BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

Mporium BMW

01-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
len56
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a gentleman

Mass Effect 3 (+ the ME soundtrack)

Who's excited for Mass Effect 3?

I'm not much of a gamer (I own 4 games for my xbox lol), but this series somehow manages to completely consume me and I totally nerd out. I haven't even played the first one yet. ME2 was basically like watching a space epic with playable parts. I love it. Maybe it's my love of space-things. (Two of my other games are halo )

The music is also some of the best I've ever heard. Some examples (if you're into epic stuff):

Mass Effect 3 Music previews (sounds fcking great)

and from ME2, maybe the best epic song I've ever heard:
      01-05-2012, 03:44 AM   #2
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
this made me a little excited. Music is pretty damn good. Im sure it sets the mood quite nicely in the game.
      01-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
Oni_
Private
Rep
Drives: ...

This is really the only RPG that I've played on any of the consoles in the last few years (couldn't get into Dragon Age). I've never been big into sci-fi stories (always preferred the medieval times), and I've fallen out of love with the time consuming leveling up RPGs. This series really just works so well that none of that mattered.

ME2 had such a great balance of action, cut-scenes, and core story telling. The original Mass Effect really tells the whole story best of why you are here and what's going on - not to mention the Reaper's voice in ME1 just sounded so cool. However, if you've played ME2, I think it's hard to play ME1 just because of the action and pacing being distinctly different. I'd still recommend playing ME1, though.

I loved the introduction to ME2 as it definitely sucked me into playing the game right away. It's been rare for almost any game that I've played where I just felt such a great desire to keep playing to figure out what the heck is happening and what will happen next. Of course, if I hadn't played ME1, I'm not sure that it would have had the same effect.

Yeah, I'm excited.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Bioware and Bethesda need to team up and make the ultimate RPG! Unfortunatly for me, I never got into Mass Effect....whish I had though. I've always been an Elder Scrolls fan.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Yes, I am really looking forward to it. I have about ten playthroughs that cover a bunch of different choice variations, and am looking forward to getting through as many of them as possible.

If you like the ME-type experience in a (modern era-type) RPG, I thought Alpha Protocol was interesting, too. The only bad thing about that game was the shooter angle was rather badly done. The story was good, though, and the ability to radically change the direction of the story (far more so than in Mass Effect,) was neat.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Mass Effect 2 is one of my all time favorite games at the moment. It is really very very good. And I can't wait for ME3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Bioware and Bethesda need to team up and make the ultimate RPG! Unfortunatly for me, I never got into Mass Effect....whish I had though. I've always been an Elder Scrolls fan.
It's not too late to try it. You still have a month before the third installment comes out. However, don't expect a Elder Scrolls type game, it isn't just you in an open universe. Level selection may be open, but once you enter into a level it tends to be linear until complete.
      01-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

The good thing is that if you start playing ME1 now, by the time you get to the end of ME2+its various DLC, the price of ME3 will have fallen to the $40 range.
Appreciate 0