BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-24-2015, 07:44 AM   #1
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
New E9X catback produced locally

Hi Guys, been working on this project for a long time now and after finishing the rest of the system (Full X pipe or track pipes) the hardest to get right was the catback, sound is so important
The objective was to produce something locally that matches any quality at a price without the BMW tax. This is a full stainless system with ceramic coated tips and will sell at wholesale price to members.
This is on my car and also has the track pipes making it louder than if it was just on a stock system Available now with an optional valve setup for when an X pipe is used so the volume can be pulled back. If you like that traditional deep V8 sound this might suit. You need either a headset or reasonable speakers to get an idea of the sound
I'll get some proper footage on a track when time permits, but in the meantime...

Appreciate 1
      06-24-2015, 08:10 AM   #2
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Hi Guys, been working on this project for a long time now and after finishing the rest of the system (Full X pipe or track pipes) the hardest to get right was the catback, sound is so important
The objective was to produce something locally that matches any quality at a price without the BMW tax. This is a full stainless system with ceramic coated tips and will sell at wholesale price to members.
This is on my car and also has the track pipes making it louder than if it was just on a stock system Available now with an optional valve setup for when an X pipe is used so the volume can be pulled back. If you like that traditional deep V8 sound this might suit. You need either a headset or reasonable speakers to get an idea of the sound
I'll get some proper footage on a track when time permits, but in the meantime...
Nice
      06-24-2015, 08:29 AM   #3
Rocket_Rod
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 & M2 F87

Garage List
Quote:

Nice one!
Which system is the one you've recorded on the vid?
With track pipes?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 09:26 AM   #4
leeb8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:

subscribed. future updates please.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 04:21 PM   #5
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Rod View Post
Nice one!
Which system is the one you've recorded on the vid?
With track pipes?
Yes Rod, track pipes installed. We fitted a system to a car last night that was totally stock and it sounds almost the same but quieter. This system is not overly loud and it might be necessary to do a "race" version for those who want a really loud system, but as a daily driver this is really good, even with track pipes it's not too loud
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 04:49 PM   #6
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Yes Rod, track pipes installed. We fitted a system to a car last night that was totally stock and it sounds almost the same but quieter. This system is not overly loud and it might be necessary to do a "race" version for those who want a really loud system, but as a daily driver this is really good, even with track pipes it's not too loud
Dave, we need some drive-by sound clips please. It has the potential to be a winner
      06-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #7
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
Dave, we need some drive-by sound clips please. It has the potential to be a winner
Thanks K Yes absolutely, I'm trying to organise a bit of time at one of our local tracks to do this so it can be unleashed and not have background traffic noise.

I'm hoping it will go well with a base price sub 1K because it will support local manufacture. The guy who is building these is an owner operator with 20 years experience and does it all in house. Our locals know him and anyone who has been there is always impressed
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 06:03 PM   #8
Rocket_Rod
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks K Yes absolutely, I'm trying to organise a bit of time at one of our local tracks to do this so it can be unleashed and not have background traffic noise.

I'm hoping it will go well with a base price sub 1K because it will support local manufacture. The guy who is building these is an owner operator with 20 years experience and does it all in house. Our locals know him and anyone who has been there is always impressed
Awesome mate.
Can't wait.

Who said Aussie Manufacturing is dead?

I'm keen to hear the various verions before deciding.

The other bit of infor the masses may want is the weight. Those that think they drive for a Formula 1 team will want to know if there is a weight saving compared to the $5k system they bought a year ago.....
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 06:50 PM   #9
American Dave
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
getting rid of the stock front pipes and x-pipe now that will save some weight
Jerez Black 2008 6MT with Borla Atak Exhaust/ M3 World X Pipe and Test Pipes/ aFe Pro Stage 2 Intake / 19" Advan DZ-DF Forged Wheels wrapped in ContiSport Contact 5P 245/35/19 Fronts & 285/30/19 Rears/ KW Var 3 Coilovers / BPM Sports Stage 2 Tuned/ VAC Rod Bearing Replacement / Throttle Body Actuator Gear Set
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #10
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

I watched the installation with Dave and the guys last night and confirm it looks and sounds fantastic, I absolutely love those ceramic tips Dave. I'm looking forward to in car footage and the owners thoughts to confirm drone levels etc

Definitely need to weigh the new system to confirm the saving over the stock lump. I guessing it's significant
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 08:18 PM   #11
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSEA View Post
I watched the installation with Dave and the guys last night and confirm it looks and sounds fantastic, I absolutely love those ceramic tips Dave. I'm looking forward to in car footage and the owners thoughts to confirm drone levels etc

Definitely need to weigh the new system to confirm the saving over the stock lump. I guessing it's significant
Thanks Rob, you are right, should have weighed it, I have a 2.75" system will check that but it's heavier.

Vid taken last night was poor sound quality but included anyway. I'm planning on doing a proper vid as soon as I can

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 09:16 PM   #12
Wobba
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT

Great work! Count me in.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 10:35 PM   #13
Rocket_Rod
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks Rob, you are right, should have weighed it, I have a 2.75" system will check that but it's heavier.

Vid taken last night was poor sound quality but included anyway. I'm planning on doing a proper vid as soon as I can
Love the drama of the Vid... awesome.
Seriously, congratz on what looks to be a great bit of kit.

Speak soon about my order....
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 10:37 PM   #14
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Rod View Post
Love the drama of the Vid... awesome.
Seriously, congratz on what looks to be a great bit of kit.

Speak soon about my order....
Thanks Rod! That's great.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 08:12 PM   #15
EarthboundMisfit
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I like it Dave. I like it a lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 08:16 PM   #16
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthboundMisfit View Post
I like it Dave. I like it a lot.
Thanks H, I'm glad you do, Dean put one on for the ///Muster to Albury and he's really happy with his. He does not have the primary cat delete and it is quieter. Hopefully get some flypasts later today
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #17
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks H, I'm glad you do, Dean put one on for the ///Muster to Albury and he's really happy with his. He does not have the primary cat delete and it is quieter. Hopefully get some flypasts later today
Looking forward to the flypasts Dave
Have you got anyone lined up for p cat delete and your system? Id love to hear that as well. I picked up my new toy Thursday and love the sound when under load. Just needs something extra when not up it
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 08:40 PM   #18
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Looking forward to the flypasts Dave
Have you got anyone lined up for p cat delete and your system? Id love to hear that as well. I picked up my new toy Thursday and love the sound when under load. Just needs something extra when not up it
Yes Rob Mine has the primary cat delete so that's what you heard. As you heard it barks nicely with standing reves as you heard. Reason I don't have the X-Pipe on mine is I think the primary cat delete and Rear section will be the most popular combo so it's good to have something to demo. Deans was a standard system with just the cat back and a bit quieter
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 09:17 PM   #19
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

The stock system weighs 25 KGs

I have a 2.75" system ready to ship and just weighed it and it comes in ~ 16 Kgs, the regular 2.5" system should come in at ~14-15Kgs so a saving of 10kgs odd over stock.

You can't hear any drone at all in mine... but maybe that's because of the SC whine
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 10:38 PM   #20
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hey Dave. Yours sounds brilliant but a non sc car would surely sound different again ?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 10:46 PM   #21
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey Dave. Yours sounds brilliant but a non sc car would surely sound different again ?
Thanks Rob, only the whine is missing, the Harrop kit has zero boost until demand but the screws rotating and chopping the air give it the whine most of the time, the exhaust tone is not really affected until it comes onto boost,so what you heard on my car is what you get with a primary cat delete, if you want the whine it costs extra
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 11:01 PM   #22
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Whine is on the shopping list :-)
Cheers Dave
Appreciate 0