BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

04-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Overly delicate interior?

Slight rant and some questions.

It is starting to show some scuffs (i can see white and i have black novillo) on the hand brake and the hand brake boot. Seriously? I'm really careful in my car and I barely even touch those areas. Is this normal?

The soft touch coating is peeling around the window switches. Now I know this is a "high traffic" area but I don't even touch those areas when i hit the window switches.

I understand wear on the seat bolsters but it seems like the car is going to wear in all sorts of random places and look pretty awful in a short amount of time.

Is there any material that you can apply on these damaged areas to prevent further damage? Like some kind of plasti dip material you can brush/spray onto the area.
      04-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #2
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
You have to clean the interior to keep it clean...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #3
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

I do clean the interior, my rant is just that areas that aren't even touched much at all are getting damaged.

It's like having something on you desk that you don't touch and its like deteriorating on its own lol
      05-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
pntiller
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

I am seeing similiar peeling. It is not the leather area but rather the plastic pieces with some sort of thin black soft touch coating on them. I have the the black interior and this black coated plastic is seen surrounding the windows switchs , the areas of the steering wheel that are not leather or central airbag round cover ( large surfaces around buttons that appears to be plastic ), and on the front face of the beverage holders. For all these areas, it appears finger nails over time like scrapped at it to much, which is my guess.

The black plastic underneather the peelign black soft touch coating looks more matte in color. I am tempted to just peeling it all off as the peeling only will look worse with time.

Not sure if there is anything that can be done.
Appreciate 0