BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

12-18-2009, 06:02 AM   #89
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 07:20 AM   #90
bogdan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
OP is an asshole. Cops on a power trip, fuk yeah...

Quote:
And I should care because?
Hey, look everyone, there is some flame-bait.

Sooo, Stanky... How would you have handled it?
My dog swallowed my FOB. Luckily it was Comfort Access so I could still drive the car. Of course I had to take him with me everywhere and every time he rolled over the windows went down.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #91
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitar335i View Post
Tonight I was going out to work to finish up a report. Its a nice cool night and I took the 335i. Well, I was in the slow lane and I see a set of HID lights pull up on my rear bumper fast! WTF?!? It changes lanes and it was a murdered out 350Z. Pretty much he was jabbing at his throttle getting me to run. I just stayed in the slow lane and cruised. After a minute or so of trying the driver side window rolls down and some idiot sticks his hand out and gives me a thumbs down. The guy zooms off and begins weaving through traffic.

I keep my pace and he gets stuck behind traffic. Again I am side by side with this clown and he again tries to get me to run. Well, I end up getting ahead of him, he changes lanes, and he begins to ride my ass. He was so close that I couldnt even see his headlights anymore. That's 1. I take a exit and he follows. Perfect. I call in to my co-worker who was on beat and told him to position himself should this idiot follow me into my city. My lane splits into 2 lanes and he gets beside me. The driver looks over and says," Hey bitch.. lets see what that over priced piece of shit can do." and begins revving his engine. The light turns green and he peels out. That's 2.

Speed limit is 35 and he is doing about 50+. That's 3. The next light turns red and we end up next to each other again. Once again I get the verbal abuse. Driver: "Come on bitch. I will smoke your ass." The Passenger: "What a fucking pussy." I turn to them and said," You never know.. there might be cops around." Not sure who said it but I heard " Fuck the police". The light turns red and he burns out again. That's 4.

My bluetooth goes off and its my partner working beat. I roll up my window and answer my phone. I have him a description of the car and he said he was ready. Light turns green and he sees my partner who has his unit sticking out behind a safeway store and right when he passed my buddy lit his ass up. He pulls over and I pull in behind my buddy and put on my bullet proof vest that was in my trunk.

As my partner backed me up, I went up to the car and identified myself as the police and both of them were in shock. I got his driver license, registration, and insurance. He didn't say anything. I grabbed one of my buddy's cites n hit him up for speeding, exhibition of speed- 2 counts, tinted driver and passenger side windows, and Exhaust. As I filled out the cite I told my buddy to take them out of the car and to tell the driver that his car was getting towed as well.

I went up to the driver and explained to him what I was citing him for and that the Exhibition of Speed was a misdemeanor though we weren't going to arrest him but his car was now mine. He broke down and started to cry!!! Started whimpering and saying " I have finals tomorrow sir! How am I going to get to work?" "Please don't take my car!" The kid was 18 years old and he had to call his dad to pick him up. Needless to say the dad wasn't happy. Tow truck came and took the car. Pretty much he's going to have to pay around 400 bucks to get the car back.

I felt no pity. So lesson is, don't go picking races with people because you never know who you might run into. This kid learned the hard way.
Very very nice. I am not a saint..but since I am an instructor for BMW Club, Audi Club, Hooked on Driving, I tend to occasionally suggest to idiots I find on the street...to hit the track in a safe environment instead. I really think he may have learned a good lesson there.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #92
JoeBMX
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Registered just to say, epic story. Awesome catch!

From here:
http://forums.motivemag.com/zerothread?id=4690404
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 10:41 AM   #93
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

Quote:
Really though guys. I am no saint myself. I didn't buy a 335i to always drive the speed limit and go slow. Have I been pulled over for speeding before? Of course I have. Have I ever gone up against other cars? Of course I have. Again, its all human nature and sometimes people do things at the heat of the moment. That's why 99% of the tickets I write are NON Speeding tickets. In my 4 years I have only issued 2 speeding tickets and this is one of them.

If this kid was just speeding around like an idiot I wouldn't have even cared. The mere fact that he was calling me names and egging me on. That's a different story. Before I got on with the department I had a e36 and was racing everyone and believe me I had my fair share of tickets and I deserved every one of them. When I got the 335i well, I had a few lapses back to my old e36 days.. but in the end I never did anything crazy. Members that know me personally on this board can vouch for me personally. Hell, I don't even pull people over for no front plates because I don't have one myself.

I'm not super big on traffic tickets and pulling people over. Its the drug dealers, gang bangers, and guys who beat up on their wives n kids that interest me. Hell, one day I may get pulled over for running someone and when/if that days comes I will eat it.

Believe me, I sympathize with car enthusiasts as I have given a million breaks...this is just an isolated case. I don't feel high and mighty.. this kid just had it coming...
Your honesty is refreshing. thanks for not being disingenuous.

