BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
tibra1
Great photos ... lovely car
Safe Travels Always,
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter
Thanks very much..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
^^ Car looks good. Those carbon splitters are nice on the AW. I'm considering those even though my car will be black.
Oh, and p.s. I love the "one hump" dash but I'm biased.
Agree i like my dash sans mid dash "hump"..

Car only has comp and cold pkg.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #24
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

I'm not sure I like the contrast. Its something I'm struggling since I have AW and all the stuff I like is carbon. What to do Your car is sweet, but the splitters look out of place on AW IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #25
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

I like the carbon fiber and alpine white combo, personally. Nice ride!
      01-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #26
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
Those terms contradict each other. For sure, the N54 and N55 have fantastic a fantastic low end, but it ends, and ends rather abruptly compared to the S65. I think the N54/55 are better daily drivers if you're preference is to leave them in gear longer (i.e. surf the wave of torque in 3rd gear), instead of doing more shifting.
What I meant was that there is low end power, meaning power under 3k RPM, which is perfect for DD
You don't need to stay in 3rd with the n54/n55.
For example, I drove a modded 135i with DCT (N55) this past weekend, and going 60mph in 7th gear, you can accelerate to ~80 very easily with barely touching the throttle; similar can be achieved in the M, but you need to press the throttle more or down shift 2-3 gears. No need to downshift in the N55 I was driving (moded with downpipes and Jb4, so not stock. I've never driven a stock N55 so I can't comment on that)

When I drive my M around down, I rarely go above 3k rpm, and with my Akra, I have a torque tip too
Hence why I prefer driving my Z4 (n54) around town over my M3.
And the M3 has power in the high end and it keeps going, hence why I prefer tracking my M3 twice a month over the Z4 .
N54 is alright on the track.... but not nearly as fun as the S65.

They each have their pros and cons.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #27
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
Your reasoning is sound. You may not be able to match engine torque at a certain given rpm, but you will be able to match wheel torque at a given vehicle speed given the higher engine rpm/lower gearing.
What I have been trying to say all along, but you phrased it perfectly. Thanks. This, in principle, is much more useful in motorsport application.
      01-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #28
Hotnickz07
Rep
Drives: 08 JB/B E93 DCT...Ballin

Persian54 sayd it best.How ever coming from a n55 xi 335 and my arch nemesis (BEST FRIENDS n54)who has DP intake and full exhaust...I feel the same as he does. I just recently traded my 335 in for this M e93, and got to tell you i would never go back to the n54or n55. i raced my buddy's with the n54 bolt ons no tune , and he walked me on a 35 roll i didnt begin to catch up to him untill 120 and he had like 2-3 car on me. Idk if it is the vert that makes it slower or that it was a really cold 40f that night in Miami and the turbo came to life but i spected a closer race with me beating him at least..W/E even with him spanking me i still love my top down M
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #29
AlteredBe4st
First Pride
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
After a month with my M3..my answer NO>>>!!!

I have come to find that all these fanatics (including me) claiming the FBO 335 is faster/better than an M3 have not a clue..after enuff time w/ both cars...IMO NO WAY!!.. I honestly dont know how someone can say with a straight face that the M is not the better car.

Even completely stock this M3 (on the streets) has shown me things..that I could never have experienced on my former 335i..

BACKGROUND: I had an FBO n54 335i..and i thought it was a fanastic car..but the M3 has shown me another level..now that I have gotten comfortable with it..I can honestly say the M3 is so the better car .totally eclipsing the former sister car...The M3 is just balls out a car that can take punishment and continue to deliver results,.. I never thought I would be saying this but to quote scripture

John 9:25 Whereas once I was blind, but now I see.
Love the Script. Welcome to the M, The 335 FBO is a very impressive car but the M3 is just a different type of vehicle. The M3 was never designed for the quarter mile take it to the track and you will see what it's designed for when compared to the 335. Love the torque of the 335 but I will rather the M3 high rev motor.
      01-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #30
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Wow, that is exactly where I want my M3 to end up, great looking car with the splitters, mirror caps...etc.
Appreciate 0