BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-27-2009, 06:48 AM   #23
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

shitty idea...no offense, but extremely shitty idea.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #24
Metal*07*328i*Head
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG, Step, 18" 123's, BMS, ect.

I got my GED @ 17, and never looked back. It worked out for me, I have a good job, nice car, nice pad, sexy GF and a cute little pit bull puppy named Sundae

I didnt go to school though(college), I got my GED - Got a job and have had to work really hard. But for me it was the right move.

But while my friends and lady are in school, im already saving for a house next year.

IF you are going to graduate early and test out, by all means go for it - dont hold yourself back. BUT know what your getting in to, once you are out of HS you are gone for good, and you will have to bust your ass to get where you want to go.

im 21 now, and glad I made the choices I did, just make sure you can and want to handle whatever is next.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #25
vjordan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 135i cabrio space/coral

GED=short term fix

A GED is a substitute degree for those that have to feel part of the system....Schooling is a means of educating you in areas that you normally would not be exposed to....Your senior year in high school,while it may seem a waste of your time now..can be really a productive year..school abroad..or semester abroad...internships..school politics..etc. Also, college at any level , is the beginning of your socialization..without the necessary phases of developement,it could take you the rest of your life to catch up..Money..Success..And then choose the wrong girl to be your mate..noooo....Speeding up the process is not the answer...Getting the max out of each year and jumping thru all the hoops is..by the way, i left out joing a fraternity as a significant part of this college experience...This is just my opinion based on years of schooling and the military...I wouldn't chage a thing...Good luck to you...You are in for a great time..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 05:14 AM   #26
Kyosho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 // Panamera Turbo

Get your high school degree. Don't drop out and take the GED. Enjoy high school. I loved my senior year, I wouldn't mind going back and licing those days again. Everything was just easier :]
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 04:51 PM   #27
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

A GED just plain looks bad. Even if you're doing "the right thing" by taking that initiative of graduating early, you'd have to explain that to everyone who sees your resume......after they've seen "GED" and already made up their mind about you.

Perception is very important when trying to make an impression on future employers, which is why they interview you and ask about personal activities. They can already tell most of your proficiency from your resume, everything else is to feel you out and see if you're someone they want to deal with. A GED will definitely put some people off from even talking to you.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #28
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #29
lesha
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 - 335 coupe

if you don't care about typical college experience, living in a dorm/going to parties/joining a frat/going to a football game and just want to get your degree as soon as possible, i say go for GED

2 years of associate degree in local college will save you a ton of money, you are likely to get better grades and have an easier time (i went to a school that is difficult to gen into and it was really hard to get good grades as the competition was really stiff), get good grades and then go one to get your bachelors degree. you'll save a ton of money and going to get a job 1 year earlier, i went the traditional route and my sister went to the community college route, she is having a blast, living with parents, not paying for anything

Last edited by lesha; 12-09-2009 at 09:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #30
lesha
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 - 335 coupe

also, when u have a college degree you don't even put HS on your resume, people just assume that you obviously graduated HS if you have a college degree, no one will even ask or request HS transcript
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #31
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

i rather have college tail than high school tail to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #32
vioaltec
Sasha Fierce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 3 series coupe

GO TO COLLEGE, and maybe graduate school... YOUR young, dont fuck up your life so early kid
      12-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #33
BOOSTFTW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i e36 m3

I miss high school . Best times of my life. stay in school OP.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #34
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoGoGoGo View Post
+1 to staying in school. A) Senior year is super FUN, B) Skip the community college thing and go right to the "real deal." C) MOST People automatically equate GED with a returned dropout.

TALK TO YOUR PARENTS, also talk to the college counselor at your high school. Try calling the admissions department of some 4-year universities and see how they feel about accepting the GED.

Good luck.

P.S. - Just because someone buys a used $19,000 BMW doesn't make them successful. Hell, just because someone buys a brand new 7 series doesn't make them successful either!
+1

One thing I've realized in the last year or two is that anyone 'CAN' buy anything.
      12-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #35
DenverJayhawk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

You want to drop out of high school and get your GED so you can start college earlier? Stay in school. You have plenty of time left in your life to get a nice car.

330i, Black Sapphire, 6MT, Sport, Active Steering, Flux Capacitor
Appreciate 0