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #94
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

They are really bashing the OP on m3forum. i guess they're all buddies with the kid who got busted.
      12-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #95
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
OP is an asshole. Cops on a power trip, fuk yeah...
Got any pics of your 350z?
      12-18-2009, 11:11 AM   #96
franky65
Private
Rep
Drives: HR Z

Quote:
Tonight I was going out to work to finish up a report. Its a nice cool night and I took the 335i. Well, I was in the slow lane and I see a set of HID lights pull up on my rear bumper fast! WTF?!? It changes lanes and it was a murdered out 350Z. Pretty much he was jabbing at his throttle getting me to run. I just stayed in the slow lane and cruised. After a minute or so of trying the driver side window rolls down and some idiot sticks his hand out and gives me a thumbs down. The guy zooms off and begins weaving through traffic.

I keep my pace and he gets stuck behind traffic. Again I am side by side with this clown and he again tries to get me to run. Well, I end up getting ahead of him, he changes lanes, and he begins to ride my ass. He was so close that I couldnt even see his headlights anymore. That's 1. I take a exit and he follows. Perfect. I call in to my co-worker who was on beat and told him to position himself should this idiot follow me into my city. My lane splits into 2 lanes and he gets beside me. The driver looks over and says," Hey bitch.. lets see what that over priced piece of shit can do." and begins revving his engine. The light turns green and he peels out. That's 2.

Speed limit is 35 and he is doing about 50+. That's 3. The next light turns red and we end up next to each other again. Once again I get the verbal abuse. Driver: "Come on bitch. I will smoke your ass." The Passenger: "What a fucking pussy." I turn to them and said," You never know.. there might be cops around." Not sure who said it but I heard " Fuck the police". The light turns red and he burns out again. That's 4.

My bluetooth goes off and its my partner working beat. I roll up my window and answer my phone. I have him a description of the car and he said he was ready. Light turns green and he sees my partner who has his unit sticking out behind a safeway store and right when he passed my buddy lit his ass up. He pulls over and I pull in behind my buddy and put on my bullet proof vest that was in my trunk.

As my partner backed me up, I went up to the car and identified myself as the police and both of them were in shock. I got his driver license, registration, and insurance. He didn't say anything. I grabbed one of my buddy's cites n hit him up for speeding, exhibition of speed- 2 counts, tinted driver and passenger side windows, and Exhaust. As I filled out the cite I told my buddy to take them out of the car and to tell the driver that his car was getting towed as well.

I went up to the driver and explained to him what I was citing him for and that the Exhibition of Speed was a misdemeanor though we weren't going to arrest him but his car was now mine. He broke down and started to cry!!! Started whimpering and saying " I have finals tomorrow sir! How am I going to get to work?" "Please don't take my car!" The kid was 18 years old and he had to call his dad to pick him up. Needless to say the dad wasn't happy. Tow truck came and took the car. Pretty much he's going to have to pay around 400 bucks to get the car back.

I felt no pity. So lesson is, don't go picking races with people because you never know who you might run into. This kid learned the hard way.
Street racing is one thing but to harass people, publicly yell and try to humiliate others in a car (350z) that's not even that fast.
Well done bro if I were you I would have arrested him though, he's lucky he got away easy. I have had my share of street racing but I have never in my life followed or yelled at people let alone trying to be a cry baby thug, "F the cops" and than start crying 5 minutes later. I do admit when I got nailed for speeding or whatever I tried to get out of it with my military ID/service which is really irresponsible and derogatory to the Marine corp but than again I was young, restless but man this kid really pissed me off today. I used to street race at midnights on strips of roads that were dead empty for the safety of others. However in the middle of traffic, Following an innocent guy that is just driving along with his every day life and insulting him!! I would have arrested him and cuffed his hands so tight that he would have cried for his mum and slammed the living hell out of him till he bled. I guess that's why I'm not a cop and people like you with more patience and tolerance are
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #97
j-dogg
Rep
Drives: 1994 Ford Probe GT

registered here from probetalk.com to say

OP ftmfw. we could use you in Kissimmee, FL

Think I'll hang around, cool little board here. I saw an E92 M3 today.......do want
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #98
Scimitar335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I may be praised and I will be bashed. This is the internet. Everyone has their opinion. What some people fail to realize is that traffic stops are only the tip of the iceberg of what we do. Some people however think that's ALL WE DO because the most interaction we have with people are on the road stopping people.

You don't see the psychos we deal with, you don't see the inhumanity that people do to each other, you don't see the pain and suffering out there. I have seen stuff that made me want to not come back to work but I still do. This for one does not stop my resolve for one second.

I'm still going to go to work, I am still going to make money, I am still going to do my job how I see fit. What I do on my personal time is my time. This is probably the last story I will share regarding the things I do at work, seeing as how it can cause so much uproar. With that said.. mods please end this thread...

Last edited by Scimitar335i; 12-18-2009 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread