BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #551
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Yeah cause no one has ever wrecked an E92 being a moron.
There's probably many wrecked E9x, but I'm sure it never happened by hammering the gaz in straight line. Even with my s/c I almost never lose traction in second gear, only when it's really cold and it's at 7000-7500rpm, from what I eard, tuned F8x spins in first, second and third gear.

Last edited by Alex07M3; 01-14-2015 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:59 AM   #552
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
I drove Aznboi E92 GPOWER kit for over 500 miles(500rwhp). It had plenty of traction problems itself... lol.
See it like that, at equal performance, the F8x will have 250-300lb-ft more torque in the mid range then the E9x, on a front engine/RWD platforme.

Most rwd/+600hp cars have some kind of traction issues, but these two cars are in a different categorie.

Last edited by Alex07M3; 01-14-2015 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 12:26 PM   #553
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Gimme the keys I can wreck anything.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 06:00 PM   #554
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Kind of disturbing to think that on one side there is you who dislike the sound of MPE on the E9x while at the same time there is this 458 Speciale owner who absolutly praise the sound of the S65 with MPE and even dare to say he likes it more then its own Ferrari, probably the most appreciated exhaust note in the world of exotic cars.

Says a lot about the subjectivity of people's appreciation for exhaust notes! Or it could simply makes us wonder if some people are'nt just being of bad faith, specially when you see that there are two consensus(S65 = one of the best sound, S55 = one of the worst sound) and that this same person goes against both, and even more so when you know which car this person owns, just a thought!
I go around telling people not to let go of their E9x M3s, but the problem is, people do get bored after owning the same car for a few years. Eventually, I could only tell them that they will miss the car. I made the same mistake myself The best thing about the S65 with MPE is that it sounds absolutely sensational at both the induction and exhaust front. The engine sounds good in a cold start and at any rev. Once past 5k rpm, it turns into such an aggressive and mechanical growl it makes my hair stand in attention. The Speciale unfortunately, is not among Ferrari's best moments when it comes to sound. Many fellow owners have complained about its sound esp those who used to own the Italia. The damn sound from this car is nothing but low bassy crap. U need to rev the crap out of it to get some semblance of that signature Ferrari roar. No F1 scream on this car however hard u try. If u trust Chris Harris, u should hear it from him in his comparison video of the Speciale vs the GT3.

I have driven the F82 M4 and it's an excellent car. Just not exciting in my opinion. Subjectivity is part of what makes this world go round and I respect people's preference for the F8x cars. Some just like to go fast in a straight line while some prefer other things. No absolute right or wrong. Hell, there are even people who "upgrade" to a C2S from an E92 M3 and rave abt the sewing machine note in the C2S. Those I will never understand, but to each its own...As a lifelong fan of all things BMW esp M, I am really looking forward to something new from them that can get me excited all over again and it better not just be a lousy twin turbo drive train. Maybe the i9/i8s might be the car...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #555
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
I go around telling people not to let go of their E9x M3s, but the problem is, people do get bored after owning the same car for a few years. Eventually, I could only tell them that they will miss the car. I made the same mistake myself The best thing about the S65 with MPE is that it sounds absolutely sensational at both the induction and exhaust front. The engine sounds good in a cold start and at any rev. Once past 5k rpm, it turns into such an aggressive and mechanical growl it makes my hair stand in attention. The Speciale unfortunately, is not among Ferrari's best moments when it comes to sound. Many fellow owners have complained about its sound esp those who used to own the Italia. The damn sound from this car is nothing but low bassy crap. U need to rev the crap out of it to get some semblance of that signature Ferrari roar. No F1 scream on this car however hard u try. If u trust Chris Harris, u should hear it from him in his comparison video of the Speciale vs the GT3.

I have driven the F82 M4 and it's an excellent car. Just not exciting in my opinion. Subjectivity is part of what makes this world go round and I respect people's preference for the F8x cars. Some just like to go fast in a straight line while some prefer other things. No absolute right or wrong. Hell, there are even people who "upgrade" to a C2S from an E92 M3 and rave abt the sewing machine note in the C2S. Those I will never understand, but to each its own...As a lifelong fan of all things BMW esp M, I am really looking forward to something new from them that can get me excited all over again and it better not just be a lousy twin turbo drive train. Maybe the i9/i8s might be the car...
So the F8x doesn't handle and brake better? What makes you think people who like the F8x only like strait lines?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 04:25 PM   #556
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
I go around telling people not to let go of their E9x M3s, but the problem is, people do get bored after owning the same car for a few years. Eventually, I could only tell them that they will miss the car. I made the same mistake myself The best thing about the S65 with MPE is that it sounds absolutely sensational at both the induction and exhaust front. The engine sounds good in a cold start and at any rev. Once past 5k rpm, it turns into such an aggressive and mechanical growl it makes my hair stand in attention....
I can understand ppl who get bored with the same car after a few years. I own my m3 since brand new from february of 2009. I kept it 100% stock until last year, was getting really bord with stock power and everything else. Almost sold it. But i am glad i changed my mind, because after modding it(susp., SC, exhaust, aero), this car sounds sensational now, acceleration is fenomenal, and the handling is fantastic. Cant imagine a better DD/track car right now.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 06:00 AM   #557
turbo8765
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
So the F8x doesn't handle and brake better? What makes you think people who like the F8x only like strait lines?
Did you read the Evo article?
Appreciate 0