BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

BPM

05-24-2008, 01:11 AM   #1
dbellin19
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW DCT

1200 mile service in S. Korea

I am active duty military and am taking delivery of a 2008 M3 sedan DCT in South Korea. I am told I have a build date in JUN08 and have paid for the car. I was in Germany before S. Korea and they (BMW and Audi) of course honored all warranty items for US spec'ed vehicles. To my dismay I was informed by the sales associate through military sale Rep from KOLON BMW in Korea that BMW does not honor the warranty in S. Korea but it will pick I up when I get back to the US as long as it is within the timeline/mileage thresholds. I tried to search but didn't find any meaningful thread with S. Korea in them.

1. Any one know if this is true or can point me in the right direction.

2. If this isn't covered, is it advised to have it completed since some countries outside the US don't require this service?

3. If I do indeed need to have this done, what should I be charged? BMW here has a tendacy to overcharge US spec;ed vehicles in Korea due to massive price differences between US and Korean spec vehicles.

Thaks in advance and I have been reading this forum for weeks without posting and have found it quite informative and entertaining. Glad to be apart of the M3 Team.

DJ
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
Buffalo
10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

dbellin19,

I purchased my M3 Coupe in Seoul through Kolon motors as well. I believe you may have been misinformed about your warranty overseas. Below is the link that may help clarify your issues. From my understanding, if you have orders to drive your M3 in Korea (of course higher ranking officials) than BMW of South Korea will warranty any defects but not provide maintenance (i.e. free oil changes or brake pads/resurfacing). I hope this helps, enjoy your car. I think you may be the first service member in Korea with an M3, mine is getting shipped to Cali then Hawaii.

http://www.bmw-military-korea.com/ab...ty.asp?m=1&s=3
Appreciate 0