BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

11-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

Bastuck impressions

Installed the Bastuck this past weekend. I wanted to replace the OEM system because the rear of the car IMO was horrible because of the muffler sticking out below the bumper. The Bastuck looks 100 times better and was pretty easy to install. Myself and a friend installed the system in about an hour and a half and all we had were ramps and jackstands. The were zero issues with fit, everything fit perfectly. We followed the writeupin the DIY section. As far as sound the volume is similar to stock but the tone is much deeper than stock, especially in the lower RPM. As the RPMs increase to me it is hard to hear a difference but definately a difference down low. I want to eventually get an X pipe so I opted for a quiet exhaust now and add some volume later. So far very happy with the system, looks and sounds much better than OEM.
Julius at WheelSTO was very helpful in keeping me up to date with the progress of the exhaust since it did take a little longer than expected for the exhaust. Something about the Germans taking a month off from work, whether thats true or not oh well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Its indeed a quality made system. Congrats!
      11-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

MASSIVE improvement over the stock system, indeed.
Appreciate 0