BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-06-2021, 06:47 AM   #1
Ajolives
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
M Certified Dealer matter?

Does anyone know or have first-hand knowledge of M certified dealers making a difference in level of repair?

I'm looking to get my recalls done and a dealership farther away is rated as such and wondering if it would be worth the extra drive. Reviews on the whole seem decent so I'll probably just go there anyways, just throwing it out there.

Also, 95% my battery cable connection took a $hit yesterday. My car was completely unresponsive when trying to pull into the garage yesterday. After an hour, gave the fuse box a good shake, reconnected the battery, and she came back to life like nothing happened!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 07:47 AM   #2
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

m certified is a marketing ploy and it granted to the dealership based on sales volume allowing them priority on certain M models like getting an HOA M model before most other dealerships. It also means they bought that ridiculous red and black M car display for the showroom, as far as service it really doesnt mean shit. You may not know this but the majority of technicians dont want to work on your car because they are flat rate, a "M thusiast" like yourself is more likely to bring a car back after a repair which is known as a "comeback" and then the technician really isnt making any money on looking at a comeback which could be due to something such as a noise after repair or whatever else someone may cry about after taking their car in for service. tldr, if you have a dealer you already are familiar with just take your car there, for the battery cable B+ recall it really isnt any different of a repair than any other e90 its just cutting the old cable to the jbe 8" down and using a huge crimp tool to rejoin the new section.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 2
Ajolives922.00
JayR_e92239.00
      07-06-2021, 07:53 AM   #3
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

m training means 1 or 2 of the top sales people and the sales manger went down to the performance driving center sat through some videos and drove around the track then drank wine and smoked cigars. i used to work at an "m certified" dealer the M sales people werent genies they were just good at selling cars, the only reason people drove bmws there was because of the employee lease incentives.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 1
Ajolives922.00
      07-06-2021, 09:14 AM   #4
Ajolives
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Thanks, figured it was a marketing/sales initiative, just didn't know the depth of BS involved, haha. Good to know!
Appreciate 0