BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Mporium BMW

08-04-2007, 02:20 AM   #1
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

SICK Autobild Video

Lots of burnouts, huge smoky drifts and great sound. Probably even the infamous squeaky "race pads". Unfortunately, for me it is in German (south - full translation please...just kidding).

Here
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 02:57 AM   #2
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

I tell you his verdict:

A great experience - all I can say is: A great experience.
The legend is alive. It's not only the engine with it's amazing power revving to 8400, but also the balance of the whole car, it's light, it's fast, it's unbelievably trenchant (?), the legend M3 lives on...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 04:52 AM   #3
I'm takin' the day off.
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M

That guy can drive! He comments that the steering is very good. Also mentions top speed of 280kph, can any one confirm that? Nice post thanks.
      08-04-2007, 05:03 AM   #4
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Alright Swamp2, merry x-mas. there were a couple of words that were hard to hear or that i couldn't understand, but here is the full translation of the video with some queues so you can keep track of what things are being said at what parts. what an awesome video and a great find. here you go:

the M3....(burn outs, drifts, and track shots) dialogue begins: "420 hp, zero to 100 kmh in 4,8 seconds, top speed to 280 km, price 66000 euro, stronger, faster, more expensive than ever before...and BETTER. (shows the picture of the original m3): "everything began with him, the 1st M3 20 years ago, key recognizable traits: the thick back and enormous rear spoiler, under the hood- 4 cylinders, 200 hp, 0-100 kmh in 7 seconds, 18,000 cars until were built until 1991.” (shows the yellow m3) "the next edition, inconspicious like a 320e, there were many achievements and the first time using a 6 cylinder. 286 hp made the new m3 at the time the 'porsche killer.' by the way the only m3 offered in a four door configuration. (shows the silver m3) "the beginning of 2000-the third generation. Five times in a row the high revving engine earned the title ‘engine of the year.’ 0-100 kmh 5,2 seconds, 343 horsepower, with it an ingenious sound and fanastic chassis. For many, the best BMW of all time….UNTIL TODAY.”

Because the new m3 does EVERYTHING better. “Carbon roof, aluminum bonnet, the fenders made of synthetic materials, through it the car saves weight, and more importantly, meets prospects for the long run. Amazingly, the 4 litre v-8 is lighter than the previous 6 cyliner engine. Furthermore, there is a new 6 speed transmission and a plan for a new double plated gearbox system. All things considered, for the m3 there is only one answer: OFF TO THE RACETRACK. (shows ascari race track) “the ascari race track in andalucia. Perhaps the most beautiful racetrack in the world. The perfect location and a fire red m3 earnestly awaiting the challenge. (shows the driver) our man who was up to the challenge, autobild’s test reviewer Dirk Branke. (now dirk talks) “Very beautiful motor, unbelievable shifting, giving it very precise control and guidance. The design functions wonderfully, and nobody misses the SMG. Always perfect handling. Very serious and you have a good sense of the weight. The car is incredibly well balanced, from 5 to 50 and through the curves one can really notice this. There is also the Mdrive feature. Here one can make adjustments on the throttle, suspension, sport characteristics, and ESP. “

(pulls up and brakes squeal) An experience. I can only say great experience. To say it short, the legend continues on. The success is not just the motor, unbelievable craft, revving to 8400. It is something about the balance: it is light, it is fast, it is contagious, the legendary m3 lives on.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 12:13 PM   #5
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmtclimber View Post
Alright Swamp2, merry x-mas.
You are too kind, to me and to all who will enjoy the video, thanks!
Appreciate 0