. and BMW makes a great car! im still undecided as to what to get.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 04:37 PM   #7
younghov85
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 black 325

I think just owning a BMW over an Infiniti is a plus to many because it just places in a higher standard of automobiles, but in no way does that mean that all BMWs are superior to Infiniti, Lexus and Acura.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 07:04 PM   #8
berm3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i

I went with my gf to the infiniti dealer last Friday to check out the new g35 sedan, and after sitting in it there is no way that that car can compare to BMW with the quality. The g35 has very cheap interior like Nissan Sentra. I would never spend 35k for that car, even if it's doing quarter mile in 10 sec. After the Infiniti dealer we went to Lexus dealer, and Lexus IS250/350 is so much nicer. The interior quality of the Lexus just blows away the quality of the Infiniti. People have to understand that some cars will be cheaper and faster then some BMWs, but they won't be necessarily better then BMWs. I would rather buy certify pre-owned BMW over any brand new Infiniti.
      06-18-2007, 07:39 PM   #9
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

your a good man berm for admitting the quality of the Lexus Interior. I just wish BMW would give us an LCD screen to view what is going on like Infiniti.
Boooooo iDrive at $2100!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #10
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
very nicely said
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #11
Tarthuss
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedg35 View Post
this a bmw forum and i seriously doubt you will get thought out responses with factual information.. but i will try to help you here

its going to come down to prefrence and price for most people. they are equal cars but i doubt you bmw people want to believe it.

IMHO the only real thing the 335i has going for it is the MODDING Capabilites for the engine... thats it.

interior goes to G37
performance in a STOCK form are going to be EQUAL. give or take your prefrence for straight line/braking/high reving/driver feel/forced induction.. whatever its going to be up to you....
PRICE goes to G37

im not bashing the 335i in any way i absolutely love what it brings to the table and if it wasnt for the G35 coupe the 335i wouldnt have even been made... im glad that there are choices out there like this now.. and BMW makes a great car! im still undecided as to what to get.

You are right that you won't get a straight answer, however, by your post I can tell that you yourself are bias towards infiniti.

BMW has NOTHING to envy on the interior's elegance, comfort,prestige, etc... towards performance it has nothing to envy either. Basically the 335i is an overall better car than the G37 BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY A LOT MORE TO GET IT.

I'd also like to say that I think that the new G37 looks exactly like the old one with a little bit more curves, it doesn't look like a new platform car, it looks like the tweaked some small things. I didn't like that.

The 335i is better all around except in the wallet. No disrespect to inifinti, I love the sound of that engine
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 09:30 PM   #12
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep

Quote:

interior goes to G37
PRICE goes to G37

You're telling people you're gonna come out with "straight factual information" and the first thing you say is "interior goes to G37". "looks go to G37"

nice "facts" buddy...

if we wanted "thought out responses" from Nissan fanboi's, we would've asked for em. buy a g37 and stay far, far away from this forum.... i'm beggin you! Nissan could use the extra sale!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #13
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

the infiniti will be cheaper faster and more reliable

and still nobody will want one
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 09:34 PM   #14
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghov85 View Post
I would think that the G37 would be a better daily driver and the 335i would be better around the track, as BMW is performance-bred. I think these two coupes will be very close and the G37 actually winning in some comparisons. But overall, the 335i will be the winner. One thing I must say though is that Infiniti has really stepped their game up especially in the area of interior quality. The G35 sedan is so much better than the previous model. they took into consideration every area and made smart adjustments. They are definitely making themselves a top contender for BMW.
Just my .02 cents.
I expected that as well.. but Early comparo tests i think in Edmunds basically flat out said that the G37 outhandled the 335i at the track. I belive the G37 comes with an LSD factory as well. So once again, the G37 will outperform the top of the line 3 series. not like us BMW guys aren't used to it already. :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #15
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep

haha i find it funny the people talking shit drive like a 88 bmw or a 330..

anyway go sit in the new g37 when it comes out and then you tell me the interior isnt better.. im sorry but bmw is like last place as far as luxury interior goes..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 12:12 PM   #16
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep

and im not partial to either car g37 or 335i.. ill most likely get the 2008 m3 im just trying to help you with the choice.

what it all boils down to is whoever is buying the car what they are using to choose and what their standards are.. they are the ones who are going to be driving it so who cares..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #17
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
the infiniti will be cheaper faster and more reliable

and still nobody will want one
uglier and feelingless...you may add...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #18
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep

Quote:

anyway go sit in the new g37 when it comes out and then you tell me the interior isnt better.. im sorry but bmw is like last place as far as luxury interior goes..
Hey guess what. Infiniti's interior is not better. I said it. What you gonna do about it, slam your keyboard against the wall or something? That's my opinion, and alot of others here. You have your opinion. We have ours. You're on a BMW forum. WTF do you expect?

And way to try and diss my "88 bmw". Fact is your Inshittibox wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the e30 BMW. the e30 also looks way better than any slanted chinese headlights and wierd ass styling that the Germans and Japs do these days. So I still dont get your point.

Also I dont recall the 330i losing 1 comparo to the G35, despite the G35 outperforming it in every category, and being priced thousands less than the 330. Way to go Nissan keep up the good work. Hopefully you'll have some more real intelligent guys shelling out 35k for a car but complaining about an extra 3k. "Beyond Machine" POS.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 01:47 PM   #19
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep

dude id be pissed if i had a 20year old car too..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 02:05 PM   #20
berm3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

G35 = Nissan Sentra (interior) , anybody can tell you that who ever owned any luxury car before. BMWs only valid competitor right now is Lexus not Infiniti.
      06-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #21
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by berm3 View Post
G35 = Nissan Sentra (interior) , anybody can tell you that who ever owned any luxury car before. BMWs only valid competitor right now is Lexus not Infiniti.
i guess your right.. i wonder why every and all car review/magazine/ BUYER is going to compare the two cars.. guess they have no idea what they are doing either

and knock knock....

whos there.....

lexus...

lexus who? you dont have a phucking coupe get out of the damn convo with your automatic driving sedan!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #22
berm3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Nissan a Luxury car LOL. Maybe in Utah.